Have you seen the clips of Morrissey throwing Hecklers out of his gigs?

Yes, we've seen the clips. Happened soon after the Liverpool walk off stage. Morrissey seemed to be going through a stressful time then, and it was unpleasant for fans. ''The show must go on'' was always a previous line of action, even when hit by 50p coins in the face and flower stalks in the eye ball, but it changed around 2 years ago, to the point were a show was not necessarily going to start, or even finish, depending on the crowd reaction. I don't think you can JUST put it down to being 50-ish. That's not exactly old, is it? More of an attitude of Morrissey, which has lasted with a slight sense of hostility since, to be honest.

Re: for your interest

If what he says is true, and his time on stage is not just a performance, then I think it is fair enough that anyone being a pain in the arse should go. He plays small venues and the tickets sell out quick - why would you go just to shout abuse? Imagine doing your job with someone telling you to f*** off - if you could get them removed you would. I was particularly proud of getting two arseholes removed from the Dunoon gig. Morrissey saw them go, looked at me, I shrugged my shoulders, he nodded at me, smiled then carried on.
The love me outside video is uncomfortable to watch, though...

Crabby patch. It happens. But this last round of gigs seemed really positive and full of love. I suspect he's seeing someone.

Crabby patch. It happens. But this last round of gigs seemed really positive and full of love. I suspect he's seeing someone.

Um...positive and full of love? You mean the gig where he banned davidt from the concert...and all future concerts? Where he wore a T-shirt telling this entire website and everyone who uses it to f*** off? The gigs he mentioned as being miserable in interviews? (Thinking specifically the outdoors ones in the rain). Those gigs? "Positive and full of love"?

Who's he seeing....Satan? The Marquis de Sade? Courtney Love? ;-)

If what he says is true, and his time on stage is not just a performance, then I think it is fair enough that anyone being a pain in the arse should go. He plays small venues and the tickets sell out quick - why would you go just to shout abuse? Imagine doing your job with someone telling you to f*** off - if you could get them removed you would. I was particularly proud of getting two arseholes removed from the Dunoon gig. Morrissey saw them go, looked at me, I shrugged my shoulders, he nodded at me, smiled then carried on.
The love me outside video is uncomfortable to watch, though...
Hey Deathdisco, Very well written post. If I'd had put this argument I would have come across as a fanboy.

Um...positive and full of love? You mean the gig where he banned davidt from the concert...and all future concerts? Where he wore a T-shirt telling this entire website and everyone who uses it to f*** off? The gigs he mentioned as being miserable in interviews? (Thinking specifically the outdoors ones in the rain). Those gigs? "Positive and full of love"?

Who's he seeing....Satan? The Marquis de Sade? Courtney Love? ;-)

Yeah that's true. Forgot about that stuff. :o But seriousy, there were more shows where he seemed just calm and at peace. I think the David thing was a total f*** up and the shirt thing wasn't his idea, he was kind of pushed into it. I could be wrong. I still suspect he's seeing someone, he doesn't play his miserable card as often and some of the comments, he's not engaged as closely with the fans. When one screams "I love you." He said "No you don't, you love attention in an arena." or something. Kind of like he doesn't need that anonymous affirmation because he's getting it real elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom