"World Peace Is None Of Your Business" - new album title

Title is very Morrissey-esque.
It comes off as a name to a track rather than album.
Hilarious nevertheless.

Looking forward to the album art and tracklisting for sure.

I suppose it depends on how it is meant.

As a statement of pure fact it is pretty accurate. If factions wish to kill each other in Bangui or Homs, I can't honestly say I care very much. Nor can I, or a million placard wielding do-gooders, do a damn thing about it.

As he likely means it, a Rustle Brained sixth-form political statement, it is a bit... well... rubbish. If he, like Brand, is serious in his sudden conversion to revolutionary politics (from his infinity pool overlooking Los Angeles) he can hardly continue this line of "I don't need to defend my own point of view." as he astonishingly claimed in his recent Q&A. Yes, he does. He absolutely does.

He is a public figure who uses his fame to promote his unusual (and somewhat recent) political beliefs, which appear at times to be best described as Anarcho-UKIP. Unless he is able to expound on those opinions in a lucid manner he'll fall into the same simple and embarrassingly obvious trap Brand did in his recent Paxman interview, and many will suspect that like Jeremy Clarkson, for example, he holds contrary and controversial viewpoints because it puts cash in his pocket.

When he keeps to his own little world and coterie of yes men and salt wranglers, then fine, but step out into the real world and he'll need some real answers. It is time he put himself up in front of an Andrew Neil or Jeremy Paxman, so we can see and hear the breadth of his conviction.

Bets can also start to be taken on whether the cover will feature an up to date photograph. He seems to have decided that ten year old shots do him more justice, and that the only time modern Morrissey will be seen is like the Phantom of the Opera before him, emerging briefly from the shadows, stage left.

My only real hope for the album is that it is Quarry style good, and that post-Savile he decides that this time around the cover will not feature him grabbing a baby by the balls.

Last edited:
Great album title! Now let's hope for a decent sleeve and a tracklist not including "Action Is My Middle Name".

He is a public figure who uses his fame to promote his unusual (and somewhat recent) political beliefs, which appear at times to be best described as Anarcho-UKIP.

interesting description, sounds about right, sadly.

As a statement of pure fact it is pretty accurate. If factions wish to kill each other in Bangui or Homs, I can't honestly say I care very much. Nor can I, or a million placard wielding do-gooders, do a damn thing about it.

As he likely means it, a Rustle Brained sixth-form political statement, it is a bit... well... rubbish. If he, like Brand, is serious in his sudden conversion to revolutionary politics (from his infinity pool overlooking Los Angeles) he can hardly continue this line of "I don't need to defend my own point of view." as he astonishingly claimed in his recent Q&A. Yes, he does. He absolutely does.

He is a public figure who uses his fame to promote his unusual (and somewhat recent) political beliefs, which appear at times to be best described as Anarcho-UKIP. Unless he is able to expound on those opinions in a lucid manner he'll fall into the same simple and embarrassingly obvious trap Brand did in his recent Paxman interview, and many will suspect that like Jeremy Clarkson, for example, he holds contrary and controversial viewpoints because it puts cash in his pocket.

When he keeps to his own little world and coterie of yes men and salt wranglers, then fine, but step out into the real world and he'll need some real answers. It is time he put himself up in front of an Andrew Neil or Jeremy Paxman, so we can see and hear the breadth of his conviction.

Bets can also start to be taken on whether the cover will feature an up to date photograph. He seems to have decided that ten year old shots do him more justice, and that the only time modern Morrissey will be seen is like the Phantom of the Opera before him, emerging briefly from the shadows, stage left.

My only real hope for the album is that it is Quarry style good, and that post-Savile he decides that this time around the cover will not feature him grabbing a baby by the balls.
Hi Johnny, good to see your posts again.
I do, though sort of disagree with you.
I don't think it matters what he means.
Indeed, I'd prefer not to know what he means.
Which is kind of true of all his output, including the book.
I love the songs and the book.
They all (or atleast a lot) hit the senses in a good way.
But it's when he starts explaining what he thinks that the whole edifice collapes.
Who cares what he thinks.
I want to hear his music, that's what his success is built on, not his views on immigration or world peace.
'World Peace is none of your business' simply sounds good.

World Peace Is None of Your Business That's quite the mouthful......

(That's what she said!)

So, looks like the US Tour will be featuring a least a handful of songs not yet known to the audience. Not that I necessarily mind this. Worth noting, though. In fact, I quite enjoyed hearing several Quarry songs live in LA and NY back in early 2004 prior to album release, in addition to the tracks previously debuted in 2002.

So is it "Morrissey, World Peace is None of Your Business" you think?

Or "World Peace is None of Your Business Morrissey?"

An amusing title, if rather substantiating National anti-treasure status and

although I'm worried that from announcing the deal to an album ready for release in June or July.... Well we're not going to get another Vauxhall and I put it that way!

Hi Johnny, good to see your posts again.
I do, though sort of disagree with you.
I don't think it matters what he means.
Indeed, I'd prefer not to know what he means.
Which is kind of true of all his output, including the book.
I love the songs and the book.
They all (or atleast a lot) hit the senses in a good way.
But it's when he starts explaining what he thinks that the whole edifice collapes.
Who cares what he thinks.
I want to hear his music, that's what his success is built on, not his views on immigration or world peace.
'World Peace is none of your business' simply sounds good.

Hi, Peter!

I think it matters if he is going to use it to hang his beliefs upon. People are going to ask him what he means by that title, and he will answer, and it will only be touched upon, as it has been for decades. It's time to get some real answers, not media fluff. He's called it "World Peace Is None Your Business" for a reason. I was hoping for "Bi For Now", but we can't always get what we want.

To me he seems very good at the veneer of political discourse, but there is very little to back it up. I mentioned Brand because they are apparently close friends and Brand recently called for revolution and when asked the glaringly obvious question of what do you do then, he couldn't answer. It's the easiest thing in the world to say something must be done. Great. What?

My suspicion is that, like Brand, Morrissey is a political flâneur, using the disaffection many of us currently feel in the West for his own purposes.

I'd like to see a lengthy interview with Morrissey to explore his political standpoint, not with some terrified amateur from a blog no-one has ever heard of, but a proper sit down one to one discussion with a real heavyweight journo.

That way we can see once and for all if there is any solid foundation to his views. At the moment he seems to be hiding. He is either a singer or a politician. Which is it to be? We know he can write songs, let's see if he has something of importance and relevance to say on world affairs beyond the bulletpoints.

The title grabs the attention which is I guess the intention.

Hopefully The Kid`s a Looker and People are the Same Everywhere won`t be among the 12 tracks.

Hopefully Scandinavia, Action is My Middle Name and Art Hounds will be.

1014392_10202677943617370_1045471494_n.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom