Morrissey Central "YOU MUST PLEASE REMEMBER" (March 3, 2021)

You’d like him even less if you were unfortunate enough to see the fawning letter he wrote to Thatcher.
Eric Morecambe had my respect for being a 'Bevin Boy' in the Second World War. It was hard tough work working in the mines.

I find it odd that Eric Morecambe supported Margaret Thatcher considering she closed a lot of the mines and pits in Britain and ruined the British coal industry. There were strong "Trade Unions" in Britain but Margaret Thatcher ruined the Unions. Margaret Thatcher made some damaging changes to the NHS it was never the same after that. Margaret Thatcher had already stopped free milk in schools for older children of junior age. Eric Morecambe was from a humble working-class background in the North of England. I wonder what he thought of the EU? If I remember Eric said something about the EU in the famous letter. Eric Morecambe was a working-class Tory he was quite open about voting Conservative.

Like we did 3 days ago.
Regards,
FWD.
That odious desperation for relevance. Literally no one cares who did what "first" (although since such playground status matters to you, Morrissey and Boz wrote the song "first", and heard the recording "first", before you or anyone here).

And that signature is beyond tedious now: you might occasionally write "Regards" at the end of a letter or email to someone you know, but at the end of every bloody post in an internet forum? Grow up ffs.

I Am Hated For Loving
Hold on to Your Friends
Used to be a Sweet Boy
The Lazy Sunbathers
Billy Budd
Spring Heeled Jim
Speedway

All worse.

Now My Heart Is Full
Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself

Better.
Speedway
Billy Budd
The Lazy Sunbathers

All better than The More Ignore Me.

That odious desperation for relevance. Literally no one cares who did what "first" (although since such playground status matters to you, Morrissey and Boz wrote the song "first", and heard the recording "first", before you or anyone here).

And that signature is beyond tedious now: you might occasionally write "Regards" at the end of a letter or email to someone you know, but at the end of every bloody post in an internet forum? Grow up ffs.
Why don’t you haul your fat, useless, lazy, bone-idle arse off to bed....

Fancy carrying yourself on, like this on a daily basis on here....
It’s all rather embarrassing now ..

Regards......

Think it's not quite clear - it's kind of placed between Arsenal and Vauxhall ("...dreaming of how Vauxhall and I could have sold 27 million copies had the head of Warner warmed to the weave of my sleeve.") in the narrative but he speaks of her first album. That would indicate 1991 but he obviously means her third album (first on Reprise) Jagged Little Pill, which was released in 1995.

Thanks.

For some reason I was thinking that
Sire seeing how well the KU tour did, they thought it might be a good idea to actually promote his next record. Also thought he was talking about Arsenal in Autobiography.

I love that song & video!!!

Also I meant to say Poly Styrene's documentary was on at the Glasgow Film Festival but forgot 😳 - it's now getting a wider release & will be on Sky Arts, for anyone interested.

Up there as one of Moz's best singles.

And the Poly Styrene doc looks great. Mark Kermode - a big Moz fan, of course - gives it a very positive review in his weekly BBC review of new releases - about 3'30'' in:

When do you predict we will see the next Morrissey Album?
I know you don’t care for modern day Moz, but surely you agree that he has been more relevant in the world of music these last 15 years than Alanis?

I know you don’t care for modern day Moz, but surely you agree that he has been more relevant in the world of music these last 15 years than Alanis?
Of course I agree, other than you oughta know, I don't know any other song of hers. As for the modern day Moz, I still like some of his output and have purchased his last 3 albums and other than last years I have still been going to his gigs.

Of course I agree, other than you oughta know, I don't know any other song of hers. As for the modern day Moz, I still like some of his output and have purchased his last 3 albums and other than last years I have still been going to his gigs.
I understand! 👍🏻

I don't think the deserters could have been such big fans anyway, and must have missed the whole gist of Morrissey and The Smiths. It's more a display of their own fickleness than anything else. You can't just give up something you've loved for the good part of your life in order to prove a point.

They're certainly more concerned with their own image than any kind of fairness.

I believe a band member was also shunned irl which is worse.

Someone Else** annoyed me the most because if she admitted one of her political opinions (which she has in private) Twitter would have kicked the hell out of her for it & she may have lost work.

Calling Boris a c**t is easy.

20200721_204040.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kathy Burke annoyed me the most because if she admitted one of her political opinions (which she has in private) Twitter would have kicked the hell out of her for it & she may have lost work.
Ooh you can't dangle that one in front of us and not tell all!

Not another one that was going to flee the country if Labour got in?
To be fair he didn’t threaten that. But he was apparently mesmerised by Thatcher’s agenda.

I do, incidentally, love the three movies Morcambe and Wise made. And Eric’s stage name was surely a respectful and welcome nod to George Formby.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom