Will you download a concert before going so see Morrissey?

Are you going to download one, some or all of his concerts on mozzbozz.vox.com or similar internettsites before going to see him yourself or will that just destroy some of the experience?

I`m quite torn on the question myself. On the one hand it might take some of the magic away. On the other side, if he playes new songs like the Russel Brand song, I`ll have to learn it/them before hearing them live

Are you going to download one, some or all of his concerts on mozzbozz.vox.com or similar internettsites before going to see him yourself or will that just destroy some of the experience?

I`m quite torn on the question myself. On the one hand it might take some of the magic away. On the other side, if he playes new songs like the Russel Brand song, I`ll have to learn it/them before hearing them live

I'll be avidly reading the setlists, but probably won't download any bootlegs unless they are of an exceptional quality.

I`ll have to learn it/them before hearing them live

Hi Stan :) No you don't.

Go to the gig with an open mind not knowing what's going to happen - try it.

I like seeing Moz and hearing a new song aired... it's like 'What's this?'

...or hearing an obscure song and thinking 'I know this from somewhere...'

Anyway I don't want to know what the gig will be like until I'm there!

Hi Stan :) No you don't.

Go to the gig with an open mind not knowing what's going to happen - try it.

I like seeing Moz and hearing a new song aired... it's like 'What's this?'

...or hearing an obscure song and thinking 'I know this from somewhere...'

Anyway I don't want to know what the gig will be like until I'm there!

Maybe I`ll try it. I remember being quite bewildered in 2004 when he started a gig I attended with "Don`t make fun of daddys voice"

Which means you'll have to wait until after the Richmond, VA show. :guitar:

It'll be interesting to see what non-YOR songs he has in the setlist. How Soon Is Now will probably still be in there (which is no bad thing as it still gives me goosebumps live) but hopefully there will be a handful of lesser-played songs in there. Not obscure b-sides that no-one knows though. It kind of spoils the atmosphere when you've got a couple of hundred people standing there thinking "what the f*** is this?!" while a few obsessives sing their hearts out, bursting with pride because they know the words.

the idea of downloading a concert has never appealed to me or really come in to my head. A prefer to wait anxiously then you dont know what you are going to expect.

It'll be interesting to see what non-YOR songs he has in the setlist. How Soon Is Now will probably still be in there (which is no bad thing as it still gives me goosebumps live) but hopefully there will be a handful of lesser-played songs in there. Not obscure b-sides that no-one knows though. It kind of spoils the atmosphere when you've got a couple of hundred people standing there thinking "what the f*** is this?!" while a few obsessives sing their hearts out, bursting with pride because they know the words.

Come on! Playing new and obscure songs live has been his tradmark forever.

Remember that on the last tour he played 6 of the 12 songs from YOR.

Come on! Playing new and obscure songs live has been his tradmark forever.

Remember that on the last tour he played 6 of the 12 songs from YOR.

I know, I was there. While some twat beside me belted out Mama Lay Softly On The River Bed like his life depended on it. It was quite funny to look at the majority of the audience talking to each other the whole way through it or go to buy t-shirts.

I know, I was there. While some twat beside me belted out Mama Lay Softly On The River Bed like his life depended on it. It was quite funny to look at the majority of the audience talking to each other the whole way through it or go to buy t-shirts.

Point taken.

Do you really think he will continue playing How soon is now?

I figure that since his fanbase are so lojal, he knows that most of the people attending the concerts have been around before. I would be disappointing if I get the feeling he has pushed the re-package button

Point taken.

Do you really think he will continue playing How soon is now?

I figure that since his fanbase are so lojal, he knows that most of the people attending the concerts have been around before. I would be disappointing if I get the feeling he has pushed the re-package button

Yeah, he probably will play it. People complain about him playing it so often these days, but you don't see anyone complaining at the gigs when the song starts.

In Camden you could barely hear him sing when the crowd chanted along on HSIN as the opener! A agree it was fabuolus and I will never forget it!

Back
Top Bottom