With "fans" like this...

I'll hold you to that - we may get funny looks from British Sea Power :)

I can take it.

Sadly, apparently I caught the eye of neither David Johansson nor Sylvain Sylvain on Saturday. Moz has me spoiled. However, the Dolls f-ing rocked. You gotta go if they swing by you... pure fun. Like a hair band, only not trashy and all reeky of bad pot and cigarette smoke and cheap vodka that comes in plastic bottles and that weird smell the girls' bathroom in high school would take on after the hard rock chicks would use their lighters to melt their black eyeliner pencils before raccooning themselves into whoredom with messy hair. And aquanet.

Anyway, the Dolls were not that. They were like the Godfather of all that.

I can take it.

Sadly, apparently I caught the eye of neither David Johansson nor Sylvain Sylvain on Saturday. Moz has me spoiled. However, the Dolls f-ing rocked. You gotta go if they swing by you... pure fun. Like a hair band, only not trashy and all reeky of bad pot and cigarette smoke and cheap vodka that comes in plastic bottles and that weird smell the girls' bathroom in high school would take on after the hard rock chicks would use their lighters to melt their black eyeliner pencils before raccooning themselves into whoredom with messy hair. And aquanet.

Sweet :) I forgot you went. Were you wearing a Morrissey "Dolls" tee? :rolleyes:

Sweet :) I forgot you went. Were you wearing a Morrissey "Dolls" tee? :rolleyes:

Nah, I didn't buy that one. I had on a green silk kimono blouse. And jeans.

I did run into a guy I've seen at all the Chicago-area Moz shows- plus Royal Oak. I stared at his back for six hours on line in RO- he and his friends were just in front of Claudia and I. I'm not gonna put his name here, because he doesn't post much, but hi, A!

Like a hair band, only not trashy and all reeky of bad pot and cigarette smoke and cheap vodka that comes in plastic bottles and that weird smell the girls' bathroom in high school would take on after the hard rock chicks would use their lighters to melt their black eyeliner pencils before raccooning themselves into whoredom with messy hair.

Hahahahahahaha!

You know, I was just thinking the same thing the other day. I saw a Quiet Riot video, and I couldn't help thinking that their moves are totally stolen from the NY Dolls. But I suppose that not dressing up like women helped their record sales. :D

Back
Top Bottom