The Morrissey-solo Wiki is a continual work in progress, most of the data still needs to be populated. See the To Do page if you want to help.
The Draize Train
|THE SMITHS song|
|Name||The Draize Train|
Morrissey via NME, Feb. 13, '88:
"I was... asked to write words for... 'The Draize Train', which I thought was the weakest thing Johnny had ever done. Geoff Travis came to see me one day with the tape of it and said, 'It's the best thing Johnny's written and it's a Number One single if you put words to it'. But I said, 'No, Geoff, it's not right'. So, yes, there was pressure to write lyrics, but I thought they were better as they were."
Marr via Guitar Player, 1990:
"I've got an Epiphone Coronet with one pickup, and I string it with the high strings from a 12-string set. It's a really zingy, trebly guitar. I used that on a lot of things that people think are 12-string... I also used it on the studio version of 'The Draize Train,' along with two Rickenbackers. I was working with Alan Rogan, the famed English guitar technician. He said, 'Well, if you want a Pete Townshend sound, I'll bring down two of Pete's guitars.' I don't know whether Pete knows about that!"
Play count (The Smiths concert): 11
The Smiths live history:
- Carlisle, England 1986-10-13 (The Smiths concert)
- Middlesbrough, England 1986-10-14 (The Smiths concert)
- Wolverhampton, England 1986-10-15 (The Smiths concert)
- St Austell, England 1986-10-17 (The Smiths concert)
- Gloucester, England 1986-10-18 (The Smiths concert)
- Newport, Wales 1986-10-19 (The Smiths concert)
- Nottingham, England 1986-10-21 (The Smiths concert)
- London, England 1986-10-23 (The Smiths concert)
- London, England 1986-10-24 (The Smiths concert)
- London, England 1986-10-26 (The Smiths concert)
Play count (Morrissey concert): 0
Appears On Covers Compilation
Related Forum Threads
- The Smiths A-Z: "The Draize Train" - Morrissey-solo (Jan 24, 2022)