The Morrissey-solo Wiki is a continual work in progress, most of the data still needs to be populated. See the To Do page if you want to help.
|THE SMITHS Compilation Album|
|Release||17 August 1992|
|Producer||Morrissey, Johnny Marr, John Porter|
|Art work||Photo "Biker Couple" by Dennis Hopper (1961)|
US release cover star: Richard Davalos
Sire Records (US)
|Chart position||UK #1|
|Compilation Album chronology|
| Louder Than Bombs|
UK & Europe [WEA 4509-90327-2], US [Sire 9 45042-2]
- This Charming Man – 2:41 (Morrissey/Marr)
- William, It Was Really Nothing – 2:10 (Morrissey/Marr)
- What Difference Does It Make? – 3:50 (Morrissey/Marr)
- Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before – 3:33 (Morrissey/Marr)
- Girlfriend In A Coma – 2:02 (Morrissey/Marr)
- Half A Person – 3:35 (Morrissey/Marr)
- Rubber Ring – 3:46 (Morrissey/Marr)
- How Soon Is Now? – 6:43 (Morrissey/Marr)
- Hand In Glove – 3:21 (Morrissey/Marr)
- Shoplifters Of The World Unite – 2:57 (Morrissey/Marr)
- Sheila Take A Bow – 2:41 (Morrissey/Marr)
- Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others – 3:14 (Morrissey/Marr)
- Panic – 2:19 (Morrissey/Marr)
- Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want – 1:50 (Morrissey/Marr)
- Layout, Design - Greg Jakobek
- Photography By - Dennis Hopper (2)
- Producer - John Porter
- Producer - Johnny Marr
- Producer - Morrissey
- Written-By - Johnny Marr
- Written-By - Morrissey
This compilation ℗ 1992 Warner Music UK Ltd. © 1992 Warner Music UK Ltd. Made in Germany by Warner Music Manufacturing Europe. A Time Warner Company.
Includes a 12-page lyric booklet.
- Best ...I - Discogs master release: https://www.discogs.com/master/3965
- Best ...I (Compilation) - Discogs release: https://www.discogs.com/release/382587-The-Smiths-Best-I
Discogs information (additional release)
© 1992. ℗ 1983, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1992.
Made in U.S.A.
- Best... I (Compilation) - Discogs release: https://www.discogs.com/release/18155659-The-Smiths-Best-I
Best... I is a compilation album by The Smiths. It was released in August 1992 by the new owner of their back catalogue, WEA (Sire Records in the United States). Its highest British chart position was #1; it reached No. 139 on the U.S. charts. Warner UK used a photograph taken by actor Dennis Hopper titled “Biker Couple, 1961” (top photo) for the artwork of the two 1992 “Best of” compilation’s by The Smiths.