Worst Morrissey song

I find this utterly disturbing. All except Dykes are exceptional, in my opinion (Dykes is “just” great). I’d probably put AO, WLYK and LIAP on my Moz top 10. These are three of his most ambitious and accomplished songs, I think, with stellar lyrics. But each to his own.
it just goes to show how subjective music is,what you hate somebody else loves and what you love somebody else hates.

Interesting. And probably true.

I don't mind There Speaks A True Friend but I can't stand Now I Am A Was.

What is it about those songs in particular that appeals to you?
Directness of the lyrics, simplicity of the music.

I also like the juxtaposition of the upbeat music (in "...Friend") and downbeat lyrics. For some reason that's always appealed to me, ever since The Smiths days.

I'm generally not a fan of Morrissey's 'epic' songs like "Pigsty".

I agree with a lot of those picks, but I strongly disagree with:
Sweetie Pie (especially the Mikey Farrell version)
Mountjoy - just an incredible song in every way to me
Good Looking Man About Town - always liked it
People Are The Same... great B-side funny lyric yet so true really - in the vein of modern music

I remember being in Antwerp when Mountjoy got its live debut, and thought yea, another song live but, leave it here. But, was sure Dublin would get it - sure enough, 4 nights later it was the low point of the show. Smiler might have also got its debut in Antwerp, also. Not fond of that either.

I remember being in Antwerp when Mountjoy got its live debut, and thought yea, another song live but, leave it here. But, was sure Dublin would get it - sure enough, 4 nights later it was the low point of the show. Smiler might have also got its debut in Antwerp, also. Not fond of that either.
yes, I agree that a lot of songs don’t translate well live. It’s funny, I always preferred The Smiths live, and Morrissey solo - studio

Can we nominate the hidden track at the end of the 'At KROQ' EP? It's literally just 10 minutes of obsessed/deranged fans blowing smoke up Moz's ass. Not sure why this needed to be issued for all the world to hear, other than to stroke his vanity.

I Just Want To See The Boy Happy makes me cringe
All The Young People... same thing
Yea, I’m with you on that. At least ATYP got quickly taken out the live set list, boy crappy survived for several years. :crazy:

Yea, I’m with you on that. At least ATYP got quickly taken out the live set list, boy crappy survived for several years. :crazy:
Sometimes I think Moz does it on purpose, but then I listen to some of his personal fav music and I understand

Found found found some to mention, often musically interesting or even brilliant, but with inconsistent or bad lyrics.

Last edited:

This was the inspiration for Found Found Found. The more you give your trust.... The more you're bound to lose.....

Agreed 100%
I’ll not have a bad word said about KU. Individually; they may not be amongst his best songs but, the album for me, it’s a belter. The only thing I find about KU in general, the tour has been exaggerated, to a similar iconic status as Spike Island. The shows has energy, but by and large, they were crap.
X

I’ll not have a bad word said about KU. Individually; they may not be amongst his best songs but, the album for me, it’s a belter. The only thing I find about KU in general, the tour has been exaggerated, to a similar iconic status as Spike Island. The shows has energy, but by and large, they were crap.
X
Aren’t you the same person who said that the 1995 shows were crap as well? What do you like?

Aren’t you the same person who said that the 1995 shows were crap as well? What do you like?
No. I said they weren’t as good as they’re remembered. Didn’t say “crap”, but I was at a good number so entitled to an opinion. I could pick the bones out or your almost daily rubbish; and dislike of things, but I won’t. Enjoy your Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom