Mike Joyce posts photos of Morrissey's handwritten lyrics for "The Headmaster Ritual" on Facebook

Pretty neat stuff, although I imagine it won't make it to true to you.

Mike Joyce's Facebook page photo
Just been in the basement sorting out some boxes and here's a little snippet of what I found. These hand written lyrics by Moz for 'The Headmaster Ritual'

headmaster_lyrics.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You make an interesting point. It is a question that I have never seen asked of Marr, if it has feel free for someone to send me a link, but I'd love to hear what Marr felt when Morrissey went straight on to make such stellar album as 'Viva Hate' without seemingly missing a beat. Marr always comes across as the nice guy, and I'm sure he is, but you do hear odds and sods from people around the band at the time that Johnny had a pretty big f***en ego as well. maybe not the diva behaviour of Moz but I'm sure he was floored at how well Morrissey did especially straight after the disintegration of the band.

I bet he would never admit it but I'm sure there was a part of him that was pissed, he probably thought Morrissey would sink without him.

Not exactly answering your question, but I read somewhere that Johnny sent Morrissey a note expressing his approval of the Suedehead single (before the Viva Hate album was released). Supposedly this note from Johnny was a tremendous confidence booster for Morrissey at the time. It might have been Stephen Street who mentioned this ... don't recall.

Not exactly answering your question, but I read somewhere that Johnny sent Morrissey a note expressing his approval of the Suedehead single (before the Viva Hate album was released). Supposedly this note from Johnny was a tremendous confidence booster for Morrissey at the time. It might have been Stephen Street who mentioned this ... don't recall.

:crazy: I thought there was a complimentary postcard from Johnny after The Last Of The Famous International Playboys. I don't remember a note after Suedehead.

Yeah I'm aware of what Johnny did on a certain level. I'm aware that he kinda praised VH but then had the sly dig that he'd only listened to it once. I guess what I'm really wondering is get Johnny on a late night with a few drinks and spliffs in him (I know he doesn't drink anymore) and I wonder if he'd reveal what he truly thinks.

One could easily flip the question round, and wonder if Morrissey was seething with jealousy when he saw Johnny on Top of the Tops when Electronic's 'Getting Away With It' got to #12 in the single charts, instead of quietly slipping into obscurity without him. I'm sure both of them had a mixture of emotions at seeing the other one succeed without the other. The whole thing seems pretty irrelevant, frankly.

Yeah I'm aware of what Johnny did on a certain level. I'm aware that he kinda praised VH but then had the sly dig that he'd only listened to it once. I guess what I'm really wondering is get Johnny on a late night with a few drinks and spliffs in him (I know he doesn't drink anymore) and I wonder if he'd reveal what he truly thinks.

I'd like to know that also. The way Morrissey tells it in the autobiography is that Johnny left him high and dry and in contract to produce another album (which became Viva Hate). If that's the case, I can't imagine him being too bitter about Morrissey carrying on ... through not necessarily wishing him the most success either.

EXTRAORDINARY STATEMENT BBC c***RYFILE RECORDS LTD.

Where are we now ! Where are we now ?

It is with heartfelt pain I have to announce that Kerrygold the covers album project has been shelved.
This midweek Steven failed to attend the record company meeting arranged to air the final edit and discuss artwork and heavily funded promotion for release on 7/9/15. All attempts to make contact failed however a copy of the Kerrygold master was delivered later by a motorbike courier accompanied with a childlike note that read 'take it or leave it'.
In Stevens absence we pressed on and aired the final mix. I shall take the look of shock, horror and embarresment on the boards faces to my grave. Out of fourteen songs there where only three worthy for human consumption 1) I beg your pardon (live in Nashville) 2) I can't go back to savoury now with John Shuttleworth (backing vocal and Yamaha keyboard) 3) Humasexuality featuring Billy Bragg on guitar/backing vocals. The remaining eleven tracks where just covers of songs with a very very heavy flamenco genre with terrible lead guitar/solos.
I have left this regrettable announcement till the eleventh hour in the hope that the matter could have been resolved but I am now duty bound to BBC c***ryfile Records LTD to report the truth how things unfolded.
Having realised what they had c***ryfile Records had set aside a huge amount of money and time to promote Kerrygold but we cannot proceed in the present light of day and are duly sorry to the fans. We wish Steven well in his twilight years and stress that the door will always remain open to him but not surrounding collaborators.

Chief Executive of BBC c***ryfile Records

Stefan Barney.

CC: Benny-the-British-Butcher

I'm surprised he even teamed up with Billy Bragg I thought they didn't get on. No doubt we'll be getting a statement from Morrisseys point of view next few days.

Willy Groper

It is with heartfelt pain I have to announce that Kerrygold the covers album project has been shelved.
This midweek Steven failed to attend the record company meeting arranged to air the final edit and discuss artwork and heavily funded promotion for release on 7/9/15. All attempts to make contact failed however a copy of the Kerrygold master was delivered later by a motorbike courier accompanied with a childlike note that read 'take it or leave it'.
In Stevens absence we pressed on and aired the final mix. I shall take the look of shock, horror and embarresment on the boards faces to my grave. Out of fourteen songs there where only three worthy for human consumption 1) I beg your pardon (live in Nashville) 2) I can't go back to savoury now with John Shuttleworth (backing vocal and Yamaha keyboard) 3) Humasexuality featuring Billy Bragg on guitar/backing vocals. The remaining eleven tracks where just covers of songs with a very very heavy flamenco genre with terrible lead guitar/solos.
I have left this regrettable announcement till the eleventh hour in the hope that the matter could have been resolved but I am now duty bound to BBC c***ryfile Records LTD to report the truth how things unfolded.
Having realised what they had c***ryfile Records had set aside a huge amount of money and time to promote Kerrygold but we cannot proceed in the present light of day and are duly sorry to the fans. We wish Steven well in his twilight years and stress that the door will always remain open to him but not surrounding collaborators.

Stefan Barney.

Could Morrissey take Kerrygold to another label I don't understand how these things work ? I hope this won't effect the UK dates I have tickets for Hull.

Stefan Barney.

To change the subject a bit. Benny-the-British-Butcher do you know where Morrissey is living these days? I'm sure Moz travels all over the place, he seems like a rolling stone. Moz maybe lives in more than one place. Benny-the-British-Butcher you seem to know a lot about our Morrissey.

surely a bootleg will circulate?
i suppose maybe the libertines can succor moz in obtaining one last record contract?

I think rourk and marr had the best connection just by listening listenin. I also thought kiss kisse a lot was the most moz track of the album and the only one with the added wink of perversity and of course all of the pop culture references

To change the subject a bit. Benny-the-British-Butcher do you know where Morrissey is living these days? I'm sure Moz travels all over the place, he seems like a rolling stone. Moz maybe lives in more than one place. Benny-the-British-Butcher you seem to know a lot about our Morrissey.

Well I know some of the bolt holes but why would I share information like that in the first place ? Silly request if you want to get in touch with him I suggest you go through the normal procedure of management/record company.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

:crazy: I thought there was a complimentary postcard from Johnny after The Last Of The Famous International Playboys. I don't remember a note after Suedehead.

Every time Morrissey does a new song Johnny writes him a letter saying he wants to get the Smiths back together, just to mess with him.

- - - Updated - - -

Every time Morrissey does a new song Johnny writes him a letter saying he wants to get the Smiths back together, just to mess with him.

lmao sure jan

Well I know some of the bolt holes but why would I share information like that in the first place ? Silly request if you want to get in touch with him I suggest you go through the normal procedure of management/record company.

Thanks Benny-the-British-Butcher for your reply. I don't want to get in touch with Morrissey. I wanted to know what countries Morrissey is living in currently and in the past. I know he sometimes stays in hotels for a while.

Stefan Barney.

CC: Benny-the-British-Butcher ������

I heard the c***RYFILE RECORDS insisted that STEVEN release the demos for the recording session with Sammy Smith and Big Eddie and himself singing a cover of Now MY COCKS BEEN GROPED.

SILLY STEVEN is in the process of print new t-shirts f*** c***RYFILE.

not surprisingly, the larry king interview is not live and will likely be cleaned up before posting, deleting all references to the aborted kerrygold album.

not surprisingly, the larry king interview is not live and will likely be cleaned up before posting, deleting all references to the aborted kerrygold album.

True I suspect as much as he would like to have a good old Mozzy-Bitch-Rip at c***ryfile records and Stefan Barney he'll no doubt show some self restraint, having been ditched by yet another label it could give other labels the impression he's an awkward tw_t to deal with. Better to stick to things like having his cock fettled with at the airport or how rubbish the Royal family are and how performing at the NOT ANIMAL FRIENDLY F Y F FESTIVAL IS ACCEPTABLE FOR A CLOSSET CHEESE MUNCHING VEGETARIAN SINGING MEAT IS MURDER.
Oh Silly Steven ! So much to answer for !

Well I know some of the bolt holes but why would I share information like that in the first place ?
I read Morrissey frequents Rome and a certain part of Switzerland. Also he spends time in LA in California and in Cheshire/Manchester. Also has spent some time in Dublin in Ireland, London and even maybe Spain?

Maybe some other places?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom