The Morrissey-solo Wiki is a continual work in progress, most of the data still needs to be populated. See the To Do page if you want to help.
Difference between revisions of "The Bullfighter Dies (single)"
(link to next single)
|(3 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
|Line 95:||Line 95:|
|Line 111:||Line 111:|
Revision as of 20:40, 29 May 2021
|Name||The Bullfighter Dies|
|Release||17 June 2014 (Digital Download)|
|Chart position||UK - did not chart|
Earth Is The Loneliest Planet|
The Bullfighter Dies
→Kiss Me A Lot
Morrissey began the recording of World Peace Is None Of Your Business on 1 February 2014 in France with producer Joe Chiccarelli. On 7 March 2014 it was announced that the forthcoming album was finished and provisionally set for a late June/early July release through the Harvest Records label.
The Bullfighter Dies was released as a digital single on 17 June 2014.
It was included on a limited edition 4-track white label 10" EP released 07 July 2014.
The Bullfighter Dies / single - post on true-to-you.net (08 Jan 2015)
The 45 pictured below was scheduled for global release by Harvest, but scrapped by Steve Barnett at the last minute. The b-side was the original French mix of the song One of Our Own.
Note: "Scandinavia" (French mix) is listed as the b-side on the included image, which matches the listing of the aborted releases on Amazon.fr.  The other supposed vinyl singles included "Istanbul", "Kiss Me A Lot" and "Neal Cassady Drops Dead", featuring French mixes of "Smiler With Knife" and "Art-hounds", along with the aforementioned "Scandinavia".
Mad in Madrid
ill in Seville lonely in Barcelona then someone told you and you cheered "Hooray, hooray the bullfighter dies hooray, hooray the bullfighter dies and nobody cries because we all want the bull to survive"
Gaga in Malaga no mercy in Murcia mental in Valencia then someone tells you and you cheer "hooray, hooray the bullfighter dies hooray, hooray the bullfighter dies and nobody cries because we all want the bull to survive."
- Morrissey - Vocals
- Boz Boorer - Guitars, QChord, clarinet, sax
- Jesse Tobias - Guitars
- Solomon Walker - Bass guitar
- Matt Walker - Drums, tubular bells, percussion
- Gustavo Manzur - Keyboards, piano, organ, synths, trumpet, accordion, flamenco guitar, didgeridoo, QChord, backing vocals
- Kristeen Young - Backing vocals
- Christophe Minck - Harp
- Producer - Joe Chiccarelli
- Directed by Natalie Johns
Play count (Morrissey concert): 217
Morrissey live history:
- Aberdeen, Scotland 2018-02-16 (Morrissey concert)
- Adelaide, Australia 2016-10-26 (Morrissey concert)
- Akron, Ohio 2015-06-29 (Morrissey concert)
- Albuquerque, New Mexico 2014-05-14 (Morrissey concert)
- Antwerp, Belgium 2014-11-27 (Morrissey concert)
- Asunción, Paraguay 2015-12-06 (Morrissey concert)
- Athens, Greece 2014-12-15 (Morrissey concert)
- Atlanta, Georgia 2015-06-13 (Morrissey concert)
- Austin, Texas 2014-05-24 (Morrissey concert)
- Austin, Texas 2019-09-20 (Morrissey concert)
- www.thesmithschile.cl. (2014-07-01). "World Peace Is None Your Business" [10 Inch Vinyl Indie Exclusive] 4 track EP released (July 7, 2014). Morrissey-solo. Retrieved from morrissey-solo.com.
- Morran. (2015-01-08). "TTY: The Bullfighter Dies - single. Morrissey-solo. Retrieved from morrissey-solo.com.
Release in plastic sleeve with album artwork picture insert.
- The Bullfighter Dies - Discogs master release: https://www.discogs.com/master/1397026
- The Bullfighter Dies (Promo) - Discogs release: https://www.discogs.com/Morrissey-The-Bullfighter-Dies/release/14748574
"The Bullfighter Dies" is a song by English singer Morrissey. It is the seventh track on his World Peace Is None of Your Business album and was released as the fourth single off the album via digital download on 17 June 2014, through Harvest and Capitol Records. On 8 January 2015, Morrissey advised fans that a 45 of "The Bullfighter Dies" was scheduled for a global release by Harvest, but was scrapped by Steve Barnett at the last minute. The B-side was to be the original French mix of the song "One of Our Own".Due to changes in global music consumption, the physical versions of the first four singles from this album were released together as one 10" vinyl.
Related Forum Threads
- Morrissey A-Z: "The Bullfighter Dies" - Morrissey-solo (Feb 08, 2021)