The Morrissey-solo Wiki is a continual work in progress, most of the data still needs to be populated. See the To Do page if you want to help.
|Pages||457 (UK Paperback)|
368 (UK Special Hardback Edition)
464 (US Hardback)
|Release||17 October 2013 (UK Paperback)|
5 December 2013 (UK Special Hardback Edition)
3 December 2013 (US Hardback)
G.P. Putnam's Sons (US Hardback)
|ISBN||9780141394817 (UK Paperback)|
9780141395081 (UK Special Edition Hardback)
9780399171543 (US Hardback)
A decade in the making, Morrissey finally released his autobiography in 2013. It was an immediate #1 UK bestseller and remained on the UK bestseller list for weeks, with record-breaking sales. Controversy arose around the choice of publisher (Penguin Classics) and around the fact that the two editions after the original omitted information about Morrissey's relationship with Jake Walters. The UK special hardback edition is printed in full color and contains includes new images chosen by Morrissey and a full discography of his work. An audiobook edition read by actor David Morrissey was also released on CD and digital on the same day as the aforementioned edition.
- "Autobiography" by Morrissey released (Oct 17, 2013 - UK and Europe) - Morrissey-solo (Oct. 16, 2013)
- Essay by Morrissey published in Tate St Ives book - release information (March 15, 2010)
- Press release: Autobiography - release information (October 3, 2013)
- Morrissey's Autobiography published today - release information (October 17, 2013)
- Executive Producer - Patti Pirooz
- Producer - Ravina Bajwa
- Read By - David Morrissey (2)
Steven Patrick Morrissey was born in Manchester on May 22nd 1959. Singer-songwriter and co-founder of the Smiths (1982-1987), Morrissey has been a solo artist for twenty-six years, during which time he has had three number 1 albums in England in three different decades. Achieving eleven Top 10 albums (plus nine with the Smiths), his songs have been recorded by David Bowie, Nancy Sinatra, Marianne Faithfull, Chrissie Hynde, Thelma Houston, My Chemical Romance and Christy Moore, amongst others. An animal protectionist, in 2006 Morrissey was voted the second greatest living British icon by viewers of the BBC, losing out to Sir David Attenborough. In 2007 Morrissey was voted the greatest northern male, past or present, in a nationwide newspaper poll. In 2012, Morrissey was awarded the Keys to the City of Tel-Aviv. It has been said 'Most pop stars have to be dead before they reach the iconic status that Morrissey has reached in his lifetime.
David Morrissey is one of the most versatile actors of his generation. He is also a screenwriter and director.
Unabridged. Total playing time: approximately 13 hours.
- Autobiography - Discogs master release: https://www.discogs.com/master/
- Autobiography () - Discogs release: https://www.discogs.com/release/9456233-Morrissey-Read-By-David-Morrissey-Autobiography
Autobiography is a book by the British singer-songwriter Morrissey, published in October 2013. Controversially, it was published under the Penguin Classics imprint. It was a number one best-seller in the UK and received polarised reviews, with certain reviewers hailing it as brilliant writing and others decrying it as overwrought and self-indulgent.
Related Forum Threads
- Morrissey's "Autobiography" has entered the UK book chart at number 1 - TTY - Morrissey-solo (Oct 22, 2013)