Julia Riley- A birthday wish?

J

jay

I don't get it, Morrissey gives Julia Riley a birthday wish. I thought Moz hated Julia for being so weird. What's up with that?

> I don't get it, Morrissey gives Julia Riley a birthday wish. I
> thought Moz hated Julia for being so weird. What's up with that?

Who is Julia Riley? I thought Morrissey liked weird people.

> Who is Julia Riley? I thought Morrissey liked weird people.

Julia Riley is a Moz stalker who has her own fanzine. Apparently she goes to all of Moz's shows b/c she's a millonare widow and obviously can afford to go. She gets mad at Moz quite frequently and when she's mad she'll turn her back on Moz and stay like that for the entire show

> Julia Riley is a Moz stalker who has her own fanzine. Apparently
> she goes to all of Moz's shows b/c she's a millonare widow and
> obviously can afford to go. She gets mad at Moz quite frequently
> and when she's mad she'll turn her back on Moz and stay like
> that for the entire show

Why would she get mad at him?

I was there to witness it, and let's just say that it was not the highlight of the show.
He said something like "this song is for Julis, who just turned 200, she doesn't look it"
Some of us thought this comment might have been made tounge in cheek. Who knows. Morrissey somethimes does strange things....

i dont know why everyone has to post negative comments publicly about other fans. you probobaly dont even know julia, and to make comments about her is pretty stupid. im sure that this whole birthday thing was important to her, and i dont see why everyone here has to ruin it. you dont have to like every person, but there is no reason to belittle her expierience and talk trash...(no, im not julia)

> i dont know why everyone has to post negative comments publicly
> about other fans. you probobaly dont even know julia, and to
> make comments about her is pretty stupid.

Well, I've heard things about Julia before but I met her in Athens before the show and she was nice and chatty- and, i agree with whoever posted the above, why do we have to be mean about people who are following Mozzer? The same happened with the MorrisseyTour.com girls some time ago... Let people be! They just do it out of love, no reason to attack them, is there? I wish Morrissey would notice MY b'day even if he would do it tongue-in-cheek!

Re: Julia Riley- An UNHAPPY birthday wish?

> Julia Riley is a Moz stalker who has her own fanzine. Apparently
> obviously can afford to go. She gets mad at Moz quite frequently
> and when she's mad she'll turn her back on Moz and stay like
> that for the entire show

She is about 3 feet tall and weighs about 50 pounds. I'm surprised she hasn't been crushed to death at at Moz show yet. In Tempe, she tried to push her way to the front (when she hadn't been waiting outside all day, like some of us), then proceeded to wave a stupid letter in our faces, nearly poking our eyes out! As if Moz could even grab it when she was 10 feet from the stage. Of course, someone had to grab the letter out of her hand and throw it to the ground. And whoever you are that did that, thank you! ;)

> Why would she get mad at him?

well i just got her new zine and while asthetically it is always quite good, i find the content to be so pandering and rose-colored to the point of nausea...

> Well, I've heard things about Julia before but I met her in
> Athens before the show and she was nice and chatty- and, i agree
> with whoever posted the above, why do we have to be mean about
> people who are following Mozzer? The same happened with the
> MorrisseyTour.com girls some time ago... Let people be! They
> just do it out of love, no reason to attack them, is there? I
> wish Morrissey would notice MY b'day even if he would do it
> tongue-in-cheek!
I'll admit that I am not Julia's biggest fan, but I don't think she deserves to me talked harshly about on message boards.
Unless you have had a specific encounter with her you should not judge her. And, on occassions she was nice to me as well.
I was a companion of the Morrissey.tour girls and would REALLY like to know what was said about us, or the subject heading of these conversations so that I my find out for myself.
thanks
tour girl

Jay,

What & where is this person Julia Riley from? Is she as horrible as everyone makes her out to be? How did you hear of her?

Re: Julia Riley- A birthday wish? My Take and Tale

I've met Julia twice on the Maladjusted tour and again at Coachella, and she's been nothing but nice. Yes, I'll admit she is a bit starnge, but isn't Morrissey? That guy is a freak actually, but Julia is not so bad to get this kind of negative attention. If I was a millionare(i have no clue if she is as stated in another post) I'd follow Moz around too...wouldn't you?!?! She does a great informative detailed zine(yes it's very foo fooish sometimes) but it's a great zine regardless. She kept many peoples intrest alive in Moz's carrer during the downtimes with trivia, contests, facts and other things in her zine and for that she should be commended. I'm not her friend so I am not taking sides, just telling you my dealings with her, and I think she's cool as hell! I hope TRUE TO YOU stays around for a long time.

MY GOD PEOPLE WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU!!

WHO CARES! I met Julia this last oct at the wc tour dates, okay she's weird, maybe she takes moz a little far.....maybe she is a freak...maybe she's the worst person in the world. WHO CARES! Before you all start ripping apart someone else take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror. I myself admit i'm not exactly all there driving half-way(2X) across the country sacrificing my job, finacial well-being for moz, hanging outside of hotels for moz, back stage etc. if i don't recall i wasn't the only one out there. So i say to all of you chill, i know we have more important things to talk about than juila riley, A MOZ FAN like you, don't worry i am sure if moz doesn't want her around or anything he would see to it. Just stop this vulgar display of hate, -VIVAMOZ

Re: Julia Riley - nothing wrong with that

> obviously can afford to go

There's nothing wrong with being a wealthy widow. It works for me! Money takes the pain away. At least she has been smart enough not to remarry and have to share the wealth.

> I was a companion of the Morrissey.tour girls and would REALLY
> like to know what was said about us, or the subject heading of
> these conversations so that I my find out for myself.
> thanks
> tour girl

Don*t worry, it was only jealous drivel without any meaning. People were going on about how you could possibly afford all this without murdering some granny in Maidenhead or something.... It was pure jealousy!

precious soul

Back
Top Bottom