Will The Pope Resign?

Thanks for your clarification JOA

The reason it's an issue now is plain. Complaints about abuse years ago were ignored. Consequently the abuse has continued to the present day. The question is Why?
More precicely - how was this allowed to happen, why was action not taken sooner, and why are those who ask for the matter to be taken seriously being attacked by the Vatican..

From a SNAP statement reported in the Independent (29/3/10)

It's true that abuse has and does occur in many hierarchical institutions, some secular, some religious. To accuse one should not distract from the other. ALL should be accountable. Unfortunately, in the matter under debate here, those responsible appear to be trying to deflect criticism by denigrating the victims, yet another abuse of power, and showing a deep unwillingness to accept responsibility, or to accept the seriousness of the damage done.
Sorry but old roman law rule says:"In dubio pro reo"-i want to see an evidence,interviews like that-that someone said sth,he was abused 50,60years ago or zillion years ago but speaks just now its not credible for me.Evidence and trial.Thats all.Some elusive interiews that someone,somewhere etc.etc.only remind me of Joseph K.from Kafka novel"the Trial".

Ace argument. Also this abuse of power has an edge to it when its done within the pretense of it being "God's will". This unfortunately presents a damaging effect on the victims psychologically.
Unfortunately here you mistaken islam with christianity-in islam world"the God's will"slogan is very popular.

Well i dont think so.This is what ive found in eng:News from Father Scavizzi
In the spring of 1943 Pirro Scavizzi, an Italian priest, told Pius that the murder of the Jews was "now total", even the elderly and infants were being destroyed "without mercy". Pius is reported to have broken down and wept uncontrollably.[32]

Pius said to Father Scavizzi “I have often considered excommunication, to castigate in the eyes of the entire world the fearful crime of genocide. But after much praying and many tears, I realize that my condemnation would not only fail to help the Jews, it might even worsen their situation… No doubt a protest would gain me the praise and respect of the civilized world, but it would have submitted the poor Jews to an even worse persecution.”[33]

[edit] Attempted kidnapping
Main article: Alleged plot to kidnap Pope Pius XII
Well perhaps the episode of 60 minutes was lying then. When was this information released? Probably my sources are out dated.

Overwhelming majority of the people contributed in this thread do not take part in any form of organised religion.

The discussion I mentioned took place just after 9/11 in 2001 that's why I still remember about it.
aha ok.

Unfortunately here you mistaken islam with christianity-in islam world"the God's will"slogan is very popular.

No I have not. If anyone did mistaken the two distinct religions its probably they are both proselytizing religions and certain aspects are identical. I am Christian and I grew up in a primarily Evangelical home. I have heard sermons that explicate God's will of the implications of it all the time. Free will is often talked about and not encouraged in Christianity. The assumption is made that we as a human race are inherently evil (The original sin doctrine), hence the need of God's grace and the redemption made through Jesus Christ. So the Free will, which is already pre-programmed to do evil or ungodly things anyway (however you want to interpret it) is replaced with God's 'perfect' will. This is the general catechism of Christianity from my Protestant background, and as far as Catholicism goes, the ins the outs, the doctrines, I am not sure this applies. But please realize that this is an integral component in Christianity. It's probably not just Islam where the slogan is popular, but in countries where the Islam-faith pervades government, the 'slogan' is being solicited for political and social agendas. And in this country too.

I am disgusted by the lack of LOL Popes in this thread to date.
128751337839211057.jpg

No I have not. If anyone did mistaken the two distinct religions its probably they are both proselytizing religions and certain aspects are identical. I am Christian and I grew up in a primarily Evangelical home. I have heard sermons that explicate God's will of the implications of it all the time. Free will is often talked about and not encouraged in Christianity. The assumption is made that we as a human race are inherently evil (The original sin doctrine), hence the need of God's grace and the redemption made through Jesus Christ. So the Free will, which is already pre-programmed to do evil or ungodly things anyway (however you want to interpret it) is replaced with God's 'perfect' will. This is the general catechism of Christianity from my Protestant background, and as far as Catholicism goes, the ins the outs, the doctrines, I am not sure this applies. But please realize that this is an integral component in Christianity. It's probably not just Islam where the slogan is popular, but in countries where the Islam-faith pervades government, the 'slogan' is being solicited for political and social agendas. And in this country too.
Hmm... as for "free will"-we have free will and can do whatever we want.It depends on us what we will choose.Its not like we are determined,we have a free will and therefore we have a choice.This is how i understand it.

It has just been announced that the Pope, as head of the Vatican (recognized as a sovereign state), has diplomatic immunity and cannot be called to testify in a court of law.

He is Risen, indeed.

Hmm... as for "free will"-we have free will and can do whatever we want.It depends on us what we will choose.Its not like we are determined,we have a free will and therefore we have a choice.This is how i understand it.

True as it applies to the individual.

I find it odd that so many people are shocked by this whole rape thing.

The Bible does advocate rape. So the priests are technically doing the right thing according to the Bible.

I'm only aware of the Bible advocating heterosexual rape--specifically the rape of daughters by fathers, if memory serves.

So... Take that!

I've been researching, Ghostie....it's not as easy as it sounds. There are so many ways of being ignored or forgiven. :confused:

The more they ignore me, the further I'll get. But I have forgiven Jesus.:thumb:

Doing something awful to the Host, maybe?? :eek:

That's one way of being ejected from the party.

I'll mull it over at the Gym. :cool:
I'll mull over it during my run. Maybe the exercise will inspire us. :)

I heard an interesting interview over the weekend with a fellow who studied to become a monk, but he ended up being a Catholic "fixer" instead. He recounted his time spent in various parishes covering for priests who had misbehaved - a different parish every year. In his own words the Church had a remarkably efficient mechanism for covering up the sins of the fathers.

He has since found spiritual solace elsewhere, but he still has great admiration for the organizational skills of the Holy See.

Just think where we'd be if Rome had put all that accumulated time, effort and money into advancing social justice instead of consolidating power - the mind reels.

I'm only aware of the Bible advocating heterosexual rape--specifically the rape of daughters by fathers, if memory serves.

So... Take that!

Oh, you're right. There is a lot more rape going on besides the one you mentioned, but now that I think of it, they're all heterosexual rapes.

Tags
fat chance
Back
Top Bottom