Morrissey+Morricone=Heaven

Anaesthesine

Angel of Distemper
Yep, I went to the Morricone extravaganza last night. I was lucky enough to snag a couple of "cheap" seats, and I took a Morricone fanatic with me so, despite Morrissey's absence, it was still an epic, epic event. HUNDREDS of people on stage, MASSIVE, MASSIVE sound. Electric bass, guitar, standard drums and a humongous orchestra, backed by an even more humongous choir.

Now, there were so many other remarkably well-dressed, attractive, sophisticated folks up there - I know a Morrissey audience when I see one. Sure enough, his name was bandied about afterward. If we could not be in Pasadena, at least we were in the presence of musical greatness of another sort.

Anyway, there ain't no doubt about it, THIS is the direction Morrissey needs to go in. He is at that point in his career - he is an elder statesman, an icon, a grand (and still very sexy) old man. It's no accident that "Pigsty" and "Dear God" are the best songs on the album. He is reaching for an epic kind of grandeur that mediocre pop-tunes are not going to fulfill. He needs soaring strings, sweeping melody, and vivid orchestration (with an edge) - a setting worthy of that rarest of gems - his remarkable, passionate voice.

If Ennio Morricone was really that impressed with Morrissey, if the two of them really were to create music together, then I bet the results would catapult Morrissey into the charts and get him his much-desired radio airtime.

My head's still swimming - the potential is enormous.

Glad you enjoyed it.But please don`t call my beloved Moz OLD!!!He is not.He`s only warming up.

hen I bet the results would catapult Morrissey into the charts and get him his much-desired radio airtime.

Yeah, because Scott Walker's all over day time radio, isn't he? :rolleyes:

Exactly how would a track with "a humongous orchestra, backed by an even more humongous choir" result in a better chance of radio play than the current traditional guitar/bass/drums/keyboard set up? I really have no idea how you can come to this conclusion. It's not as if the likes of the Razorlight are struggling to get airplay by only being a guitar based band?

Morrissey will never get radio airtime unless he has some sort of voice transplant and also starts writing meaningless, cliched rock lyrics about f***ing.

Back
Top Bottom