Supported tour dates circa 2004 & 2016.
Wrote a poem about Morrissey shared via true-to-you.net ("ORDINARY POEM BY AN ORDINARY MAN FOR THE POET MORRISSEY", November 10, 2014):
Morrissey, one of the greatest poets of any century
I sometimes reckon I'd rather a frontal lobe lobotomy than be cursed with a brain of such searing primed lyrical monumental pain
For I have sorely realized that to overtly analyze and incessantly scrutinize entices demons to set up camp in the cranium
Yet Steven pat ventures into these very camps looks these terrors up and down with a magnificent frown
and bursts into sublime siren song seduces them by the flickering firelight then lies in their Araby tents with them all night long dreaming of an even more malevolent camp to come
then at dawn sneaks away before they ready the cage back to the studio, then stage and with lust loathing and rage sings their praise as they weep for his absence through this maze of apathy this sage soldiers on gallantly through the storm
gracefully, forcefully, valiantly, I think he's rubbing off on me
this damned elusive Morrissey
Damien Dempsey 2014
- You Are The Quarry Tour
- Songs To Save Your Life
- Songs To Save Your Life: CD compiled by Morrissey - release information (July 12, 2004)
- New releases on Attack Records - release information (October 11, 2004)
- Tour Of Refusal 2009 Pre-show Tracks
- Morrissey's favourite 13 albums of all time (2010)
- Morrissey's most revered singers - true-to-you.net (January 1, 2014)
- World Peace Is None Of Your Business Tour
- Manchester, England 2016-08-20 (Morrissey concert)
- Dublin, Ireland 2023-07-15 (Morrissey concert)
Irish singer and songwriter born in Donaghmede, Dublin in 1975.
Damien Dempsey (born 9 June 1975) is an Irish singer and songwriter who mixes traditional Irish folk contemporary lyrics that deliver social and political commentaries on Irish society. Damien sings in his native, working class accent in the English language, and to a lesser extent in the Irish language.