Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

To quote I.R

Heaven knows I am ecstatic now...

And also now very poor :(

The Smiths - There is a Light That Never Goes Out French 7", first edition (and in my humble opinion the better looking)

This is my fav Smiths release, it's been a long wait, but think it was worth it, it is in gorgeous condition. :D

Aww, very nice Eils

Finally, after years of being out bid and being dipped of $125.00 last year that I never saw again. I am finally proud to present this photo. The CD that has eluded me for two years.

100_0451.jpg
:D

Finally, after years of being out bid and being dipped of $125.00 last year that I never saw again. I am finally proud to present this photo. The CD that has eluded me for two years.

Very nice Roky, well done!
There appear to be a fair few of these knocking about at the moment for some reason.
I got one last week, you got one, Dave got one the other day and there are a couple listed on ebay at the moment I think.
It's quite odd because you don't see it very often and suddenly a few of them pop up at once.

Strange world...

Hi I.R.

But this happens a lot on ebay, something sells for a reasonable amount and then other people think, "hang on, I've got one of them, I hadn't realised that it was worth that much, I think I'll sell my copy as well"?

Still a good buy Roky :thumb:

There appear to be a fair few of these knocking about at the moment for some reason.
I got one last week, you got one, Dave got one the other day and there are a couple listed on ebay at the moment I think.
It's quite odd because you don't see it very often and suddenly a few of them pop up at once.

Strange world...

Huge thanks to IR for pointing it out to me... only a 24hr listing... picked it up for a song :thumb:

Unlike IR and Roky, I'm still waiting for mine :(

Dave

Huge thanks to IR for pointing it out to me... only a 24hr listing... picked it up for a song :thumb:

Dave

I hope you do receive it Dave, I got mine from the same guy and he was true to his word.

Can you believe one sold for only £68 today? Unbelievable!

100_0451.jpg
:D

Did you buy it on Ebay?
There was an item like that on Ebay hours ago

Strange world...

I know what you mean IR, as soon as I bought mine, there was around 3 or 4 that popped up on ebay. I had been checking ebay for the past two years and like three or four came up and I got outbid all the time. I won one, and I paid $125.00 and got ripped. No reply, no phone number, no nothing.

Did you buy it on Ebay?
There was an item like that on Ebay hours ago
Hey Raphael, I got mine off Discogs for a good price.

Dave

Hi Dave, where is yours coming from? It will be worth the wait when you get it. I have been after this disc, for what seems like forever.
I hope you stare at it as long as I did when it comes in.:thumb:

DSC06574.jpg
MIM Canadian with 'four soldiers' artwork; Singles Canadian with 'The Smiths' in white instead of orange (still available supercheap here); EDILS reissue promo (went for 99p because listed as 'Morrisey').

£11 altogether with postage :)

[mbatey]

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
View attachment 11575
MIM Canadian with 'four soldiers' artwork; Singles Canadian with 'The Smiths' in white instead of orange (still available supercheap here); EDILS reissue promo (went for 99p because listed as 'Morrisey').

£11 altogether with postage :)

[mbatey]

I love getting bargains on Ebay because of the misspelled name.:thumb:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I know Raphael,
It is one of my favorite covers.

A real good mail day yesterday.

Smiths – Barbarism Begins At Home. 1985 12”. This is Scott Piering's copy.

1 –SIDED TEST PRESSING. Not the regular ‘Viv Nicholson’ 1-SIDED 12” single, but the TEST PRESSSING for the 1-SIDED 12”. In Plain white oversleeve in a very thick black die cut sleeve with open hole, with a thick white solid over sleeve.

Side A -Full album version - RTT-171-A "These Are The Good Times" LYN-15482-1c . Z
Side B - Test Tones- LYN 3507-4CR LCP- 2114-1A MAX
The photos aren't that great because there is not much to show.

bar3.jpgbar1.jpgbar2.jpg100_0474.jpg

Last edited:
Also yesterday I got

The Smiths "Rank" UK WHITE LABEL TEST PRESSING LP + POSTCARD + OFFICIAL PROMO WINDOW STICKER/ DECAL.

ROUGH. 126 A1. "Peepholism".
ROUGH. 126 B1 TY1

It would of been nice to have the promo stand and poster but this will due.

The postcard is really nice. No creases or dents. The reversed sticker is kind of hard to see with a photograph, but it is in great condition to although it is folded to fit in the sleeve. It says "Just when you thought it was safe to buy the bootleg"

rank.jpgstick2.jpgstick1.jpg

I also got these as well.

The Smiths "Barbarism Begins At Home" Australia CD5 [Festival D1078]

The Smiths "The Headmaster Ritual" Australia CD5 [Festival D1079]

They are both in great condition.

aussi front.jpgaussi open.jpgaussi back.jpg

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom