- Morrissey Missed The Bus - Q Magazine (November 2001)
- World Peace Is None Of Your Business Tour 2014-2017 Pre-show Tracks
British indie rock band formed in 1991 by Wolverhampton-born Tjinder Singh (singer, songwriter, and guitar), his brother Avtar Singh (bass guitar, vocals), David Chambers (drums) and Ben Ayres (guitar, keyboards, and tamboura).
Cornershop are an English indie rock band best known for their single "Brimful of Asha", originally released in 1997 and, in a remixed version, topping the UK chart in 1998. The band was formed in 1991 by Wolverhampton-born Tjinder Singh (singer, songwriter, and guitar), his brother Avtar Singh (bass guitar, vocals), David Chambers (drums) and Ben Ayres (guitar, keyboards, and tamboura), the first three having previously been members of Preston-based band General Havoc, who released one single (the Fast Jaspal EP) in 1991. The band name originated from a stereotype referring to British Asians often owning corner shops. Their music is a fusion of Indian music, indie rock, alternative and electronic dance music.
Related Forum Threads
- Moz asked Cornershop if he could join them on stage! - Morrissey-solo (Aug 25, 2009)
- Morrissey and Cornershop - Morrissey-solo (Sep 20, 2018)
- Interview with Cornershop's Tjinder Singh reflects on Morrissey protest - Morrissey-solo (Mar 01, 2020)
- NME+Cornershop - they wouldnt would they? Eh yeh they would - Morrissey-solo (Mar 07, 2020)
- Cornershop tweet - Morrissey-solo (Aug 22, 2021)