- Morrissey's new album, World Peace Is None of Your Business, provisionally set for late June/early July release worldwide; Your Arsenal U.S. and Hungary chart positions; Satellite of Love U.S. chart positions - release information (March 7, 2014)
- The Interview. A LARKS' TONGUE IN APRIL. - Morrissey Central (June 24, 2019)
- All The Young People Must Fall In Love (single)
- Back On The Chain Gang (single)
- Bobby, Don't You Think They Know? (single)
- Brow Of My Beloved
- California Son
- Darling, I Hug A Pillow
- Days Of Decision
- Don't Interrupt The Sorrow
- Drag The River
Joe Chiccarelli is best known for his work with White Stripes, Shins, Broken Social Scene, Morrissey, Spoon, My Morning Jacket, Jason Mraz, Cafe Tacuba and others in the 2000s-2010s.
Born in Boston, producer Joe Chiccarelli got his first taste of the studio through a cousin who owned Boston's Fleetwood Studio. Chiccarelli moved west in the late '70s where he scored an assistant engineer gig at L.A.'s Cherokee Studios. As often happens within the studio world, Chiccarelli caught his break when he happened to be at the right place at the right time (or the wrong place at the wrong time, depending on who you ask). As Cherokee's resident flack, Chiccarelli was assigned to assist difficult clients such as Frank Zappa, who was known for moodiness, being demanding, and keeping late hours. When Zappa's main engineer got held up and couldn't make it to the studio, Zappa upgraded Chiccarelli from assistant to engineer. The album Sheik Yerbouti was a giant step forward for the young studio man, and from there Chiccarelli went on to engineer several other Zappa discs, such as Joe's Garage and Baby Snakes, as well as produce groups like Oingo Boingo and the American Music Club.
Joe Chiccarelli is an American record producer, mixer and engineer, who is a native of Boston, Massachusetts, and has been active since the 1980s. He has produced albums by Stan Ridgway, Morrissey, Oingo Boingo, Spoon, The Shins, Sandra Bernhard, My Morning Jacket, Counting Crows, Augie March, Manchester Orchestra, Minus the Bear, Boy & Bear, Kurt Elling, Saints of Valory, and Big Talk. Other artists include Elton John, Rufus Wainwright, U2, Alanis Morissette, Beck, Etta James, Jamie Cullum, Al Stewart, Tori Amos, The Strokes, The Killers, Cage The Elephant, Cafe Tacuba, Pink Martini, Christina Perri, Third Eye Blind, Vanessa Carlton, Rachael Yamagata, Michael Buble', Glenn Frey and Jason Mraz. Chiccarelli also engineered Frank Zappa's albums Sheik Yerbouti, Joe's Garage Acts I, II & III and Tinseltown Rebellion, and engineered the White Stripes 2007 album Icky Thump. He also engineered The Raconteurs, Consolers of the Lonely, for which he received his eighth of ten Grammy awards, for Best Engineered Album of 2008. He is responsible for album sales well over 50 million.
Related Forum Threads
- Under the Hood of Morrissey’s ‘World Peace...’ With Producer Joe Chiccarelli - Radio.com - Morrissey-solo (Jul 15, 2014)
- Sunset Sound Recorders YT: "10x Grammy Producer & Engineer. Joe Chiccarelli : The Interview" (January 16, 2023) - Morrissey-solo (Jan 16, 2023)