Yokohama show cancelled due to "logistical issues" - Creativeman Productions (Oct. 1, 2016)

https://www.creativeman.co.jp/event/morrissey2016/

OCT 1 Sat - KANAGAWA : YOKOHAMA BAYHALL - CANCELED

We are sorry to announce the cancelation of the Morrissey performance at Yokohama Bay Hall on Saturday, October 1st, due to logistical issues.

Your ticket for the show will be refunded during Sunday, October 2nd and Monday, October 17th at point of purchase.

Please contact Creativeman for the refund process.

The show at Osaka, IMP Hall is still scheduled for Sunday Oct 2nd.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this cancelation.

UPDATE 5:20 PM PT:

Posted by Uncleskinny:

My daughter, who has taught English in Japan, has provided this translation of the Japanese text from the Creativeman website.

"Notice of cancellation of performance at Yokohama Bay Hall

We have received notice today from Morrissey that he has judged there to be difficulties with fully providing the staging that the artist himself would wish for. We had been in negotiation with Morrissey in order that we might somehow fulfil his wishes regarding changes to equipment such as the usage of videos and instrumentation, but due to Morrissey's strong desire that the concert cannot take place if everything is not exactly in place, we have been forced to cancel this show. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to all the fans who were looking forward to the concert. We also apologise that this announcement comes at such late notice.
"

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone else cheesed of with this Biebs character dissing everyones comments if they are positive in any way and likes anyones comments when they are negative in any way. Have had contact with David T about it but he doesn't appear to think it a problem?

A cancelation happens and the trolls can't wait to come out masturbate furiously over the news. And of course we are trusting the word of a family member of a person with a grudge against Morrissey, as is dictated in the terms and conditions of being a mod for this site that a grudge must be held because of the David T v Morrissey thing.
Whether it happens exactly the way people are interpreting or not - unless you were personally effected by the cancellations, why the f*** would you even care? You just have to look at the absolute glee some people post with when news like this comes out as proof enough that all they're doing is hanging around to troll.

The scrutiny in which every little thing is picked over that he does is borderline creepy and obsessive. Do people really not read this and go "well, that must really suck for the people who were going to that show" then just move on?
Why not post your garbage over on True to You. Oh, that's right, you can't.

I was there for the second Tokyo show. By the end of the set, it was clear something was up. The encore was fast, stiff, and he looked fed up. It appeared he left the stage in a huff (from what I could tell).

I think the lack of audience response to the videos and his banter got to him. If the American audiences don't give a shit about the royal family, the Japanese are even more out of the loop. ALL of his comments were weird and awkward. Not used to pin drop silence between songs while he bantered away. Yoko Ono? That's all he could think of? That's borderline offensive. Introducing Boz as from Hamamatsu fell flat. His commentary went on for longer than usual each time, maybe trying to get a response from the audience. Very odd to see a performer clearly not understand the audience he was playing to.

Such a weird concert overall. Businessmen on their own still carrying their briefcases catching the show after work looking bored and clearly there just because the poster said he was a famous UK singer with "charisma". Quiet middle aged housewives with their quiet daughters seated the whole time. LOTS of single attendees looking awkward. And lots of checking of phones and a few pokemon collectors. No sing alongs and only light swaying and head bobbing. For what it's worth, I was halfway back on the ground floor near the sound booth, but didn't see much action except at the stage edge and a few pockets of foreigners on the sides. The audience was OBSERVING his performance, not ENJOYING it in a way that he was used to. All the stories about the dead crowd at the Beatles at Budokan must be true. Surreal.

Odd to see a Morrissey show without the hordes of menacing Mexicans that were always present at the L.A. shows I used to go to. Not an issue, just a funny realization that came to mind as I scanned the crowd.

Still a fun show and it was nice to see a changed up setlist. Shirt toss in the first song was a nice experience. Incredibly pleased that he skipped MIM. Voice was great. He sounds 23 again. New versino of First of the Gang is great, but Hard to Walk Tall sounds terrible and really highlights the banality of some of the lyrics when sung so slow.

The crowd got to him. Drama queen as always, he took his ball and went home. Wonder what will happen with Osaka.
There was one sentence in your post that resonated with me. Japanese businessmen with briefcases. Once (about 20 years ago) I went to the Wreck beach (nude beach in Vancouver) and saw a group of Japanese businessmen in their underwear holding onto their briefcases, walking through nude sunbathers, discussing business as usual. Truly, an unforgettable moment.

Is anyone else cheesed of with this Biebs character dissing everyones comments if they are positive in any way and likes anyones comments when they are negative in any way. Have had contact with David T about it but he doesn't appear to think it a problem?

Yip.
You're not alone.
Rifke, Ketamine Sun, and a lot of other members, including me have the same experience as you.

It's annoying but you should not care too much.
I think DavidT is aware but at this point can't do much.
If his profile would be blocked he can create another one and go on.

I consider it to be like something annoying at times, like a natural thing, the weather, it can rain, storm or whatever but it is not a life threatening issue. :D
It's part of " the couleur locale ". :lbf:

This would make an authentic Live Morrissey DVD...very funny description. It's also what happens when he plays before 'real people' around the world at festivals, folk outside his delusional Cult, folk who've kind of heard of him as a bit of a weirdo so go along for a look only to wander off and get a burger when he starts trying to tell them that eating meat is a problem whilst he nibbles on Kerrygold cheese between songs...

Delusional...that's YOU in a nutshell.
Thank God, thank the almighty, that the 'people', the beer-chugging carnivorous luddites who you so champion so enthusiastically, have not embraced Morrissey. He's way above them.
You can keep playing the Crankfraud tune all you like, it doesn't alter the contribution Morrissey has made to the animal protection throughout his career. Nothing you can say here will influence when or where Morrissey will decide to call time on it all.

Perhaps you should take some time to consider you place in the cult of Morrissey-Solo and whether it enriches you life in any way.

Incorrect. If there's a technical breach of contract by the venue/promoter he still pockets the cash. Try again. And fail again.
So "the crowd was too restrained" is switched to "the video isn't big enough," and he gets to keep the cash. I wonder what he was doing at the time the show would have been happening.

In my opinion, he should just take the cash to cover his expenses rather than his whole fee.
I disagree. If you're called to a job site and there is some reason you are not allowed to work you either get paid or you lose that potential income. No one can survive just covering expenses, and if it really was a technical issue that wasn't his fault, and he wasn't paid the whole amount, he would be paying for their mistake.

So "the crowd was too restrained" is switched to "the video isn't big enough," and he gets to keep the cash. I wonder what he was doing at the time the show would have been happening.

Oh geez, don't start that. :eek:
Cheese eating with "Diesel in his 5* luxury hotel at least, huh.
I just like to think he lies down on his sofa to have a little sleep. :sleeping:

Delusional...that's YOU in a nutshell.
Thank God, thank the almighty, that the 'people', the beer-chugging carnivorous luddites who you so champion so enthusiastically, have not embraced Morrissey. He's way above them.
You can keep playing the Crankfraud tune all you like, it doesn't alter the contribution Morrissey has made to the animal protection throughout his career. Nothing you can say here will influence when or where Morrissey will decide to call time on it all.

Perhaps you should take some time to consider you place in the cult of Morrissey-Solo and whether it enriches you life in any way.

No he isn't 'way above them'. Morally, he's indistinguishable as eating cheese is exactly the same as eating meat. In fact, it's worse. Meat Is Murder: Cheese Bleeds.

I hope Morrissey carries on as there's always the chance he has an epiphany, realises he's wasted almost his entire life as a Crank Fraud and makes amends by:

1] Agreeing with Johnny Marr to making a public apology to Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke for trying to shaft them over live fees.

2] Apologises to all the cows he's killed for his cheezy backstage treats over decades of lecturing 'beer-chugging carnivorous luddites'.

3] Begs forgiveness for releasing 'Kid's A Looker'.

That's just the start of The List Of El Plotto Losto that is his silly career as a Crank Fraud.

Of course debunking that fool enriches my life. What else would I do? Watch Graham Norton on The One Show? I am watching it with the sound down whilst I do this incredibly important work of letting the world know Morrissey is a fake. f*** Morrissey. Etc.

Eating the Kerrygold cheese that the promoter flew in from Dublin and sent to his hotel room to try and persuade him to play the gig.

Smega is a cheesy Japanese delicacy if all those bukkake videos are a reliable guide...not that Morrissey would be into bukkake....

Yes. But how would you know and why do you care? :confused:

Many times I get that feeling you are aiming for the wrong subject.
To me you are a writer. Period. Write that novel and get it all of your chest now. Time is slipping away for all of us, including you.

I would like to read that novel about life, art, personal and artistic freedom from your point of view. Cause they are at stake and you could be as descriptive as you want, cause that is also what artistic freedom is about.

Your bluntness and open mind could open the eyes of others and create the awareness of many people, also many youngsters, they can be free to do what they want. That there is actually freedom for the individual human being and that it is important to be free and to feel free.

Victim, or life's adventurer?
Which of the two are you?
I think you are a life's adventurer. :thumb:

No he isn't 'way above them'. Morally, he's indistinguishable as eating cheese is exactly the same as eating meat. In fact, it's worse. Meat Is Murder: Cheese Bleeds.

I hope Morrissey carries on as there's always the chance he has an epiphany, realises he's wasted almost his entire life as a Crank Fraud and makes amends by:

1] Agreeing with Johnny Marr to making a public apology to Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke for trying to shaft them over live fees.

2] Apologises to all the cows he's killed for his cheezy backstage treats over decades of lecturing 'beer-chugging carnivorous luddites'.

3] Begs forgiveness for releasing 'Kid's A Looker'.

That's just the start of The List Of El Plotto Losto that is his silly career as a Crank Fraud.

Of course debunking that fool enriches my life. What else would I do? Watch Graham Norton on The One Show? I am watching it with the sound down whilst I do this incredibly important work of letting the world know Morrissey is a fake. f*** Morrissey. Etc.

Well, just plain wrong, on all three counts.

I think your passion for the pursuit of 'debunking' is waning.

As for the novel...well let me see..."It was the best of times, it was the BLURST of times"...

Yours in debunking the debunker.
Viva Morrissey
f*** BrummieBerk
SOSB

As for the novel...well let me see..."It was the best of times, it was the BLURST of times"...

Viva Morrissey
f*** BrummieBerk
SOSB

No. Title could be, should be: " Just a BrummieBoy ".
Well, at least I like it. ;)

Yes. But how would you know and why do you care? :confused:

Many times I get that feeling you are aiming for the wrong subject.
To me you are a writer. Period. Write that novel and get it all of your chest now. Time is slipping away for all of us, including you.

I would like to read that novel about life, art, personal and artistic freedom from your point of view. Cause they are at stake and you could be as descriptive as you want, cause that is also what artistic freedom is about.

Your bluntness and open mind could open the eyes of others and create the awareness of many people, also many youngsters, they can be free to do what they want. That there is actually freedom for the individual human being and that it is important to be free and to feel free.

Victim, or life's adventurer?
Which of the two are you?
I think you are a life's adventurer. :thumb:

You are locked in a redundant model of what it means to be an artist/writer/poet/thinker. This is the C21st, not C19th. I'm not interested in entertaining anyone, in being 'famous' in a world where every silly nobody like Morrissey claims to be 'famous' when he's just a D List Troll. He's wasted his life, I haven't. I've devoted my life to political activism but I'm also pretty good at making money so I do exactly what I want. That doesn't include dragging my arse around the world to stand on stage and entertain idiots as a writer/singer/auteur/actor. I've no idea if Zozo will allow anything to be published and don't even care. I've lived the dream of a full life as a genuine Artist. Real artists do not give a flying f*** about ephemera such as fake fame which the likes of Morrissey crave. Amusingly, the eejit has failed even to achieve B list fame, never mind A list Bowie type FAME. If you seriously imagine that those who appear on screen and stage do so because they're more talented than those who choose not to, then you are truly lost. Fame was the great C20th myth. It's totally collapsed in a world where Kim Kardashian is 'famous for being famous'. It has no meaning and no serious person now regards attempts at achieving fame as anything more than a cry for help.

Viva Morrissey
f*** BrummieBerk
SOSB

All you need is me.

You are locked in a redundant model of what it means to be an artist/writer/poet/thinker. This is the C21st, not C19th. I'm not interested in entertaining anyone, in being 'famous' in a world where every silly nobody like Morrissey claims to be 'famous' when he's just a D List Troll. He's wasted his life, I haven't. I've devoted my life to political activism but I'm also pretty good at making money so I do exactly what I want. That doesn't include dragging my arse around the world to stand on stage and entertain idiots as a writer/singer/auteur/actor. I've no idea if Zozo will allow anything to be published and don't even care. I've lived the dream of a full life as a genuine Artist. Real artists do not give a flying f*** about ephemera such as fake fame which the likes of Morrissey crave. Amusingly, the eejit has failed even to achieve B list fame, never mind A list Bowie type FAME. If you seriously imagine that those who appear on screen and stage do so because they're more talented than those who choose not to, then you are truly lost. Fame was the great C20th myth. It's totally collapsed in a world where Kim Kardashian is 'famous for being famous'. It has no meaning and no serious person now regards attempts at achieving fame as anything more than a cry for help.

I do understand what you say about fame and that it has become meaningless and I understand your view.
Maybe I am a bit struck in the 19teenth century.
I don't assume you would want to write because of fame.
And if you are happy with your life and everything you do, good for you.
The only one thing I wanted to let you know is that I like your writing and would read your book.
And, whatever age we live in, artistic quality will always be the criterium, whatever artistic hypes and short lived "new" names are buzzing around on social media.
Cheers BrummieBoy.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom