"World Peace..." first week chart positions (Europe, Scandinavia)

Not too surprising since he's had a top ten album each since Quarry in Germany. #30 in Sweden was a shock after consecutive #1s previously.

Chart (2014) Peak position
Austrian Albums (Ö3 Austria) 17
Belgian Albums (Ultratop Wallonia) 160
Belgian Album Chart Ultratop (Flanders) 7 - posted by bartproost.
Danish Albums (Hitlisten) 2
French Albums (SNEP) 53
Dutch Albums (MegaCharts) 28
German Albums (Offizielle Top 100) 8
Irish Albums (IRMA) 4
Italian Albums (FIMI) 21
Spanish albums (promusicae) 24 - link posted by an anonymous person.
Swedish Albums (Sverigetopplistan) 30
Swiss Albums (Schweizer Hitparade) 30
UK Albums (OCC) 2
US Albums (Billboard 200) 14

An anonymous person writes:

And he debuts at #42 in the Norwegian charts

Pete1970 writes:

WPINOYB enters at #2 in Denmark.

http://www.hitlisten.nu

An anonymous person writes:

WPINOYB entered at #21 in the Italian one:

http://www.fimi.it/classifiche_album.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see Moz doing ok in Irish charts. His chart position in yUK and Ireland could have been much better if he had done some TV appearances. I know he is sick/recovering but it is a pity he didn't appear on Jonathan Ross to sing a song. All the promo material in advance of the album and then it appears without trumpet blast. Disgusted Ed Sheeran's Ginger grimace wasn't wiped clean by a Moz #1 album. Ah well, better to die on the sea bed than float with the trash I suppose.

Oh Gothenburg, so much to answer for

Jeg faldt i kærlighed med dig og København

We tried, and we failed.

It certainly didn't help that the vinyl was delayed. Meant that the 2 records I bought wasn't bought the same (first) week.

We tried, and we failed.

It certainly didn't help that the vinyl was delayed. Meant that the 2 records I bought wasn't bought the same (first) week.

It certainly didn't help that World peace is a load of smelly dog business stinking the the charts out either.
I note the silly old Tosserrey has run off to be a 'twit in Switzerland' !
Next interview with me Julie should be with Kristeen Young telling it how it all really is in 'camp Steven' warts an all.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

"Benny in Benedictine" L M F A O. ha ha ha

yeah i agree and its gonna keep selling to some degree a bit stronger in the second and third week than some expected i think. the hold outs will buy it i believe. well see though.

Moz's failure in Sweden is down to many things. His type of music would never sell during summertime and to release any album this time of year is more or less suicide. People are abroad or in the countryside and if they listen to music it is radio music or DJ music.

Morrissey and his music has been labelled as hipster disco for years here and no one wants to associate themselves with anything that is seen as hipster, especially after a tv series that mocked the hell out of such people in general.

The political waters that Morrissey swim in are not seen as cool in Sweden. Swedes have really made a u-turn in politics and the latest EU elections sent shock waves through the established elite whereas the man in the street was like "I told you so". When the times are serious the less need there is for serious music singing about serious topics. People wanna turn that off when they listen to music and go la la la instead and Morrissey is less la la la these days.

Swedes tend to not like older people. Swedes are obsessed with age and in no other country does someone age as fast as in Sweden as you turn an old man and old lady in peoples eyes when you turn 30. Reading social media like Twitter when someone of an age above 30 has been swinging their bits live on tv can be very funny yet very depressing at the same time.

Swedes prefer things that are new and fresh and Morrissey lost his grip on swedes many years ago. Having had a number 1 chart position in Sweden was like saying goodbye to Morrissey for good as a thank you for what he did but it will never happen again. Swedes do not like chart success in general and are very suspicious towards successful people in general. Swedes often say things like "success is either because of a crime or cheating", and quite often that turns out to be right.

Moreover, music is not seen as important in Sweden. Most people do not care about it and swedes probably buy the most best off collections and radio hits cd's of all. Swedes like music played in the background when they clean their homes or when their lover is visiting. It is never something they listen to while concentrating fully. Most young people in Sweden only go to concerts where DJ's play wearing expensive clothes like Ralph Lauren polos with the collar turned up.

The young swedes buy their own homes and are obsessed with having perfect catalogue style homes and could not care less about popular culture. You would probably be left feeling really silly if you tried to discuss Morrissey with that crowd during one of their quiet parties where people compare the size of their latest mobile phones. The more shallow you behave and the less you remember from the past the more likely you are to be seen as the really cool one. Young people of Sweden have never been as old as they come across and even Britt Ekland the old James Bond actress complained that young swedes simply cannot have fun anymore.

Moz's failure in Sweden is down to many things. His type of music would never sell during summertime and to release any album this time of year is more or less suicide. People are abroad or in the countryside and if they listen to music it is radio music or DJ music.

Morrissey and his music has been labelled as hipster disco for years here and no one wants to associate themselves with anything that is seen as hipster, especially after a tv series that mocked the hell out of such people in general.

The political waters that Morrissey swim in are not seen as cool in Sweden. Swedes have really made a u-turn in politics and the latest EU elections sent shock waves through the established elite whereas the man in the street was like "I told you so". When the times are serious the less need there is for serious music singing about serious topics. People wanna turn that off when they listen to music and go la la la instead and Morrissey is less la la la these days.

Swedes tend to not like older people. Swedes are obsessed with age and in no other country does someone age as fast as in Sweden as you turn an old man and old lady in peoples eyes when you turn 30. Reading social media like Twitter when someone of an age above 30 has been swinging their bits live on tv can be very funny yet very depressing at the same time.

Swedes prefer things that are new and fresh and Morrissey lost his grip on swedes many years ago. Having had a number 1 chart position in Sweden was like saying goodbye to Morrissey for good as a thank you for what he did but it will never happen again. Swedes do not like chart success in general and are very suspicious towards successful people in general. Swedes often say things like "success is either because of a crime or cheating", and quite often that turns out to be right.

Moreover, music is not seen as important in Sweden. Most people do not care about it and swedes probably buy the most best off collections and radio hits cd's of all. Swedes like music played in the background when they clean their homes or when their lover is visiting. It is never something they listen to while concentrating fully. Most young people in Sweden only go to concerts where DJ's play wearing expensive clothes like Ralph Lauren polos with the collar turned up.

The young swedes buy their own homes and are obsessed with having perfect catalogue style homes and could not care less about popular culture. You would probably be left feeling really silly if you tried to discuss Morrissey with that crowd during one of their quiet parties where people compare the size of their latest mobile phones. The more shallow you behave and the less you remember from the past the more likely you are to be seen as the really cool one. Young people of Sweden have never been as old as they come across and even Britt Ekland the old James Bond actress complained that young swedes simply cannot have fun anymore.

I think I'll pass on my swedish holiday.

I think I'll pass on my swedish holiday.

That is a very wise choice my friend. There is no joy in Sweden and people are often found verbally assaulting each other in shops and in the streets. God knows how many died this summer from brawls and stabbings at the camping sites. Young generation are having some sort of competition in being the most ignorant which would make even the young people of United States to blush.

There are beggars outside all shops in Sweden and health check ups on immigrants are not random as they enter the country because of respect of their religion so there is no control on diseases that often occur in troubled areas. The swedish health care has been put on alert as the disease Ebola needs to be handled at a special unit put in place during the summer should it become necessary.

If you are into indie music then that scene died years ago and no one ever talks about it and it is never mentioned by anyone sensible enough to still care about their personal pride. Do not comment before thinking because if you do that in Sweden you may be the subject of harassment both in real life and online and who knows what is the worst these days.

Sweden is changing and after the Norwegian terror alert in recent days we await some action taking place in Sweden as well as a few years ago many tons of fertiliser was nicked which can be used in the same way as Breivik used it in Oslo. There are currently an online betting game taking place on when Sweden will have a major terror attack on a much larger scale than the 2011 one in Norway.

Sweden is the place for young entrepreneurs into blogging about commercial products that are sent home to you for free. If you are 23 and want everything put in place that your parents only cared about in their 50's then Sweden is your kinda country.

Welcome!

i was in sweden once waiting for a train to venice with rachel and we were sitting eating some oriental food on the floor somewhere before we had to board. i looked a little punk rockish i guess but still pretty cool, at least i would have thought here in the u.s, but rachel looked as professional as ever and some kids threw change at us and i was flabbergasted as to what they were doing. i thought i was gonna get into a fight as i thought someone threw food or a rock at us and was just being a macho dick. when i looked up and saw it was change i was just totally confused cause they were laughing together and like 15 or something. i almost still dont get it. didnt really endear sweden to me though. never gone back and wouldnt recommend it. it was very dull in many ways

Are all the swedes so long-winded?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom