Goo Goo Dolls story (No Moz Content At All, Really)

• Thread starter Some Totally Random Moz Fan
  • Start date
S

Some Totally Random Moz Fan

So Friday night after the USC game my friend's friend had a bunch of free tickets to the Goo Goo dolls and asked us all if we wanted to go. I wasn't a big fan but I knew a a few of their tunes from the radio and thought what the hell? All the girls really wanted to go so off we went.

The show was great and the songs were all pretty good, actually- and I recognised more than I thought I would- but the unexpected highlight came when the lead singer (John something-or-other) took a woman's cell phone from the crowd in between songs. On the line was her angry boyfriend, checking up on her. So the following conversation took place for al of us to hear"

"Hello? Yes who is this? Who am I? I'm John... Where is she? She's here at the show... well you don't have to be THAT way about it... what? Well she'll be home in a hours BYE."

*click*

The crowd went crazy...

Can you imagine the conversation she had with her pissed off boyfriend later that evening?

"But that REALLY WAS John blah-blah-blah from the Goo-Goo Dolls!"

LOL!!

okay back to work

HAHA Cute story! I despise the Goo Goo Dolls more than life itself but that's pretty funny.

I think they're a pretty decent live band. I've inplausibly seen them twice. It's a shame that everyone thinks of stuff like 'Iris' and the VH1 stuff, but their earlier albums are good.