Why the hell are any of us still here?

Lingering affection for the music & simple hope that one day, Morrissey will drag his career from the mire, mend bridges with Johnny and start making sense again.

Lingering affection for the music & simple hope that one day, Morrissey will drag his career from the mire, mend bridges with Johnny and start making sense again.
His last album is far away his best in 25 years. I don't think his career is in the mire...his last three LPs were stellar; it's not his fault he got booted from his label because of dipshit woke retards who favor diversity over talent and intellect.

Johnny can't write a tune to save his life. I think that to reunite with him would be the least sensible thing Morrissey could do. I think the repaired working relation with Alain bodes VERY well for the future...don't you?

His last album is far away his best in 25 years. I don't think his career is in the mire...his last three LPs were stellar; it's not his fault he got booted from his label because of dipshit woke retards who favor diversity over talent and intellect.

Johnny can't write a tune to save his life. I think that to reunite with him would be the least sensible thing Morrissey could do. I think the repaired working relation with Alain bodes VERY well for the future...don't you?
Would be interesting to have them all.

This is still the only place to get comprehensive news on what's going on in the whacky world of Morrissey. I followed him during the wilderness years,and I followed him during the great post Quarry success. His career appears to be in terminal decline now,and I doubt he has a third revival left in him, but seeing it all crumble is still morbidly interesting from a historical perspective.

Regardless of 'woke retards', Morrissey has gone from being the King of Indie to a toxic, untouchable figure in the media - he has completely fallen from grace and lost so many fans. Wall to wall abuse on social media, no label - he is a pariah and until that changes, he could release a run of world-class albums and nobody would take any notice. That's the mire I mean.

I meant 'mend bridges" with Johnny personally, not musically. But no, I'm not that excited about Alain. He is certainly one of the best solo collaborators but he is not amazing and his own solo efforts were far worse than anything JM had put to tape.

Regardless of 'woke retards', Morrissey has gone from being the King of Indie to a toxic, untouchable figure in the media - he has completely fallen from grace and lost so many fans. Wall to wall abuse on social media, no label - he is a pariah and until that changes, he could release a run of world-class albums and nobody would take any notice. That's the mire I mean.

I meant 'mend bridges" with Johnny personally, not musically. But no, I'm not that excited about Alain. He is certainly one of the best solo collaborators but he is not amazing and his own solo efforts were far worse than anything JM had put to tape.
They all need to go to The Kettle Society drop in.

:rolleyes:

oi
:drama:

maybe LePew can teach Moz how to make invisible 'vinyls' that dont exist
and become no 1 in bogus charts.:lbf:

:hammer:

How is he toxic? If so called fans are so quickly turned against him because his views aren't cookie cutter media friendly leftist tripe, were they ever really fans in the first place?

Plus didn't he already attempt to bury the hatchet with Johnny quite awhile back? And wouldn't that bridge have likely stayed rebuilt had Marr not needlessly shit talked him in the media with the asinine "Farage on guitar" comment just so that everyone can see how P.C. Johnny is?

Last edited:
How is he toxic? If so called fans are so quickly turned against him because his views aren't cookie cutter media friendly leftist tripe, were they ever really fans in the first place?

Plus didn't he already attempt to bury the hatchet with Johnny quite awhile back? And wouldn't that bridge have likely stayed rebuilt had Marr not needlessly shit talked him in the media with the asinine "Farage on guitar" comment just so that everyone can see how P.C. Johnny is?

:straightface:

'toxic' is a woker word, all woker twats use it(n)

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: is truculent devious and very unreliable:blushing:
not to be trusted, and can hardly play the:guitar:
Alain is much better(y)

:hammer:

He's become toxic for many reasons but the main one is probably because he's used his platform to unambiguously endorse a clearly right wing political party and also expressed sympathy for several other right-wing figures (e.g. Robinson and Farage). Many other pop stars are right wing and it isn't really a problem, but for Morrissey it absolutely is. His background is the world of so called 'indie' music - arguably The Smiths were the first indie band. And the world that he created around the Smiths was totally and utterly opposed to right-wing politics (he even once wrote a song calling for the death of the UK's right-wing prime minister). The more you were massively into the Smiths, the more you were likely to have been completely against right-wing politics (but obviously with some exceptions). So, many if not most indie institutions that supported him through the decades, whether record shops, websites, club nights or radio stations have effectively turned against him. They won't play his new songs on their radio stations or at their club nights, or stock them on their websites. He could probably have weathered this if it wasn't for the fact that the UK's biggest radio station, Radio 2, also joined in. The impact on his tours and new album sales has been pretty devastating.
Personally, as I've said before, I know he's not a genuinely right-wing figure as even fairly recently, he's expressed support for some non-right wing figures - he's just totally muddled and clueless when it comes to politics.
It doesn't mean there won't be a new record deal, though - his sales profile is now no lower than Billy Bragg's or Damon Albarn's, and they've both recently put out new albums. It's just that it used to be a lot higher.
Back to the question of this thread, I don't come here very often anymore but I thought there were some really great songs on Dog on a Chain - four or five beauties. And I'm pretty certain there will be quite a few more on the new album(s). I'm keen to find scraps of information about them and I guess this is where those scraps are most likely to appear.

He's become toxic for many reasons but the main one is probably because he's used his platform to unambiguously endorse a clearly right wing political party and also expressed sympathy for several other right-wing figures (e.g. Robinson and Farage). Many other pop stars are right wing and it isn't really a problem, but for Morrissey it absolutely is. His background is the world of so called 'indie' music - arguably The Smiths were the first indie band. And the world that he created around the Smiths was totally and utterly opposed to right-wing politics (he even once wrote a song calling for the death of the UK's right-wing prime minister). The more you were massively into the Smiths, the more you were likely to have been completely against right-wing politics (but obviously with some exceptions). So, many if not most indie institutions that supported him through the decades, whether record shops, websites, club nights or radio stations have effectively turned against him. They won't play his new songs on their radio stations or at their club nights, or stock them on their websites. He could probably have weathered this if it wasn't for the fact that the UK's biggest radio station, Radio 2, also joined in. The impact on his tours and new album sales has been pretty devastating.
Personally, as I've said before, I know he's not a genuinely right-wing figure as even fairly recently, he's expressed support for some non-right wing figures - he's just totally muddled and clueless when it comes to politics.
It doesn't mean there won't be a new record deal, though - his sales profile is now no lower than Billy Bragg's or Damon Albarn's, and they've both recently put out new albums. It's just that it used to be a lot higher.
Back to the question of this thread, I don't come here very often anymore but I thought there were some really great songs on Dog on a Chain - four or five beauties. And I'm pretty certain there will be quite a few more on the new album(s). I'm keen to find scraps of information about them and I guess this is where those scraps are most likely to appear.

He got in trouble because the NME are lying bastards. And because he's shy.

No one gives a f*** about Dublin Annie.

You keep saying this, how do you suggest he gets out of the pickle he finds himself in? New Order had to put up with loads of shit about their name etc in the past but are now more popular than they have ever been, so it can be done.

This topic has been done to death & ultimately, the "why" and "how" of it all no longer matters - his current situation is a reality that fans either try to navigate or they just walk away. He isn't in exile due to rejecting "leftist tripe", that's disingenuous. He has become someone that many fans no longer recognise, for all the reasons the user 'Mike Rourke' has said.

I can't answer the questions about Johnny, nobody can. I hope it will mend in the end, but putting the whole thing down to shit-talking rather than Morrissey's dreadful about-turn as a person is a bit strange.

Last edited:

He got into trouble because he aligned himself with the political scum of the earth, then - when challenged - dug that hole deeper and deeper every time he opened his mouth, you delusional laughing stock.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom