Why the hell are any of us still here?

You keep saying this, how do you suggest he gets out of the pickle he finds himself in? New Order had to put up with loads of shit about their name etc in the past but are now more popular than they have ever been, so it can be done.

He might not want to get out of it. He'd have to do all the bits of showbiz he can't stand.

Someone will revive his reputation in an article or documentary eventually & it'll be easier to sell his product when he's not around to hate the campaign.

No, Amy. It's provable.
As provable as the nutters who see visions of Jesus in their morning coffee, yeah. That's the level you're at - shouting into a void that nobody sees "the truth" except you. And every time Morrissey speaks, he sends your great mission back to square one. A waste of time.

Last edited:
As provable as the nutters who see visions of Jesus in their morning coffee. That's the level you're at.

I really don't know what your problem is - but it's in the press cuttings & I have spoken to journalists involved.

I really don't know what your problem is - but it's in the press cuttings & I have spoken to journalists involved.
Nerak, you don't get it - it wouldn't matter if you'd spoken to Rupert Murdoch. The 'evidence' that turned fans against Morrissey came from his own mouth and there is no level of fact-twisting and revisionism that can change that. He learned that with the Der Spiegel interview, after piteously claiming that he'd been misquoted. Putting it all down to media vendettas and coming out with stuff like "he's shy", I mean... ridiculous. And I am a journalist!

Last edited:
Nerak, you don't get it - it wouldn't matter if you'd spoken to Rupert Murdoch. The 'evidence' that turned fans against Morrissey came from his own mouth and there is no level of fact-twisting and revisionism that will change it. Putting it all down to media vendettas and coming out with stuff like "he's shy", I mean... ridiculous.

What comes out of his mouth gets mediated. It's the hype that people are reacting to.

& his shyness is a major problem. It means he's not doing the networking & he can't do a few interviews to get a story to move on.

SAM:
Some have tried to cancel you because of your views.

M:
You can't cancel someone who has always been cancelled. When did you last see me on television, or hear me on the radio? I unintentionally invented the condition of being cancelled! [laughs] The music industry hasn't ever celebrated me or offered me free food. I've always been treated like a scientific experiment gone wrong. I'm used to it. I've been immune to enemy fire for many years. I wear a bullet-proof vest in the bath. It seems to me that as soon as one person boo's they all start to boo, and then when someone cheers they all start to cheer… but that's just a loose theory. [laughs]

SAM:
Does this mean you'll never reign it in?

M:
Whatever my place is … I've earned the right to be here. There's nothing to reign in. There are cyclists in Bristol with OBE's. Even the cat yawns. I've never been on a political rally and I've never given a political speech so my apparent position as a political voice is hugely flattering but nonexistent.

SAM:
A lot of Facebook nonentities obsessively criticize you, as if they almost have a crush on you but can't get your attention. Is this hurtful?

M:
I'm a stern believer in free speech, but in my case I actually mean free speech for everyone - not just for those who agree with me. So, people must say what they feel, and when it gets ugly or insulting it reflects badly on them - not on me. It's usually best to leave your critics alone with their own words clanking through their brains. If you rush into a defensive reply you dignify their position. Actually, I don't even care…

:cool:

SAM:

M:
You can't cancel someone who has always been cancelled. When did you last see me on television, or hear me on the radio? I unintentionally invented the condition of being cancelled! [laughs] The music industry hasn't ever celebrated me or offered me free food. I've always been treated like a scientific experiment gone wrong. I'm used to it. I've been immune to enemy fire for many years. I wear a bullet-proof vest in the bath. It seems to me that as soon as one person boo's they all start to boo, and then when someone cheers they all start to cheer… but that's just a loose theory. [laughs]

SAM:

M:
Whatever my place is … I've earned the right to be here. There's nothing to reign in. There are cyclists in Bristol with OBE's. Even the cat yawns. I've never been on a political rally and I've never given a political speech so my apparent position as a political voice is hugely flattering but nonexistent.

SAM:
A lot of Facebook nonentities obsessively criticize you, as if they almost have a crush on you but can't get your attention. Is this hurtful?

M:
I'm a stern believer in free speech, but in my case I actually mean free speech for everyone - not just for those who agree with me. So, people must say what they feel, and when it gets ugly or insulting it reflects badly on them - not on me. It's usually best to leave your critics alone with their own words clanking through their brains. If you rush into a defensive reply you dignify their position. Actually, I don't even care…

Typical Moz - run away from any personal responsibility and then play the victim. The 'I don't care' stuff would be more convincing if it didn't come from someone who has spent virtually his whole career saying 'ugly and insulting' things about people and then crying about how he never gets the attention and respect he deserves. Top of the vinyl chart in Poland, though!

:drama:

its LePew who is bitter talking pointless pap about having a killer comet blow the earth up🌚:hammer:

SAM:

M:

SAM:

M:

Urging people via your own website to vote for a very specific political party, and then wearing that party's emblem in front of thousands of people at concerts and millions of people on TV, would count as having 'a political voice' to most people.

Urging people via your own website to vote for a very specific political party, and then wearing that party's emblem in front of thousands of people at concerts and millions of people on TV, would count as having 'a political voice' to most people.

Fixating on a badge worn a couple of times when he was VERY clear that he thought the media was lying about Anne Marie - and they lied about him & THEY KNOW they lied about him - is a choice.

It's not about Morrissey - it's about the story that people want to create about Morrissey.

And that is rooted in the homophobia of the 80s - as well as hacks disapproving that he doesn't do normal things like hang out in the pub.

How you can look at the level of corruption in the press & politics & think they're picking on a reclusive singer because of some blazing sense of morality is a mystery.

Fixating on a badge worn a couple of times when he was VERY clear that he thought the media was lying about Anne Marie - and they lied about him & THEY KNOW they lied about him - is a choice.

It's not about Morrissey - it's about the story that people want to create about Morrissey.

And that is rooted in the homophobia of the 80s - as well as hacks disapproving that he doesn't do normal things like hang out in the pub.

How you can look at the level of corruption in the press & politics & think they're picking on a reclusive singer because of some blazing sense of morality is a mystery.

You keep posting the same thing time and time again and of course you're entitled to your opinion but it looks like 99% of posters disagree with your interpretation of how he's ended up in the place he is.

You keep posting the same thing time and time again and of course you're entitled to your opinion but it looks like 99% of posters disagree with your interpretation of how he's ended up in the place he is.

A few posters (99%???) are sticking with the old version of Morrissey's story - that's going to happen, I'm not that fussed.

If you're not fussed stop posting the same shit over and over again.

You lot post the same shit, so what's it matter if someone disagrees?

I've got enough to pitch it to the press - so it finds its hook when it finds its hook. That's all I meant by not fussed.

You lot post the same shit, so what's it matter if someone disagrees?

I've got enough to pitch it to the press - so it finds its hook when it finds its hook. That's all I meant by not fussed.
You lot? You mean people who may have a different view on what's caused his problems.

You lot? You mean people who may have a different view on what's caused his problems.

I meant the site in general. I don't know what you're so offended about when you were hardly nice to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant the site in general. I don't know what you're so offended about when you were hardly nice to me.

'lot' is the appropriate description.(y)
' a lot' of hate trolls or a lot of hate trolls. "A LOT" like an aggrupation
posting under the supervision of a master troll.:thumb:

:hammer:

Back
Top Bottom