Hello everyone!

S

Salome

This is my first time here...
I'm really not updated with the latest news about Morrissey, and I am just wondering what's he's been working on lately.
Is there any new album planned?
It's been such a long time since malajusted was released... And even more since his last tour in Europe (his last gig in France was in 92! almost 10 years!!!)

Thanks for your answers...

Well, I'm afraid it doesn't make me smile

> This is my first time here...

I'm sorry (sometimes this board is not the best place to be), but (hugs) welcome none-the-less.

> I'm really not updated with the latest news about Morrissey,

You haven't been left far behind. There isn't much news. Just rumours of an upcoming album and a new record deal, but these rumours have been floating around for several months/almost a year now with no real proof. But, some of us are holding out hope still....a waning hope.

>and
> I am just wondering what's he's been working on lately.

A tan, the great american novel, finding a good committed relationship to fall into and enjoy, the perfect oscar wilde photo for the den......and maybe in his spare time (a record deal)...I hope.

> Is there any new album planned?

Hmmm, is the glass half full or half empty, you be the judge. (wink)

> It's been such a long time since malajusted was released... And
> even more since his last tour in Europe (his last gig in France
> was in 92! almost 10 years!!!)

YES! I remember someone mentioning that this has been the longest period in Morrissey history that we've gone without a new release.

carryon.gif

A gentle tone of kindness...

Thanks a lot, Girl afraid for your answer.

Unfortunately, you told me what I feared...
In many itws Morrissey said that when the day comes when he thinks he hasn't got anything left to say, he would stop.

I just hope that day hasn't come yet...

Thanks for welcoming me that way, I figured out by reading a few messages that this board seems to be very interesting... (got me?)

One more question, none the less...
We all know Morrissey's admiration for O.W.
Do you have any idea (I know this is a tough question) if he's even been into other writers such as Nietzsche for instance?
(I know this may be a bit weird, but Nietzsche and Wilde have a lot in common, so...)

One last thing: Girl Afraid... where are you from?

When you walk without ease

> Unfortunately, you told me what I feared...

I think that we all have that fear somewhat (call it post-smiths gitters). When I think of the end of Moz, I think of his 'Get off the Stage' cover and its mocking lines about singers whose songs have lost their substance.

I see him as someone who would retire early, as a way to end his career gracefully. I feared that the last tour was a way of doing that.

> In many itws Morrissey said that when the day comes when he
> thinks he hasn't got anything left to say, he would stop.

Or rather, fall madly in love and escape the limelight to live out the rest of his life hob-nobbing with the rich and famous.

In some ways I would rather he be tormented emotionally again and write wonderful smith-esq quality lyrics (it's terrible I know). Maybe in the next world.

> I just hope that day hasn't come yet...

I don't think that he has yet, but..........we share that fear.

> Thanks for welcoming me that way, I figured out by reading a few
> messages that this board seems to be very interesting... (got
> me?)

There are some good bits here. You'll be amazed when another tour starts up and suddendly you're lost in the shuffle of tour stories and local Moz-spottings (oh the memories).

In the meantime it's a rather aquward place, full of sound and fury signifying nothing. (wink)

> One more question, none the less...

Ask me, ask me, ask me....

> We all know Morrissey's admiration for O.W.
> Do you have any idea (I know this is a tough question) if he's
> even been into other writers such as Nietzsche for instance?

In all honestly, I dont know.

Personally, I'm EXTREMLY philosophically/analytically based person. In the olden days (of my Morrissey memories) I used to relate so deeply to the lyrics that I wondered if Moz shared my passion.

I know it may sound silly to assume, but I still often wonder how someone so well read cannot be into philosophy as well. Or at least have a particular philosopher/writer that they greatly respect and draw bits of lyrics/insight from. And Moz is known for using people, books, music as an inspiration for his lyrics.

I have written him once about this question. Does he wonder, is he interested in philosophy...philosophers......analytical ideas. In my letter I brought up a few main ideas and concepts, and mentioned a few books that I loved (in relation to those concepts) and asked him what he thought.

I never got a reply. From which I've heard isn't suprising. But, I still left wonder if that sort of thing interests him. It's not everyones 'cup of tea'. ~Well I wonder~

I don't know if this is what you were getting when you asked about his views on Nietzche. But this is what popped into my mind on the notion. Helpful or helpless I can offer nothing more.

> (I know this may be a bit weird, but Nietzsche and Wilde have a
> lot in common, so...)

A sense of reality? Good taste....?

> One last thing: Girl Afraid... where are you from?

A scary place, that I hope to one day leave, in favor of England.

para.gif

> This is my first time here...
> I'm really not updated with the latest news about Morrissey, and
> I am just wondering what's he's been working on lately.
> Is there any new album planned?
> It's been such a long time since malajusted was released... And
> even more since his last tour in Europe (his last gig in France
> was in 92! almost 10 years!!!)

> Thanks for your answers...

i have read some posts from someone with the same nick, when i came to this board for the first time.