"Your Arsenal" CD+DVD reissue available for pre-order on Amazon (listed date: Feb. 18, 2014)

Irregular Regular posted the link with additional details / sleeve:

Your Arsenal - true-to-you.net

On 24 February 2014, Parlophone Records will release a remaster of Morrissey's 1992 album Your Arsenal on CD, heavyweight gatefold vinyl LP, and digital download formats. The CD format will come with a DVD of Morrissey's 31 October 1991 concert at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California.

your_arsenal_sleeve_artwork.jpg

An anonymous person writes:

Looks like those who predicted a Your Arsenal re-release were right.

Your Arsenal (CD+DVD) - Amazon.com

Curiously, Rhino is listed as the label.

Track Listings

Disc: 1
1. You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side
2. Glamorous Glue
3. We'll Let You Know
4. The National Front Disco
5. Certain People I Know
6. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
7. You're The One For Me, Fatty
8. Seasick, Yet Still Docked
9. I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday
10. Tomorrow (US Mix)*

Disc: 2
1. November Spawned a Monster
2. Alsatian Cousin
3. Our Frank
4. The Loop
5. King Leer
6. Sister I'm A Poet
7. Piccadilly Palare
8. Driving Your Girlfriend Home
9. Interesting Drug
10. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
11. Everyday Is Like Sunday
12. My Love Life
13. Pashernate Love
14. The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
15. Asian Rut
16. Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together
17. Suedehead
18. Disappointed

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "Your Arsenal" CD+DVD reissue available for pre-order on Amazon (listed date: Feb. 18,

A pity that Morrissey didn't decide to release alternate versions of songs off the album or include an unreleased rarity or two instead of a live album.

Alternate versions/mixes would have been nice. Unfortunately, I think the only unreleased song from the sessions was "Fantastic Bird," which obviously was yanked from the tombs to stand out anachronistically on the Southpaw Grammar Deluxe Edition.

Re: Article: "Your Arsenal" CD+DVD reissue available for pre-order on Amazon (listed date: Feb. 18,

Alternate versions/mixes would have been nice. Unfortunately, I think the only unreleased song from the sessions was "Fantastic Bird," which obviously was yanked from the tombs to stand out anachronistically on the Southpaw Grammar Deluxe Edition.

I am firmly against tacking on extra tracks at the end of classic albums, but if he was looking for things to tack on how about Jack the Ripper? Technically I know that postdates Your Arsenal, but it was a b-side from that period and let's face it--should have been an a-side. I don't think the studio version has ever been released on an album right? Just the live version stuck on a bunch of those weird mid-90s compilations?

I am firmly against tacking on extra tracks at the end of classic albums, but if he was looking for things to tack on how about Jack the Ripper? Technically I know that postdates Your Arsenal, but it was a b-side from that period and let's face it--should have been an a-side. I don't think the studio version has ever been released on an album right? Just the live version stuck on a bunch of those weird mid-90s compilations?

The studio version was a bit of an oddity to me the first time I heard it. The production really doesn't feel like anything else the band was doing at the time.

That is one of my fave Moz tracks. Prefer the studio version over the live one. I think I am in the minority with that though. Love to see it on the reissue.

I am firmly against tacking on extra tracks at the end of classic albums,

After the hatchet drops on Margaret on the Guillotine and "Let the right one innnnnnn...." starts on the reissue I always drop whatever I'm doing and scramble to hit stop. :D

That is one of my fave Moz tracks. Prefer the studio version over the live one. I think I am in the minority with that though. Love to see it on the reissue.

I think it's one of everyone's favorite Moz' tracks. Shame it was a b-side. I feel the same way about Sister I'm A Poet.

The thing I really like about the studio version versus all of the live versions is the last verse that seems to always gets omitted. There's something really creepy/haunting about it. "If want to I can stay. Or if I want to I can leave. Nobody knows me Nobody Knows me"

I just find it odd that's it is impossible to get on an album unless you own the singles vinyl box set maybe. Same goes for Pregnant for the Last Time, My Love Life, etc. which while we are discussing things to tack onto Your Arsenal (even though we all agree nothing should be tacked on) those might have been good candidates too. I know they are associated with the Kill Uncle area (but so is the concert DVD he's releasing), but they were some of the first stuff he recorded with that line up so in a lot of ways they were pre-cursors to Your Arsenal. Especially Pregnant for the Last Time.

Plus they're not even available on Spotify and I feel like for such essential Morrissey tracks they should not be so hard to come by.

I think it's one of everyone's favorite Moz' tracks. Shame it was a b-side. I feel the same way about Sister I'm A Poet.

The thing I really like about the studio version versus all of the live versions is the last verse that seems to always gets omitted. There's something really creepy/haunting about it. "If want to I can stay. Or if I want to I can leave. Nobody knows me Nobody Knows me"

I just find it odd that's it is impossible to get on an album unless you own the singles vinyl box set maybe. Same goes for Pregnant for the Last Time, My Love Life, etc. which while we are discussing things to tack onto Your Arsenal (even though we all agree nothing should be tacked on) those might have been good candidates too. I know they are associated with the Kill Uncle area (but so is the concert DVD he's releasing), but they were some of the first stuff he recorded with that line up so in a lot of ways they were pre-cursors to Your Arsenal. Especially Pregnant for the Last Time.

Plus they're not even available on Spotify and I feel like for such essential Morrissey tracks they should not be so hard to come by.

Well nevermind I lied. I just discovered that while My Love Life's album sleeve credits the recording to his then current touring line up this is not true. And Pregnant only has Boz on it from the Your Arsenal line up.

Never mind, never mind.

I wouldn't argue against that.

Yes, spooky and brilliant...

I wouldn't argue against that.

Yes, spooky and brilliant...

That's the version that was used as a B-Side for "Certain People I Know" correct? Or am I wrong.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom