will NYC happen?

While I fully expect the show to be cancelled, I don't think it applies to "Apollo Theater-produced public programs"

While I fully expect the show to be cancelled, I don't think it applies to "Apollo Theater-produced public programs"
I received the following email back from The Apollo.
“Keep an eye out for an official email about the event in the coming days.”

I'm hoping for a postponement and not a cancellation.

If it gets postponed, get on stub hub quick and purchase some floor GA for dirt cheap! It'll be valid at the new shows haha

Don't see how NYC shows happen...city is essentially being shut down. This has to be an issue between venue and promoter regarding liability and losses. Anyway, it's bullshit that no announcement has yet to be made. Ticketmaster tix (not resale) is still on sale, and prices have really dropped. Crazy. Best case would be to postpone, offer refunds for those who want, and offer new date for those of us who can make it work.

Don't see how NYC shows happen...city is essentially being shut down. This has to be an issue between venue and promoter regarding liability and losses. Anyway, it's bullshit that no announcement has yet to be made. Ticketmaster tix (not resale) is still on sale, and prices have really dropped. Crazy. Best case would be to postpone, offer refunds for those who want, and offer new date for those of us who can make it work.
They are probably in the process of trying to reschedule. Hopefully. Every city and ticketing outlet is dealing with dozens/hundreds of impacted shows, so the process is taking longer than usual. Unprecedented volume of shows needing to be cancelled or rescheduled.

I'm hoping for a postponement and not a cancellation.

If it gets postponed, get on stub hub quick and purchase some floor GA for dirt cheap! It'll be valid at the new shows haha

Spoken like a true Moz-fan, ticket hustler~! If I was going to be around - this is exactly what I would do.

Having said that, I may have one ticket available for sale....

MrShoes

Ticketmaster will manipulate their pricing based on supply and demand. It's called market based pricing. Ticket prices can change at any time. If selling strong they raise the price big time and label them Platinum tickets. If sales are poor they will reduce price. Unfortunately reduction doesn't happen too often. I also feel they set aside a supply of tickets for this practice. They are crooks, should be illegal. Regarding refunds, you'll only get what you paid for the order.

Just hung up with a representative of the Hammerstein Ballroom and even he doesn't know what is going to happen. Said Live Nation canceled events all over the country however hasn't touched this event as of yet that we should wait until Monday for a better idea of what will take place. Find that odd that NYC has banned all gatherings in excess of 500 people and Hammerstein holds 3000 for concerts. It would seem like a no brainer that this event will be canceled unless they honor the first 500 people to show up only and that assumes that The Moz himself shows.....He's bowed out of much bigger events in his glorifies past. It's a wait and see.......

no travel to and from europe after this friday. is morrissey in the US right now? im hoping he cancels, the people i was supposed to go with are bailing due to the virus. seems like between now and the 20th, the city might ban large gatherings, but who knows. ive got 3 tickets i dont want to lose money on. if i do go, ive got two floor tickets for the hammerstein if anyone id interested and its not cancelled.

Still have that extra ticket? Coming from Staten Island........Although with Broadway being dark and the rule against 500+ people in the same vicinity, it seems like a no brainer.

Official announcement of postponements on Facebook. Rescheduled dates to be announced later.

Still have that extra ticket? Coming from Staten Island........Although with Broadway being dark and the rule against 500+ people in the same vicinity, it seems like a no brainer.
How can Hammerstein break the rules

Just hung up with a representative of the Hammerstein Ballroom and even he doesn't know what is going to happen. Said Live Nation canceled events all over the country however hasn't touched this event as of yet that we should wait until Monday for a better idea of what will take place. Find that odd that NYC has banned all gatherings in excess of 500 people and Hammerstein holds 3000 for concerts. It would seem like a no brainer that this event will be canceled unless they honor the first 500 people to show up only and that assumes that The Moz himself shows.....He's bowed out of much bigger events in his glorifies past. It's a wait and see.......
If the event isn't cancelled then Tkt master will not refund. if the 1st 500 is allowed that would mean the event wasn't cancelled and the rest that didn't make it in would lose $.

so far i still have it. hard to believe it will go on, but to leave us hanging to the very end is just bullshit.

As the city of New York prohibited any gathering of more than 500 persons, including Broadway and so on, I believe that Moz concert in the city will be cancelled or postponed... any additional info?

See other threads....?!

Morrissey’s NYC Concerts to be Postponed to a later date -

As New York City has now prohibited all events with audiences of more than 500 people from taking place due to the CoronaVirus pandemic…..

Morrissey’s launch concerts for his new I’m Not a Dog on a Chain album release, set for The Hammerstein Ballroom on March 20th and The Apollo Theatre on March 21st, have been temporarily postponed.

New dates for both events will be announced soon.
Tickets originally purchased for the concerts will be honored for the new dates.

Ticket holders have been asked to hold onto their tickets until the new dates are announced.

Once again, despite these events being beyond his control, Morrissey would like to apologize for any inconvenience and looks forward to returning to NYC to sing there as soon as possible .

Code:
https://www.facebook.com/Morrissey/posts/2777465332289990
?

Back
Top Bottom