Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

The Queen Is Dead - original Aussie vinyl on RTANZ in excellent condition for £11 including postage from Oz

Different version of Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others, standard sleeve (not gatefold), different inner sleeve and different (darker) shade of green on outer sleeve.

Wonderful addition to my collection...

Wow Warren, I have never seen that black First Of The Gang variation before, any difference in disc design or cat no?

Hi Mikael,No the disc is exactly the same,it was a surprise to me as well,I bought it without seeing the pic as I don't have the 'First Of The Gang' issue,they were only £11 each as well.

Some great buys there Warren, that black FOTGTD is a complete surprise, that's the first one I've ever seen., it looks great and at a bargain price.

This thread makes me jealous...I need to do more collecting! I recently purchased a Kill Uncle poster on ebay, I'm excited, it's so pretty. :)

Some great buys there Warren, that black FOTGTD is a complete surprise, that's the first one I've ever seen., it looks great and at a bargain price.

Hi Everyday,
Yes a total surprise to me as well,I was a bit 'iffy' putting the pic up as I'd never heard of or seen it and was a little bit dubious about it,but it appears totally genuine with the same cd as the others,btw the rear of the sleeve has a plain black square with the white border as the front has.

Hi Everyday,
Yes a total surprise to me as well,I was a bit 'iffy' putting the pic up as I'd never heard of or seen it and was a little bit dubious about it,but it appears totally genuine with the same cd as the others,btw the rear of the sleeve has a plain black square with the white border as the front has.

i want one :blushing:

Not as much as I do ;-)

Warren, you are getting quite a collection. Did you ever find out whether your live Meat is Murder 12" test pressing was genuine?

Never had it officially declared genuine,although I'm 99% sure it is,I keep checking on those that sell on Ebay and Popsike results in case there's any real differences,hopefully one day I can say it's 100%:)

Never had it officially declared genuine,although I'm 99% sure it is,I keep checking on those that sell on Ebay and Popsike results in case there's any real differences,hopefully one day I can say it's 100%:)

Did you buy the one that was recently on ebay, from somebody in Australia?

Grrrrr!

Got to the computer about 30 secs too late for this...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=250444478613

Someone got a good deal there :mad:

Dave

Not bad, but the CD has some "surface marks"... Since there is no picture, it could be 2 little unnoticeable lines or something like this

scratchedcd.jpg

I bought the Youngest Was The Most Loved 1-track promo cd a while ago and the guy said on the listing that it had some "light surface marks that do no affect playing". Yeah right... light my ass.

Whenever I see things that "play perfectly, despite the scratches" my brains translates this into: "I looks like hell, but you can dare play it if you want". Besides, it's a promo. It's not like we're gonna play it anyway.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
you never have any luck, Flax :D

first the snapped vinyl, now this.. :p

hahaha well
the guy that sent me that insane vinyl didn't even argue... full refund. So it's all good there.

Overall, I've been very lucky on ebay though... So far, the only items that came in bad condition were the Youngest CD, the Headmaster 12" US Promo (the one that came broken in half), and a Meat Is Murder LP, that looked like somebody had too much to drink and threw up on the cover, like this:
vomit.gif

But that's it... Everything else I bought has been very good

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom