with Morrissey fans supporting Morrissey's racist remarks...

Do they have to agree first that the remarks were racist and then support them in order to qualify for subspecies status, or are those who dispute outright the accusations of racism also a subspecies?

And which remarks (plural) are we talking about?

It was not a racist comment, have you all not learned by now that when it comes between our beloved animals and any form of human being there shall never be any contest?

Here's my thought on this. SOmetimes I get tongue-tied. Also most the time I am a mocking bird. If I hear a comment about something that I agree with, I will store it away in my (doing-many-things) brain and recall it as best I can in another conversation. SO maybe Morrissey was at a Peta meeting or some damn thing and someone said something like "the Chinese culture that skins dogs is sub-par to the standard of an educated species" or something and in Morrissey's complicated brain he remembered "China," "sub," and "species." :straightface: Then again I am most likely looking for an excuse to defend the obvious foot-in-mouth syndrome Morrissey suddenly experienced. If it makes anyone feel better I once mused that professional basketball was like a court full of trained monkeys with a coach in a suit. I was commenting on the coach wearing a suit and not a uniform like the rest of the team, but it was a racist remark despite me not being a racist. Anyway...

Bleh.

Here's my thought on this. SOmetimes I get tongue-tied. Also most the time I am a mocking bird. If I hear a comment about something that I agree with, I will store it away in my (doing-many-things) brain and recall it as best I can in another conversation. SO maybe Morrissey was at a Peta meeting or some damn thing and someone said something like "the Chinese culture that skins dogs is sub-par to the standard of an educated species" or something and in Morrissey's complicated brain he remembered "China," "sub," and "species." :straightface: Then again I am most likely looking for an excuse to defend the obvious foot-in-mouth syndrome Morrissey suddenly experienced. If it makes anyone feel better I once mused that professional basketball was like a court full of trained monkeys with a coach in a suit. I was commenting on the coach wearing a suit and not a uniform like the rest of the team, but it was a racist remark despite me not being a racist. Anyway...

Bleh.

I can't help thinking; if he would have said exactly the same things but instead of China, saying it about the US, the UK, Sweden, Germany, France or some other country, would people have been just as upset as they are now?

uhh... what?

Twat

I can't help thinking; if he would have said exactly the same things but instead of China, saying it about the US, the UK, Sweden, Germany, France or some other country, would people have been just as upset as they are now?

Marvelous point

yes. certainly.

Agreeing with the 'For' Morrissey camp

I don't know about that. None of those are actually races, so the comment wouldn't have made much sense.

I do think, though, that if Nick Griffin had said the same thing we would have all been shocked and, even given the political stance he represents, his career would be pretty much finished.

I don't know about that. None of those are actually races, so the comment wouldn't have made much sense.

I do think, though, that if Nick Griffin had said the same thing we would have all been shocked and, even given the political stance he represents, his career would be pretty much finished.

Are you comparing Nick with Steven? Haha this is fabulous for a dreary Sunday night

I like Nick Griffin, he makes me giggle

Agreeing with the 'For' Morrissey camp

umm... no. i'm still against the morrissey camp.

i'm saying that the race is NOT important. the racism IS. if he said the spanish were sub-species for their bull murdering traditions, that would be racist too.

anyone who treats animals cruelly is sub-human. i agree with that.

but saying the Chinese race as a whole is sub-species, THAT IS RACISM! is it so hard to understand? grouping a race based on stereotypes or the acts of the minority (or even the majority).

racism should not be tolerated. anyone who defends Morrissey's remark should really be ashamed of themselves.

i'm not saying he's a racist but he most definitely made a racist remark.

get a new hero.

He did me very proud saying what he said, come and live in London or any other English city, and see how wonderfully racially acceptable you are after 6 months.

He did me very proud saying what he said, come and live in London or any other English city, and see how wonderfully racially acceptable you are after 6 months.

what the hell?

what's your point in saying this? are you saying England's a racist country and you're proud of that?

what the hell?

what's your point in saying this? are you saying England's a racist country and you're proud of that?

Scarlet's a lil' bit racist. But she makes up for it by calling you titties and stuff. A weird nut to crack but worth being in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom