Yokohama show cancelled due to "logistical issues" - Creativeman Productions (Oct. 1, 2016)

https://www.creativeman.co.jp/event/morrissey2016/

OCT 1 Sat - KANAGAWA : YOKOHAMA BAYHALL - CANCELED

We are sorry to announce the cancelation of the Morrissey performance at Yokohama Bay Hall on Saturday, October 1st, due to logistical issues.

Your ticket for the show will be refunded during Sunday, October 2nd and Monday, October 17th at point of purchase.

Please contact Creativeman for the refund process.

The show at Osaka, IMP Hall is still scheduled for Sunday Oct 2nd.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this cancelation.

UPDATE 5:20 PM PT:

Posted by Uncleskinny:

My daughter, who has taught English in Japan, has provided this translation of the Japanese text from the Creativeman website.

"Notice of cancellation of performance at Yokohama Bay Hall

We have received notice today from Morrissey that he has judged there to be difficulties with fully providing the staging that the artist himself would wish for. We had been in negotiation with Morrissey in order that we might somehow fulfil his wishes regarding changes to equipment such as the usage of videos and instrumentation, but due to Morrissey's strong desire that the concert cannot take place if everything is not exactly in place, we have been forced to cancel this show. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to all the fans who were looking forward to the concert. We also apologise that this announcement comes at such late notice.
"

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I do understand what you say about fame and that it has become meaningless and I understand your view.
Maybe I am a bit struck in the 19teenth century.
I don't assume you would want to write because of fame.
And if you are happy with your life and everything you do, good for you.
The only one thing I wanted to let you know is that I like your writing and would read your book.
And, whatever age we live in, artistic quality will always be the criterium, whatever artistic hypes and short lived "new" names are buzzing around on social media.
Cheers BrummieBoy.

ah fame fame fatal is fame for those who won't admit to wanting it, and try to cover up that fact by hating others that do have it. ;)

ah fame fame fatal is fame for those who won't admit to wanting it, and try to cover up that fact by hating others that do have it. ;)

Morrissey isn't famous. Get over it. Get over yourself.

Try reading your posts before sending them. Idiot. Your 'is' is redundant. In fact, every word you've ever written is redundant.

'ah fame fame fatal is fame'

M lit a thin green candle to make BB jealous of him ....... ;)

CL 'insightful' :laughing: :rofl: :clap:

Last edited:
M lit a thin green candle to make BB jealous of him ....... ;)

CL 'insightful' :laughing: :rofl: :clap:

But, Ketamine Sun, BB has a point there, a minor one but still. :(
The lyrics (from Mr. Shankly, The Queen Is Dead) are:
Fame, fame, fatal fame
It can play hideous tricks on the brain
BUT, I'd rather be famous than righteous or holy
Any day, any day.

It's sometime ago, maybe he changed his mind, (too late) :straightface:
He is ultra famous amongst those who are aware of his existence. :thumb:

But, Ketamine Sun, BB has a point there, a minor one but still. :(
The lyrics (from Mr. Shankly, The Queen Is Dead) are:
Fame, fame, fatal fame
It can play hideous tricks on the brain
BUT, I'd rather be famous than righteous or holy
Any day, any day.

It's sometime ago, maybe he changed his mind, (too late) :straightface:
He is ultra famous amongst those who are aware of his existence. :thumb:

and what 'point' is that? even if it is a minor one.

and what 'point' is that? even if it is a minor one.

That Morrissey once "stated" in a song he'd rather be famous than righteous or holy. Mind you I don't blame him and he might have changed his mind.
And I am not saying it was his most important drive or goal, cause how would I know? :thumb:

That Morrissey once "stated" in a song he'd rather be famous than righteous or holy. Mind you I don't blame him and he might have changed his mind.
And I am not saying it was his most important drive or goal, cause how would I know? :thumb:

why did you rate my question to you 'off topic' ? I wasn't attacking you, I was trying to understand what you meant in your post, that is all.

And I still don't see that bb has a point at all. My post has nothing to do with the song, I was only using a line from it and playing around with the words. I KNOW what the words are to that song.

My point is... That he's calling me redundant which is a laugh, he's the king of redundancy, how many years has he been posting on this forum and with every post of his it's basically him proclaiming that he's not jealous of M's fame. It's truly laughable.

why did you rate my question to you 'off topic' ? I wasn't attacking you, I was trying to understand what you meant in your post, that is all.

And I still don't see that bb has a point at all. My post has nothing to do with the song, I was only using a line from it and playing around with the words. I KNOW what the words are to that song.

My point is... That he's calling me redundant which is a laugh, he's the king of redundancy, how many years has he been posting on this forum and with every post of his it's basically him proclaiming that he's not jealous of M's fame. It's truly laughable.
For some reason you decided to rate about 15 of my old posts all at once, when I've been ignoring you. I am asking everyone to rate every one of your posts off-topic as long as you make posts about your ratings in every thread and still use the ratings to attempt to harass people.
You are redundant, you are off-topic, and you have become a troll, so it's all true.
I thought you made the big announcement you were leaving? That lasted about three days. No one cared. I suggest you leave for a month and make us all feel really bad. "They'll be sorry," you know, that type of thing.
:crazy::thumb:

Last edited:
For some reason you decided to rate about 15 of my old posts all at once, when I've been ignoring you. I am asking everyone to rate every one of your posts off-topic as long as you make posts about your ratings in every thread and still use the ratings to attempt to harass people.
You are redundant, you are off-topic, and you have become a troll, so it's all true.
I thought you made the big announcement you were leaving? That lasted about three days. No cared. I suggest you leave for a month and make us all feel really bad. "They'll be sorry," you know, that type of thing.
:thumb::crazy:

I did? 15 of your old posts ? and what were those?

No, just now, you logged on, saw that I did rate a few of your posts then you decided to wreak revenge with the below ratings and I in turn followed suit, it seemed you wanted to play games . tit for tat.

you are harassing and threatening me in your above post and with the ratings below,

You are redundant, you are off-topic, and you are the troll, it's all true.

So how does that make you any better?

1. Calamine Lotion
Calamine Lotion rated your post Troll in the thread Morrissey Technical Rider - Summer 2016.
11:05 PM
2. Calamine Lotion
Calamine Lotion rated your post Redundant in the thread Morrissey Technical Rider - Summer 2016.
10:59 PM
3. Calamine Lotion
Calamine Lotion rated your post Redundant in the thread Morrissey Technical Rider - Summer 2016.
4. Calamine Lotion
5. Calamine Lotion
10:58 PM
6. Calamine Lotion
Calamine Lotion rated your post Troll in the thread Morrissey Technical Rider - Summer 2016.
10:58 PM
7. Calamine Lotion
10:57 PM
8. Calamine Lotion
9. Calamine Lotion
10. Calamine Lotion
10:56 PM
11. Calamine Lotion
Calamine Lotion rated your post Off-topic in the thread Morrissey (in the list of names) to be honoured by Manchester's new Walk Of Fame.
10:55 PM
12. Calamine Lotion
Calamine Lotion rated your post Off-topic in the thread Yokohama show cancelled due to "logistical issues" - Creativeman Productions (Oct. 1, 2016).
10:55 PM
13. Calamine Lotion
Calamine Lotion rated your post Troll in the thread Yokohama show cancelled due to "logistical issues" - Creativeman Productions (Oct. 1, 2016).
10:54 PM
14. Calamine Lotion
Calamine Lotion rated your post Off-topic in the thread Signed Morrissey postcard - @logical_love / Twitter.
10:54 PM
15. Calamine Lotion
Calamine Lotion rated your post Troll in the thread Yokohama show cancelled due to "logistical issues" - Creativeman Productions (Oct. 1, 2016).
10:53 PM

+ never said I was definitely leaving, I wouldn't do such a thing to you and Biebs and crew.

Last edited:
I thought you made the big announcement you were leaving? That lasted about three days. No one cared. I suggest you leave for a month and make us all feel really bad. "They'll be sorry," you know, that type of thing.
:crazy::thumb:
Well said. And if I may add, she should take Rifke with her.

Morrissey isn't famous. When will you get that fact into your thick head? Bowie is Famous, as is Madonna, Prince, Elvis, Marley. Particularly Bob Marley as there's nowhere on earth you can go and not hear his music. Morrissey can walk around most cities in the world and nobody would have the slightest clue who he was. If he started singing his most famous songs on a banjo in Bamako, people would assume he was a mentally ill tourist, not anybody 'famous'. He isn't even genuinely famous in the UK, just infamous as a notorious D List troll. He is only 'famous' in the fantasy landscape of his bizarre 'fan' Cult, which this site is the epicentre of. Here, his cult casualties blather on how hard it must be for him to cope with Fame as he hides away in 5 star squalor but he is only famous to them, not to the general public. In other words: MORRISSEY IS NOT FAMOUS! Given the fact he's spent his entire adult life trying to become genuinely famous and has claimed for decades that his failure to do so is due to some vast media and political conspiracy to ignore him it's hardly irrelevant to point to his earliest utterances where he said his fate was 'global, religious Fame' and calmly note that he is a total failure on his own self-declared terms.. He is trapped in an ever-decreasing Cult, trapped in a situation whereby he has to contrive 'adoration' in the first few rows at his shows so he can even face going onstage. When he goes to Japan and salaryman just watches indifferently before catching the bullet train home or going to have some real fun at a local karaoke bar, he cannot cope with the truth of it. I suspect that's why he cancelled this show as The List couldn't afford the air fare to Tokyo and he didn't want footage of him onstage in suburban Tokyo with an audience who only know of him as 'mad Englishman weirdo who hates their Queen'. I choose to see the immense humour in it all. In his mind he should be releasing yellow vinyl 'Live At Budokan' with all the screaming girls going batshit crazy like they did for Pete Burns. Or Cheap Trick, who were genuinely Big In Japan. Morrissey has never been Big In Japan and if you knew anything about the petty rivalries he is immersed in you would know how much that still hurts him. And he has never written a song as simple, moving and profound as this song. Morrissey's epitaph: "You can fool some of the people some of the time...." LOL! Cheap Trick, they fooking ROCK! Saw them at Barbarellas in Brum in 1979, it was epic!

"I want you to want me
I need you to need me
I'd love you to love me
I'm begging you to beg me
I want you to want me
I need you to need me
I'd love you to love me
I'll shine up the old brown shoes
Put on a brand new shirt
I'll get home early from work
If you say that you love me
Didn't I, didn't I, didn't I see you crying?
Oh, didn't I, didn't I, didn't I see you crying?
Feeling all alone without a friend, you know you feel like dying
I want you to want me
I need you to need me
I'd love you to love me
I'll shine up the old brown shoes
Put on a brand-new shirt
I'll get home early from work
If you say that you love me
Didn't I, didn't I, didn't I see you crying?
Feeling all alone without a friend, you know you feel like dying
Feelin' all alone without a friend, you know you feel like dying
I want you to want me
I need you to need me
I'd love you to love me
I want you to want me
I want you to want me
I want you to want me
I want you to want me

I didn't realize I did. Just checked and found out. Changed to interesting. I'm using a 11 inch tablet and I think I must have had thick fingers as the icons are a bit small. :squiffy:

It' s incredible that you received an off-topic rating by me cause I have never given one to anyone. Nor redundant.
As I said before, I like to go off-topic and a lot of my postst are considered as such and redundant by Biebs.
Maybe also by moderators but they've never said anything to me about it, nor did they remove my posts to the off-topic section.

As I like to go off-topic and don't care to be rated as such it would be like using double standards when rating other posts off-topic or redundant.

I think the ratings off-topic and redundant should be removed.
I'd like to think about this site as resembling the Senate during the Roman Empire. :thumb:

Senators were discussing with eachother and by way of excusing for jumping to off-topic issues they used the term "in media res".
Excuse me for going "in media res" they said to each other and it was accepted. I'm thinking about using this in my posts. ;)

But, Ketamine Sun, I get the feeling you are very sensitive about the issue, I understand but why should you, if you know there will always be people who disagree with you, even if it's plain to you you are right? :confused:

Now, on topic: :)
This is about fame.
BrummieBoy said he is not jealous at Moz and doesn't need to be famous. In fact he said some things about fame I totally agree with.

He said it cause I said he is a writer. He interpreted my assumption as if he would strive for fame. But I did not. Fame can be the result of some kind of success. But to me you still can be a great writer without the success and fame. And you still can have a great life and be happy without the fatal fame, as he said so too.
As many people know who are not famous and don't want to be.

Moz once thought that to be famous was MORE desirable than to be righteous or holy as he sang in Mr. Shankly.
Don't know how he thinks about it now.
I believe it to be relevant.
Don't you think so too?
Cheers Ketamine Sun :thumb:

rifke and CL, please stop hijacking the thread, STAY on topic.

If you do not stop, I'll move your post to off-topic.

Thanks.

Just the other day I met a hardcore Japanese Smiths fan whose husband is quite a famous guitarist here (he happens to be friendly with Johnny Marr). She said that there were complaints regarding the Meat is Murder video from the Tokyo Orchard Hall shows -- from whom I don't know -- and that it had something to do with the Yokohama cancellation. It obviously didn't have any effect on the Osaka show. Anyway...

The translation is mostly accurate -- good job (and there's certainly no subterfuge). But some of the wording is a little off.

It's not Morrissey who passed final judgement -- it was Creativeman, through discussions, who reached the conclusion that it would be difficult (i.e. impossible) to meet Morrissey's exact wishes regarding the stage setting. Morrissey in turn made it clear that if his precise specifications weren't met, the show wouldn't go ahead.

The usage of videos and instruments themselves wasn't a concession Creativeman made (doesn't really make sense), but were among the equipment changes they offered to make during the ongoing negotiations. In the end it wasn't enough...

That was me replying to my old thread - failed to log in for some reason.

Just the other day I met a hardcore Japanese Smiths fan whose husband is quite a famous guitarist here (and happens to be friendly with Johnny Marr). She said that there were complaints regarding the Meat is Murder video from the Bunkamura shows.

The translation is mostly accurate -- good job (and there's certainly no subterfuge). But some of the wording is a little off.

It's not Morrissey who passed final judgement -- it was Creativeman, through discussions, who reached the conclusion that it would be difficult (i.e. impossible) to meet Morrissey's exact wishes regarding the stage setting. Morrissey in turn made it clear that if his precise specifications weren't met, the show wouldn't go ahead.

The usage of videos and instruments themselves wasn't a concession Creativeman made (doesn't really make sense), but were among the equipment changes they offered to make during the ongoing negotiations. In the end it wasn't enough...
Just the other day I met a hardcore Japanese Smiths fan whose husband is quite a famous guitarist here (he happens to be friendly with Johnny Marr). She said that there were complaints regarding the Meat is Murder video from the Tokyo Orchard Hall shows -- from whom I don't know -- and that it had something to do with the Yokohama cancellation. It obviously didn't have any effect on the Osaka show. Anyway...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom