Desert Island Discs?

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Remember that rumour a few years ago about Morrissey being the castaway on Desert Island Discs? Well, they've been trying to get him on for years, the new series is just about to start, Moz will be in the country for a month or so...what do you reckon the chances are?

Peter

would be great for him to do this, i know recently he has done shows were he has picked tracks, i.e janis long and that one from america, but this would be his all time favourite songs list. Hope he does Johnathan Ross and Jools again, you cant get enough Moz on the box

would be great for him to do this, i know recently he has done shows were he has picked tracks, i.e janis long and that one from america, but this would be his all time favourite songs list.
i love the my top 10 thingy he did in 84-im sure you know them as well-i dont know the name of the radio dj there though.
they certainly get along very well-lots of giggling and since the dj was from manchester some " ive seen you at the train station" stuff going on
he had time talking about his fave music which as a music enthusiast he is, is always intruiging
def my fave interview
My Top Ten BBC Radio 1 06.10.84
02 - the tams - be young be foolish be happy
04 - billy fury - i will
06 - timi yuro - insult to injury
08 - john leighton -johnny remember me
10 - francoise hardy - all over the world
12 - sandie shaw - you've not changed
14 - rita pavone - heart
16 - the marvelettes - paper boy
18 - Sandie Posey - I Take It Back
20 - Klaus Nomi - Death
dont know if the link is still valid
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?p=643970&highlight=klaus+nomi#post643970

Last edited:
i love the my top 10 thingy he did in 84-im sure you know them as well-i dont know the name of the radio dj there though.
they certainly get along very well-lots of giggling and since the dj was from manchester some " ive seen you at the train station" stuff going on
he had time talking about his fave music which as a music enthusiast he is, is always intruiging
def my fave interview
My Top Ten BBC Radio 1 06.10.84
02 - the tams - be young be foolish be happy
04 - billy fury - i will
06 - timi yuro - insult to injury
08 - john leighton -johnny remember me
10 - francoise hardy - all over the world
12 - sandie shaw - you've not changed
14 - rita pavone - heart
16 - the marvelettes - paper boy
18 - Sandie Posey - I Take It Back
20 - Klaus Nomi - Death
dont know if the link is still valid
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?p=643970&highlight=klaus+nomi#post643970

Ooh I've never seen this... although he did choose his 'Singles To Be Cremated With' for the NME around the same time: a few doubles, here...

The World's Loneliest Man - Vince Eager
Don't Take The Lovers From The World - Shirley Bassey
What A Nice Way To Turn 17 - The Crystals
There, I've Said It Again - Sam Cooke
Loneliness Remembers What Happiness Forgets - Dionne Warwick
Strange, I Know - The Marvelettes
Third Finger, Left Hand - Martha Reeves And The Vandellas
I Take It Back - Sandy Posey
Heart - Rita Pavone
Shoes - Reparata
Terry - Twinkle
Attack - The Toys
I've Been A Bad, Bad Boy - Paul Jones
Insult To Injury - Timi Yuro

I'd love to hear him to Desert Island Discs now though, although I'm not sure I can see it happening... x

It was definitely supposed to happen as part of the promotion for 'Years of Refusal' back at the start of this year, around the time of the BBC Radio 2 gig and 'The One Show'. Janice Long and Boyd Hilton confirmed it, but he must have bailed, maybe at the same time as the Kermode/'Culture Show' cancellation.
I'd love to hear him do 'D.I.D', but to be honest I can't really see it happening. I think Moz talking about his eight musical choices would be smashing, but the personal interview sections could be more awkward, given his recent 'technique' of interviewing the interviewer. The fragrant Ms.Young isn't exactly Professor Anthony Clare or anythin' but she does still tend to focus on childhood and family upbringing to such an extent that I think Mozzer would just think I don't need to do this, I'm off, I can feel a cold coming on. Unless it is already in 'the can' but it's just so woeful it's never been broadcast ~ 'But Kirsty tell me when you first dreamed of being Sue Lawley?', etc, etc...
Oh well, at least we've got Baz Manilow to look forward to come Sunday.
Perhaps Morrissey thought it was 'Desert Island Discs' with Kristeen Young and got confused....;)

Back
Top Bottom