Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

This arrived in the post and unfortunately it appears to be missing part of the disc 2 inlay. Certainly when I compare it to the one on Flax's excellent web page. It looks like some one has removed the bottom half of the inlay for whatever reason. I am not amused, but as it only cost me £37 and appears to be a genuine copy, watermarked, two extra tracks, numbered (#37) and named recipient etc, I shall probably keep it and look to replace it with a better copy. Unless some one else's copy is also like mine?

received today from biggoof009:
P1110431.jpg

the old guard - the bbc tapes 1983-1986 [#27/100]
(which after seeing that brando cover, feels like a rip-off)

This arrived in the post and unfortunately it appears to be missing part of the disc 2 inlay. Certainly when I compare it to the one on Flax's excellent web page. It looks like some one has removed the bottom half of the inlay for whatever reason. I am not amused, but as it only cost me £37 and appears to be a genuine copy, watermarked, two extra tracks, numbered (#37) and named recipient etc, I shall probably keep it and look to replace it with a better copy. Unless some one else's copy is also like mine?

Strange - I've checked mine it looks like the one on Flax's site - price was good but they should have told you about that.

My friend, make sure you're lucky. Either way it's good item.

Pretty sure they're two different records.
I'd be stoked to have a colored/numbered copy. You picky bastard.

Motorway, you must not have seen my post/been paying attention to when I was offering MY copy for sale, or trade? I posted here, I had 2 copies(Both low numbers and both colored vinyl)........I sold mine to a happy home. I guess you missed out.

I bet i can get the other one too(Brando cover)...Ill check it out and get back to you. Just thought of something, My buddy Abrahan said he didnt understand why they didnt release the record as a 2 record/lp set? maybe the "Brando Cover" lp, IS the 2nd part of the set?

Abrahan, no worries my friend, im glad you like it. You're my boy......enjoy it.

Would anyone be interested in trading for a copy, should I find one(Brando lp)?

Last edited:
Motorway, you must not have seen my post/been paying attention to when I was offering MY copy for sale, or trade? I posted here, I had 2 copies(Both low numbers and both colored vinyl)........I sold mine to a happy home. I guess you missed out.

I bet i can get the other one too(Brando cover)...Ill check it out and get back to you. Just thought of something, My buddy Abrahan said he didnt understand why they didnt release the record as a 2 record/lp set? maybe the "Brando Cover" lp, IS the 2nd part of the set?

Abrahan, no worries my friend, im glad you like it. You're my boy......enjoy it.

Would anyone be interested in trading for a copy, should I find one(Brando lp)?

I'm happy with the copy I got. I was just giving Abrahan a hard time.
I'd be interested in a Brando cover if I don't find one for myself soon.

Beethoven Greece LP:) And two Moz Jukebox 7"s!

Arrived today all the way from Canada:

The Smiths - Meat is Murder Canadian cassette
The Smiths - Hatful of Hollow Canadian Cassette

Morrissey - That's How People Grow Up US cd-r promo (M1)

Thank Roger :thumb:

Kewpie, show us your collection. I'm really curious to know it. And I'm not being ironic.

Sadly many items had been lost in 2007.

I'm not a collector, my stuff isn't special except one item (Morrissey's gold lame shirt which he wore at September 1991 Yokohama gig) which has been lost.

Alma Matters - German CD in card sleeve (the seller kindly included the Sat Night & Sun Morning and Taste Of Honey DVDs as 'extras', really nice gesture)
The More You Ignore Me... - Mispressed UK promo CD
The Smiths - Debut LP songbook
You Are The Quarry - Promo poster

Sadly many items had been lost in 2007.

I'm not a collector, my stuff isn't special except one item (Morrissey's gold lame shirt which he wore at September 1991 Yokohama gig) which has been lost.

What happened to your stuff Kewpie? was it stolen? burnt in a fire?
very sad you no longer have the lame shirt

Alma Matters - German CD in card sleeve (the seller kindly included the Sat Night & Sun Morning and Taste Of Honey DVDs as 'extras', really nice gesture)
The More You Ignore Me... - Mispressed UK promo CD
The Smiths - Debut LP songbook
You Are The Quarry - Promo poster
Hi IR,
Is your German "Alma" the 2 track one? I have been looking for one of those for at least a year. Where did you get yours? If it was Ebay, did you got to Ebay.com, Ebay.co.uk and search worldwide or did you go to German Ebay?
I am glad we got the "Ignore Me" mis press cleared. Mine is like yours.
You got some great items.
Take care
Roky

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom