Article: Ed Sheeran says Morrissey is talking 'absolute bollocks' after he insults singer and Sam Sm

Re: You just haven't earn-Ed it yet, Sheeran - Ed Sheeran says Morrissey is talking 'absolute bollocks' after he insults singer and Sam Smith

Sam was the least predictable success story of last year? Is that because he plagiarized Tom Petty?

"Ed Sheeran says Morrissey is talking 'absolute bollocks' after he insults singer and Sam Smith"

Well, let's see whose work is still influencing a generation of musicians in 25 years time. Somehow, I think it's unlikely to be that of Sheeran or Smith.

You are utterly ignorant (and incredibly nasty and vile, to boot):

"Lyric poetry is a form of poetry which expresses personal emotions or feelings, typically spoken in the first person. The term derives from a form of Ancient Greek literature, the lyric, which was defined by its musical accompaniment, usually on a stringed instrument known as a lyre. The term owes its importance in literary theory to the division developed by Aristotle between three broad categories of poetry: lyrical, dramatic and epic." -Wikipedia

Miserable sod.

Yes, but of course! Morrissey is Euripides as well as Oscar Wilde. And James Dean. And his 33 year consumption of cheese to wheeze out his phlegmatic cow-muder celebration "Milk Is Murder" is indeed a Tragedy, but not one he envisaged or planned when he composed his ludicrous persona. "just like poison in a vial, BrummieBoy was often vile" Etc. *rollseyes* Next!

best
GOBB

No offense, but what is really predictable is Morrissey making a headline statement like this when he's got something to sell, like an album or a tour. He has always known how to be quotable, and he's always been known to more people for his interviews than for his music. I don't care for Sheeran or Smith but Morrissey's statement was strange.

And I must add that he had no problem forcing Kristeen Young on everyone for years.

I still care for Morrissey and his music, as difficult as he has made it to do that, but he needs to work on his own music and slag off those in power, not fellow artists.

It isn't working. You can still get 6 x Standing tickets for each night at the Eventim Apollo as of noon Tuesday, 4 days after they went on sale. Couldn't happen to a nicer person. #MorrisseyEventimFlop

best
GOBB

i think it rather more about there creation than whether they are good or not

No offense, but what is really predictable is Morrissey making a headline statement like this when he's got something to sell, like an album or a tour. He has always known how to be quotable, and he's always been known to more people for his interviews than for his music. I don't care for Sheeran or Smith but Morrissey's statement was strange.

And I must add that he had no problem forcing Kristeen Young on everyone for years.

I still care for Morrissey and his music, as difficult as he has made it to do that, but he needs to work on his own music and slag off those in power, not fellow artists.

yeah, he still needs to apologize for Kristeen Young. He can't talk shit about other artists when he liked someone as awful as Kristeen

Every time I see Sheeran's ginger blur across a TV screen, only one thought comes to mind: "We are living in an era when literally anyone can become famous in music."

Every time I see Sheeran's ginger blur across a TV screen, only one thought comes to mind: "We are living in an era when literally anyone can become famous in music."

If you said that in an interview you were in the headlines now :D

"I do maintain that if you eat cheese, your entire life is wrong." -The Ghost Of BrummieBoy

And Morrissey's has never cracked on off whilst ogling some tatoo'd white trash? f*** off, silly bitch

best
GOBB

- - - Updated - - -

That's because, unlike Mrs Syphilis Toerag, you're not a racist piece of shit.

best
GOBB

You can't be racist against white people, jsyk

Everyone except Morrissey, of course, who will NEVER sell 240,000 tickets for Wembley and 160,000 for Croke Park. That is his tragedy and the failure to sell 8000 tickets at Eventim Hammersmith must be like a dagger to his heart. One can thus clearly see this outburst as a cry for help as he circles the drain of live performance success. Morrissey set a goal of 'global, religious fame, and has ended up as a ridiculed eccentric whose nonsensical rants only make it to the mainstream media on slow news days. The dignified exit of retirement isn't open to fame-junkie-face-time-attention-whore Morrissey, so we must brace ourselves to watch his downward spiral play out on stage to diminishing audiences instead of in a luxury therapy clinic in California where his spiralling personality foibles might be handled with dignity, without the mocks, scoffs and guffaws of an increasingly terse media, exhausted by his autopilot explosions about everything from 'royals' to young pop stars. It's all rather sad, but strangely compulsive entertainment. Just not the kind of 'entertainment' he imagines he's providing.

best
GOBB

Everyone except Morrissey, of course, who will NEVER sell 240,000 tickets for Wembley and 160,000 for Croke Park. That is his tragedy and the failure to sell 8000 tickets at Eventim Hammersmith must be like a dagger to his heart. One can thus clearly see this outburst as a cry for help as he circles the drain of live performance success. Morrissey set a goal of 'global, religious fame, and has ended up as a ridiculed eccentric whose nonsensical rants only make it to the mainstream media on slow news days. The dignified exit of retirement isn't open to fame-junkie-face-time-attention-whore Morrissey, so we must brace ourselves to watch his downward spiral play out on stage to diminishing audiences instead of in a luxury therapy clinic in California where his spiralling personality foibles might be handled with dignity, without the mocks, scoffs and guffaws of an increasingly terse media, exhausted by his autopilot explosions about everything from 'royals' to young pop stars. It's all rather sad, but strangely compulsive entertainment. Just not the kind of 'entertainment' he imagines he's providing.

best
GOBB

Keep pedalling the same old dingo' kidneys, Gummie Bore, keep pedalling until the lycra chaffs...
Personally, I'm relieved that Morrissey is playing venues like the Apollo and not kow-towing to a mass audience. Who wants to be surrounded by ignorant chavs who spend their entire lives on Twitter, like Sheep Shearing's fashion-followers with their inarticulate "haterz gonna hate" responses. His music amounts to absolutely nothing, no matter how much he sells.

And your argument, and that of the Uncle, that Morrissey's comments are only timed to coincide with tour/release activity, really is absolute bollocks. Go back and analyse the TTY archives, and you will see that such comments have been made during hiatuses as well.

Yours, SOSB

when i first heard kiss me a lot, i must honestly confess, i thought it was an ed sheeran song.

why does moz comment about all kind of stuff nobody asks him about?

Keep pedalling the same old dingo' kidneys, Gummie Bore, keep pedalling until the lycra chaffs...
Personally, I'm relieved that Morrissey is playing venues like the Apollo and not kow-towing to a mass audience. Who wants to be surrounded by ignorant chavs who spend their entire lives on Twitter, like Sheep Shearing's fashion-followers with their inarticulate "haterz gonna hate" responses. His music amounts to absolutely nothing, no matter how much he sells.

And your argument, and that of the Uncle, that Morrissey's comments are only timed to coincide with tour/release activity, really is absolute bollocks. Go back and analyse the TTY archives, and you will see that such comments have been made during hiatuses as well.

Yours, SOSB

Unfortunately for you, your argument collapses because Morrissey totally craves MASS ADULATION and thus is bitter and twisted about Sheeran. There is nothing wrong with having a niche, boutique Audience and some of the genuine pathfinders in music (Hendrix, Nick Drake, Elliot Smith, Jeff Buckely) didn't have mass FAME when they were alive. The tragedy of Morrissey is that he is not satisfied with a body of work that would stand the test of posterity IF he stopped trashing it with his increasingly bizarre outbursts about Royals=3rdReich type nonsense and IF he let go of his ludicrous pride and vanity, accepted he's f***ed up BIG TIME over Animal Abolitionist issues for 33 years and issued a sincere 'mea culpa' in song, not just donate a drum head to the graves of all the animals he's murdered for Cheezy Paninis and Leather Shoes whilst pontificating that 'Meat Is Murder'.

Many members of The Cult would love it if Morrissey was playing to The List alone in a room above a pub in Hammersmith. It's their ideal scenario, but it's not what Morrissey wants, dreams of and still craves as he drops the CANCER! scare media blitz as 'not working' and returns to old tropes such as HitlerQueenElizardbeast. It's all very sad, very funny. He is a clown, but he can still turn it around and become a Klovn, he just has to realise his current Autofiction has collapsed in ruins and re-invent, just as he did when he locked 'Steven Patrick' in a box on top of the wardrobe in Stretford. Etc.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are experienced cyclists and know how to oil our inner thighs before burning rubber.

best wishes
The Ghost Of BrummieBoy

[currently re-reading "Fallen Angel-The Passion of Fausto Coppi" by William Fotheringham & planning Mamma Roma after the Cyclades]

because he's an attention whore

Why doesn't he just give in and open a Twitter account with links to his TTY scribbles? He doesn't have to read/reply to the crazies and clearly feels the world needs to know that #QueenElizardbeastIsANazi

There must be some Intern he can adopt? Maybe his nephew can double up as Social Media manager as well as impromptu concert footage archivist/dodgy Lad's video merchant? It's all very amateurish but it has a certain charm in a world of ruthless entertainment efficiency. Sadly, Morrissey has expectations of a global audience to rival Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran. If so, he needs to note just how well they max Social Media in a genuinely interesting, immersive, playful & inclusive way. He still thinks he's a 'star' on the stage and his Audience are beneath him. Those days are gone. Forever. Most of his fans just use his performances to feed their Social Media humblebrag stuff. It's just where the culture is. Why issue TTY stuff without letting the Great Unwashed know via a simple link from Twitter? He's a fool. He hasn't deleted the FB 'Morrissey Official' nonsense account that periodically spurts drivel along the lines of 'Hey! Utah! We're in town tomorrow night, still tickets available..." There are still a LOT of tickets for Eventim Hammersmith, so expect that MorrisseyOFFICIAL account to crank up. Of course he has nothing to do with it, but...can't erase it? *rollseyes*

best wishes
The Ghost Of Brummie Boy
[what shall we have for breakfast.....? *thinking*]

- - - Updated - - -

So why comment?

To let this person know that I have not understood their communication. Why are you commenting? Other than to associate your Non-Entity persona with my luminescence. Please keep on topic and do not swear as Kewpie will need smelling salts.

best
GOBB

Back
Top Bottom