writer's block --help needed

mar2d2

I'm quietly judging you
YOU want to go to "X" school because it's nearby plus it's in a big city.
THEY want to know why you want to study at their school.
Three lines are needed.
Real reason is boring.
The city is named after a wild animal.

ANY original ideas?

Good luck, you might get some good ideas.
However, I remember you offended one of the wittiest members few months ago your chance is very slim to me. :p

Three lines are needed.
Real reason is boring.

ANY original ideas?

I would say......
Actually, I'd go for.....
Maybe you should.....
What about trying a different angle...

Oh I have writers block too:D

Jukebox Jury

You need to elaborate a bit more on the place you are describing.

However, I remember you offended one of the wittiest members few months ago your chance is very slim to me. :p

your english is cute. :):p i love reading what you write. :D it's perfect, yet not phrased like a native speaker. very rare, but nice. :)

I remember getting heated up and removing the forum from my favourites, but I can't remember the why and the who. Now let's make love and listen death from above.:D

The city has mountains (lots).
The city is so old it was probably founded by dinosaurs.
It's one of Europe's biggest cities.

It's really easy to guess actually....but the bigger the mystery, the greater the fun!!

Last edited:
Three lines are needed.
Real reason is boring.

ANY original ideas?

Well, I don't know if you can get this book, but it's helped me heaps. It's called, "Write Brain" and they give you specific exercises to help you to unlock your creative potential. I have a friend who is a poet, and an exercise she does is choose six words, any six words, and try to incorporate them into a poem or short story. Another friend of mine ( I don't know the website for this) he gets his inspiration from looking at pictures on the Net- like pictures of wet streets,solitary people, animals, mostly still life. Pictures of people doing their own thing, etc. He had already written a novel and I think he's completing another one, or is the midst of it. This is what works for me. Turn off the tv. There's nothing on it worth watching on it anyway. Turn on some ambient, soothing music; Bach is really good. And make a resolve to write at LEAST 1,000 words a day. It does not matter WHAT you write about; it can be total gibberish, but I promise you, it WILL unlock the creativity inside of you. Go to the bookstores, and go to the reference section and there are TONS of writing books (or writer's block books.) I have a lot of them but unfortunately they are packed away in boxes because I don't have a bookshelf. I'd give you more titles but I'd have to dig for them. ALSO, another thing that helps is to read the journals of someone you admire. I read the complete journals of Virginia Woolf, Hunter S. Thompson (my favorite author) and if you can, try to get a diary of an author whose works you admire. Anyway, good luck to you. :)

Oops- I didn't know this about this person. My bad. :(

I had to write one of these a few months ago, just use big words and tell them all the books you have read. I was told not to tell them I was a Communist, so don't do that...

What?? no! i'm good! it was just an argument, no trolling or personal attacks involved! thanks for your advice! :)

Forget what I said. I misread your post. I thought it was someone taking the piss. Hope my advice helps! Write every damned day! :)

Three lines are needed.
Real reason is boring.

ANY original ideas?

What is the school famous for, what subjects are their strength? That's what most people will write about, btw, so you better don't mention it :p

I'd go with something that will make them remember your application out of 300 other, like...

'During my childhood and adolescent years, I have had very few opportunities to see the wonders of modern technology. Living in a city like Y, and going to a school like X, would give me something I didn't even dare to dream of - getting to know how to use lifts, public transport, phones/faxes, lockers like those in American films about high school life, maybe even computers! That unique experience would help me a great deal when I return to my rural community, as I intend to start a private business which would help modernize it (selling TV sets and DVD recorders)'.

When I was a small child my parents first brought me to [insert city name] and I was so amazing by the landscape, the mountains juxtaposed with the huge buildings. And subsequently when I visited friends at [insert city name] I was reminded of those feelings of amazement. In fact [insert city name] still inspires me with such feelings of awe and grandiose beauty. I mean how many other people can say that they studied at [insert city name] that the spent afternoons strolling around [insert historical district of city] and then enjoyed the buzzing cosmopolitan atmosphere of [insert name of hip happening area in city]. I mean [insert city name] has so much to offer. Who wouldn't want to study here? I can safely say that if there is one place I want to study, it's [insert city name] without question. And as the most prestigious [insert place type] in [insert city name] it has to be [insert place of study name]. In fact, if I don't get to study at [insert place of study name] I just don't know what i will do. I may go mad and throw myself off the [insert famous historical building in city].

I was only joking, but it'd be nice if mar2d2 apologise to the people who she argued with. :D
しつれい します ぎゆび

say you want to go there because you heard they have the hottest professors and you're way into older guys.

specially old artsy guys, scruffy looking but wearing designer glasses!! yummm

Thanks a lot everyone!!! it was actually just another field I had to fill out on the inscription form, and I wanted to sound witty and original. Your ideas helped!, now I'll have to convince them on the exams. Thanks again you lovely, kind souls!

ぎゆび?義指?牛尾?
Nice try, but it has to be キューピー、Madam.  :p

Okay gang, I'd like some opinions here....

I am currently suffering from writer's block. A poet friend of mine told me to write six pieces of flash fiction on Sexual Perversions in the 21st Century. Now, flash fiction can only be 200 words or less. I do have some ideas...but need more! Help!

Back
Top Bottom