Alain Whyte

C

Crashing Bore

Does anyone know if Alain Whyte will return for the inland invasion? Is he still sick? I'm sure lots of you feel the same way. The new guy stepping in for Alain isn't that good. He's nothing compared to Alain. Well if anyone knows anything let me know...

Actually, I saw him play with Moz in Chicago, and he was pretty good. The songs all sounded great IMO.

> Does anyone know if Alain Whyte will return for the inland invasion? Is he
> still sick? I'm sure lots of you feel the same way. The new guy stepping
> in for Alain isn't that good. He's nothing compared to Alain. Well if
> anyone knows anything let me know...

from what ive heard from speaking to people who alledgedly know people alain has had a nervous breakdown.

Nervous Breakdown? Who told you?

> from what ive heard from speaking to people who alledgedly know people
> alain has had a nervous breakdown.

Nervous breakdown?

But then, was Alain present when they recently went back into the recording studio? That wouldn't be as stressful as a tour. If he wasn't present, then something bothers me about that. They should wait till he's better, and be loyal to their mate. They are, after all, touring in support of an album that Alain was was the #2 creative force in making. Unless they went in to record a song dedicated to Alain to make him feel better, it would seem strike me as disloyal, as if saying, "We won't let Alain's illness interfere with business, we are moving on." I can understand that they're committed to touring for the album and needed a subsitute. But recording new songs when they already have several unreleased tracks in the can is not very encouraging.

And what is a nervous breakdown anyway? That's not a medical term. That's a catch-all term people use when they don't wanna talk about what's really going on. That could mean anything. But I'll take it that whatever's going on, it's a touchy subject. "Nervous breakdown" would not rule out a drug problem, but it could also mean severe depression, panic attacks, or even something as serious as psychotic episodes. If it was just depression or panic attacks, I don't see why he couldn't be in the studio with the band.

"Nervous breakdown" is so general it rules nothing out, and therefore anyone can say that and claim to have spoken to someone who knows Alain and not be proven wrong when the truth comes out. It doesn't mean they know anything, however.

Re: Nervous Breakdown? Who told you?

> Nervous breakdown?

> But then, was Alain present when they recently went back into the
> recording studio? That wouldn't be as stressful as a tour. If he wasn't
> present, then something bothers me about that. They should wait till he's
> better, and be loyal to their mate. They are, after all, touring in
> support of an album that Alain was was the #2 creative force in making.
> Unless they went in to record a song dedicated to Alain to make him feel
> better, it would seem strike me as disloyal, as if saying, "We won't
> let Alain's illness interfere with business, we are moving on." I can
> understand that they're committed to touring for the album and needed a
> subsitute. But recording new songs when they already have several
> unreleased tracks in the can is not very encouraging.

> And what is a nervous breakdown anyway? That's not a medical term. That's
> a catch-all term people use when they don't wanna talk about what's really
> going on. That could mean anything. But I'll take it that whatever's going
> on, it's a touchy subject. "Nervous breakdown" would not rule
> out a drug problem, but it could also mean severe depression, panic
> attacks, or even something as serious as psychotic episodes. If it was
> just depression or panic attacks, I don't see why he couldn't be in the
> studio with the band.

> "Nervous breakdown" is so general it rules nothing out, and
> therefore anyone can say that and claim to have spoken to someone who
> knows Alain and not be proven wrong when the truth comes out. It doesn't
> mean they know anything, however.

it could be that maybe he's not going to be well anytime soon. It doesn't even have to be a mental illness. It could be that he was ill with something else and needed a while to recouperate, and I don't think that most of you, if you were in Alain's position, would demand that Morrissey stop his come back tour just because of you. Matter of fact, how much better a way for the album that you worked so hard on to sink without a trace than having no tour to promote it?

Re: Nervous Breakdown? Who told you?

I'd be disappointed if the Whyte/Moz partnership was permanently over. Alain is responsible for a significant percentage of Morrissey's best solo work.