Young the giant

atouchsensitive

Just taken delivery of the debut album of this group, solely on the wholehearted recommendation of Morrissey on his True-To-You site. It is an absolute belter! Best new album I have heard in a long time! It has only just been released in this country (UK). Been playing it all day.
:bow:
Any of you Mozzites out there offer an opinion of this group?

apologies if this has been discussed previously.

Just taken delivery of the debut album of this group, solely on the wholehearted recommendation of Morrissey on his True-To-You site. It is an absolute belter! Best new album I have heard in a long time! It has only just been released in this country (UK). Been playing it all day.
:bow:
Any of you Mozzites out there offer an opinion of this group?

apologies if this has been discussed previously.

Freudian slip?

I thought that was Julia's site?

I really want to get that album. Can't at the moment. Moths in my pocket. :p

They are playing at the MTV Music Awards that is being held tonight somewhere in America.

The album, and Morrissey's endorsement, was slated in the Observer yesterday http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/aug/28/young-the-giant-album-review

As his regard for bands such as the long-forgotten Bradford and the thuggish Cockney Rejects attests, Morrissey has never been the greatest judge of talent. The latest recipients of his praise are Young the Giant, a California five-piece whose derivative indie rock is as tame as much of Mozzer's own recent work. Sometimes they sound like an anaemic Coldplay; at others they're a sweatier version of the Shins. Frontman Sameer Gadhia has a distinctive voice but, aside from the radiant "Apartment", even he can't furnish Young the Giant's debut with a spirit that is unmistakably their own

Dave

the played the song at the vma`s which morrissey also had on his pre gig tape on this tour.

i hear" the killers" influences on that song.

I caught a minute or two of the VMAs live broadcast, and thought The Jonas Brothers were looking very sporty. They'd developed a meatier, throatier sound which I attributed to one or several of them turning 15. It was later, on the repeat broadcast, that I discovered they'd also changed their name to Young The Giant. Rock on.

I caught a minute or two of the VMAs live broadcast, and thought The Jonas Brothers were looking very sporty. They'd developed a meatier, throatier sound which I attributed to one or several of them turning 15. It was later, on the repeat broadcast, that I discovered they'd also changed their name to Young The Giant. Rock on.
:lbf: Young the Giant are certainly not legendary. Not abominable either, they're middle-of-the-road, and I hate that.

Thanks inalovlessworld.

mbr.

[

QUOTE=in_a_loveless_world;1986683596]Now we need the DL for the Unplugged gig :)
I did buy this one on iTunes.[/QUOTE]

Guitarist with Young The Giant was interviewed by ecollegetimes and said this:
Morrissey loves you. Is the feeling mutual?

[laughs] The feeling's mutual. That wasn't something I can really get over. The guy's noted for being a little outlandish. For him to come out with a statement like that toward us is really nice. I'm really flattered and would like to meet the guy and pick his brain although I'll probably just listen to him talk because that's probably all that'd happen. Honestly, it helped us out a lot. [Unintelligible comment about Pitchfork]

Hated by Pitchfork and loved by Morrissey …

Yeah, it's kind of an oxymoron isn't it?
- http://www.ecollegetimes.com/music/young-the-giant-s-baby-steps-lead-to-big-things-1.2701168

I don't know how this stuff works but I kinda wish moz would give them a try at opening for him. Kristeen has been awesome for sure and has seen the world with him, maybe time to let the band that had Morrissey kissing the floor in praise take a shot at it. Maybe it's not that easy to line this shit up.

Back
Top Bottom