CD Single of The Smiths 1988

Jo Novark

Hi,
On three cd singles of The Smiths I own (the boy, Barbarism and Heaven knows) on the cds it's note 'made in France by MPO' and not 'made in England' like the others. I look at passionsjustlikemine and I don't see any information. Are there more collectable ? For the cd single 'heaven knows' when I play it, the order of the tracks is different, 'Suffer..' is before 'Girl afraid'. Any information would be appreciated.

Hi,
On three cd singles of The Smiths I own (the boy, Barbarism and Heaven knows) on the cds it's note 'made in France by MPO' and not 'made in England' like the others. I look at passionsjustlikemine and I don't see any information. Are there more collectable ? For the cd single 'heaven knows' when I play it, the order of the tracks is different, 'Suffer..' is before 'Girl afraid'. Any information would be appreciated.

Hello,

Made in France by MPO does not make the CDs more or less collectible.
Many of the Rough Trade discs were manufactured by MPO in France even though they are UK releases.
As for Heaven Knows... playing Suffer Little Children before Girl Afraid, mine is the same as yours.
Not sure about this one but my guess is that they are all the same...

Cheers,

I.R.

Indeed, that's not uncommon not only for RT releases, but for older UK releases in general, particularly from Independent lables (early Bluurg Records releases come to mind for me). It seems a lot of US releases have be manufactured in Canada, and Aussie releases in Japan, similarly.

Back
Top Bottom