The Morrissey-solo Wiki is a continual work in progress, most of the data still needs to be populated. See the To Do page if you want to help.
Break Up The Family
|Name||Break Up The Family|
The strange logic in your clumsiest line It stayed emblazoned on my mind You say: "Break up the family And lets begin to live our lives I want to see all my friends tonight"
It wasn't Youth, it wasn't Life Born Old, sadly wise Resigned, well, we were To ending our lives
I'm so glad to grow older To move away from those awful times "I want to see all my friends tonight"
Yes, you found love, but you weren't At peace with your life Home late, full of Hate Despise the ties that bind
Oh, I'm so glad to grow older To move away from those younger years I'm in love for the first time And I don't feel bad
"Let me see all my old friends Let me put my arms around them Because I really do love them Now, does that sound mad?"
Captain of games, solid framed I stood on the touchline Hailstones, driven home In a car - no brakes? I don't mind...
I'm so glad to grow older To move away from those darker years I'm in love for the first time And I don't feel bad
So wish me luck my friends, goodbye So wish me luck again, goodbye Wish me luck again goodbye... Wish me luck again goodbye...
Play count (Morrissey concert): 80
Morrissey live history:
- Athens, Greece 1999-11-06 (Morrissey concert)
- Austin, Texas 2019-09-20 (Morrissey concert)
- Aylesbury, England 1999-12-06 (Morrissey concert)
- Belfast, Northern Ireland 1999-11-25 (Morrissey concert)
- Berlin, Germany 1999-10-19 (Morrissey concert)
- Boston, Massachusetts 2000-02-19 (Morrissey concert)
- Boston, Massachusetts 2000-02-20 (Morrissey concert)
- Bremen, Germany 1999-10-16 (Morrissey concert)
- Buenos Aires, Argentina 2000-03-30 (Morrissey concert)
- Buenos Aires, Argentina 2018-12-07 (Morrissey concert)
Related Forum Threads
- Morrissey A-Z: "Break up the Family" - Morrissey-solo (Feb 06, 2021)