The Morrissey-solo Wiki is a continual work in progress, most of the data still needs to be populated. See the To Do page if you want to help.
Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together
|Name||Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together|
Recording for Viva Hate commenced at The Wool Hall studios in Bath, England in early October and would last until late December. Street recruited Durutti Column guitarist Vini Reilly and session drummer Andrew Paresi to back Morrissey, with Street himself taking over bass duties.
Viva Hate was was released on 14 March 1988 by HMV Records and debuted at #1 on the UK charts.
EMI, in celebration of their 100th anniversary, released a special edition of Viva Hate in the UK in 1997. In addition to featuring brand new artwork, including a new cover shot by Eamonn McCabe, the Centenary Edition features 8 bonus tracks — only one of which was contemporaneous with the album. Surprisingly, "Hairdresser On Fire" does not appear on this version despite originally appearing on the North American version of the album as a bonus track.
On 02 April 2012, a newly remastered special edition of Viva Hate, supervised by Stephen Street, was released. Controversially, Morrissey chose to omit one of the album's original tracks, "The Ordinary Boys," and include the session demo "Treat Me Like A Human Being." In addition to the track list changes, the intro and extended fadeout of "Late Night, Maudlin Street" has been edited. The original album artwork was restored for this release, however, the typeface font on the front cover has been changed, as was the case with the 2011 Bona Drag remaster.
Don't take your life tonight...
I know they take and that they take in turn And they give you nothing real for yourself in return But when they've used you and they've broken you And wasted all your money and cast your shell aside And when they've bought you and they've sold you And they've billed you for the pleasure and they've made your parents cry
I will be here OH, BELIEVE ME I will be here ...Believe me
Angel, don't take your life Some people have got no pride They do not understand the urgency of life But I love you more than life I love you more than life I love you more than life I love you more than life
- Morrissey - Vocals
- Vini Reilly - Guitars, Keyboards
- Stephen Street - Bass guitar, guitars
- Andrew Paresi - Drums
- John Metcalfe - Viola
- Fenella Barton - Violin
- Mark Davies - Cello
- Richard Koster - Violin
- Robert Wollard - Cello
- Rachel Maguire - Cello
- Producer - Stephen Street
- Assistant Engineer - Steve Williams
- Art co-ordination - Jo Slee
- Layout - Caryn Gough
- Photography - Anton Corbijn
- Photography - Steve Wright
Play count (Morrissey concert): 44
Morrissey live history:
- Auckland, New Zealand 1991-09-08 (Morrissey concert)
- Baltimore, Maryland 1991-07-08 (Morrissey concert)
- Blackburn, England 1991-07-26 (Morrissey concert)
- Bournemouth, England 1991-10-06 (Morrissey concert)
- Brighton, England 1991-07-22 (Morrissey concert)
- Brisbane, Australia 1991-09-11 (Morrissey concert)
- Chicago, Illinois 1991-06-25 (Morrissey concert)
- Cincinnati, Ohio 1991-06-27 (Morrissey concert)
- Dallas, Texas 1991-06-17 (Morrissey concert)
- Detroit, Michigan 1991-06-26 (Morrissey concert)
Related Forum Threads
- Morrissey A-Z: "Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together" - Morrissey-solo (Jan 19, 2021)