Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

Hi Stoned, was that the one from ebay? I guess you made them an offer they were happy to accept :D[/QUOTE]

Hi Everyday, yes that's the one. I was not too keen on it first, my first offer not accepted , asked the guy how much and that was it . Such a promo does not come up that often nowadays, knew I would have regretted in time to come:rolleyes:
Cheers Moz

Bleeker Street Records is the closest I've ever seen to a decent collection of Smiths 12 Inch singles. They were all quite pricey around $50 a pop.

I once asked a girl at Generation Records if they had any Smiths vinyl and she said..no, why would anyone want to give that stuff up..

Don't expect to find any moz/smiths rarities in any of these stores though...

many thnx for the record store lists you guys.
i doubt i will even be doing any vinyl shopping but its better to know than to not.
i pretty much have everything i need/want.

did receive this in the mail today:
P1110587.jpg

Arrived today from the States.

Nancy Sinatra - Let Me Kiss You US cd promo with moz sleeve. I've been after one of these for ages, unfortunately the bottom right corner has got damaged in the post which made me curse for quite some time :mad: Now I've calmed down (a bit) I'll put it down to bad luck and keep an eye out for another copy.

Arrived today from the States.

Nancy Sinatra - Let Me Kiss You US cd promo with moz sleeve. I've been after one of these for ages, unfortunately the bottom right corner has got damaged in the post which made me curse for quite some time :mad: Now I've calmed down (a bit) I'll put it down to bad luck and keep an eye out for another copy.

A couple of months ago I got Jack The Ripper promo cd broken in the post , as if it had been cut in two with a sharp knife....thank God it was the only and hope last time:mad:
Cheers Moz

Hi Stoned, that's more annoying then my disappointing parcel, at least I can sell mine on (obviously at a reduced price) after I find another copy. Your Jack the Ripper became worthless. I hope you got your money back?

I'm having a bit of bad luck with the postal service to and from the States at the mo. I've also sent out two parcel to the States, one was sent over 2 weeks ago and the another 10 days ago and neither have turned up yet and normally it takes about 6 -7 days for parcels to arrive.

Hulmerist/The Malady Lingers On 2 Dvd Box Set
Cheers Moz

Hi nice buy Abrahan, I love that promo, it is def. one of my favourite Smiths goodies.

I received this today:

The Smiths - Stop Me German 12", white vinyl. It's in a beautiful condition and only cost me £21 so I'm well happy :D

slightly off-topic but i wanted to make sure Flax saw this:

spotted this in NYC:
endless.jpg

:)

3cf16147.jpg

^^Finally.
6c21d3bd.jpg

eaab220a.jpg

e1003d82.jpg

The wallet is great except that the leather inside is so thick that it bends my cards, and if I were to sit on them they'd most likely crack. Looks like this won't get any use. Ordered form the UK, mailed from Mexico, took close to a month to get here.

A very special thank you to everydayislikesunday for the Pink Lettering LMKY promo. It came in the mail yesterday. Thank you sir:thumb:
100_0433.jpg

I forget, isn't there one that has three or four tracks with a different, kinda golden cover that has a small picture of "You Are The Quarry" on it?

A very special thank you to everydayislikesunday for the Pink Lettering LMKY promo. It came in the mail yesterday. Thank you sir:thumb:
100_0433.jpg

I forget, isn't there one that has three or four tracks with a different, kinda golden cover that has a small picture of "You Are The Quarry" on it?

I have a set of three that look exactly like that. Nice :thumb:

From Passions:
Finally the other promo (scan needed) was produced in very limited numbers. It features the four songs appearing on the different formats listed above, and is numbered ATKPX008X. The cd has a white label with text, and the insert shows a closeup of the wooden wall behind Morrissey, with credits and a small image of the artwork from the "You Are The Quarry" album.​

From this, it sounds like it looks like the front of the fourth promo looks like the back of the first promo http://www.vulgarpicture.com/images/morrissey/hi/2004/hi_2004_letmekissyoucd_promo_2.jpg or the back of the actual CD http://www.vulgarpicture.com/images/morrissey/hi/2004/hi_2004_letmekissyoucd1_2.jpg

But Mikael posted last year that the 4 track has the same artwork as the three track (with the extra track added)

Dave

Thanks for the post Dave. That is what I was thinking it looked like.
Well, the hunt starts for that one now.:eek:

If anyone has the three or four track promo as discussed above they would like to sell, or know where one is, please PM me. :thumb:
Thanks
Roky

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom