Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

DSCN0370.jpg

My copy of 'Unreleased Demos and Instrumentals' arrived today :D

Interesting to see that it is produced by a company in Salford - not a million miles away from where the image on the back cover was taken :thumb:

Dave

"How Soon Is Now" Mispressed Yellow/beige Test Pressing playes "Oscillate Wildly" as B side. (not faulty one)
The matrix numbers are RT 176 A-1U-1-1-1 / RT 176 B-1U-1-1-1
Stamped with the date '18 JAN 1985
100_0398.jpg

Sandie Shaw "Hand In Glove" France 12" [Virgin 80098]
100_0412.jpg

The other side
100_0400.jpg

Sandie Shaw "Hand In Glove" Spain 7" [Nuevos Medios 40094-S]
100_0411.jpg

Australian "Hold On To Your Friends" [EMI Australia 881450-2]
100_0409.jpg

Happy with the mail today...:thumb:

Last edited:
Hi Roky

Cool items, I particularly like the French Hand in Glove. Does this mean you are now collecting Smiths goodies as well? It appeared that before you were only buying Morrissey items? But I may be talking complete rubbish :D

There are so few occasions when you can get away with claiming that Salford is cool... but this is one of them :cool:

Dave
(lived in Salford 93-97)

I think it's always pretty cool (joke), it's why I still find it strange people from America fly all that way just to see SLC.... and if they knew how rough the area was where SLC is, they'd prob think twice about it!

Every now and then I buy those adverts that have been cut out of magazines. This arrived this morning, the a French magazine for the CD "Smiths is Dead" - the image is taken from one of the fight scenes in "Kes" - it's an image that I haven't seen before (other than in the film).

Dave

very nice items.

Isnt the matrix number the one for the mispressed one?

Or have you played it to check :guitar:

:thumb:

Hey Nippon, it is the mispressed one that plays "Oscillate Wildly" instead of "Well I Wonder" I have corrected it now. I forgot to add that in.
Thanks Roky

Hi Roky

Cool items, I particularly like the French Hand in Glove. Does this mean you are now collecting Smiths goodies as well? It appeared that before you were only buying Morrissey items? But I may be talking complete rubbish :D
Hi Everyday, for a while I was just concentrating on all Morrissey stuff and I am always looking for some Moz things I don't have, but I figured now that I have alot of the Morrissey items I was looking for, I will start back on The Smiths items I don't have.
Take care
Roky

My Early Burglary Years promo CD
Record Collector magazine from 2003, featuring an article on The Smiths songwriting influences. Highly recommended if anyone has missed it (as I did!) when originally published.
Comme des Garcons Incense Avignon. A Morrissey item? Not really, but it smells just like the shirt I caught at the Leeds gig last year...simply gorgeous. :D

Arrived over the last couple of days:

Morrissey - Dagenham Dave UK cassette

The smiths - Hatful of Hollow UK Cassette
The smiths - Meat is Murder UK Rough Trade cd album (made in France)
The smiths - Rank UK DAT
The smiths - Sheila Take a Bow Greek 12"
The smiths - Sheila Take a Bow German 12" (blue sleeve), these have been fetching over £80 on fleabay recently and yet I got this one in lovely condition for only £49 so I'm very happy

Arrived over the last couple of days:

Morrissey - Dagenham Dave UK cassette

The smiths - Hatful of Hollow UK Cassette
The smiths - Meat is Murder UK Rough Trade cd album (made in France)The smiths - Rank UK DAT
The smiths - Sheila Take a Bow Greek 12"
The smiths - Sheila Take a Bow German 12" (blue sleeve), these have been fetching over £80 on fleabay recently and yet I got this one in lovely condition for only £49 so I'm very happy

Is your copy like mine - I posted it almost a week ago?

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom