Why Morrissey's videos are pretty poor ?

I think you're trolling me because you're jealous because you want to be just like me: a star. Why else would you try out for Big Brother? Just try harder next time and don't let the producers coach you, okay? And get some good head shots.

You're the troll who hides behind the personality of a skank who's not even a real celebrity, and this needs to be your signature......

attention_whore.jpg

OK, good night :rolleyes::cool:

Just wondered if it's intentional that the vast majority of Mozzer's promo videos have been pretty rubbish really with some exceptions especially the Jarman trilogy.

Could it be because Morrissey doesn't want the video to impinge too much over the music and lyrics...so one can paint our own pictures from the record alone ? Imagination is sometimes curtailed by videos getting stuck in the brain.

A really great video can detract from the record sometimes .Of course,there are exceptions:Johnny Cash's Hurt for example.

Any thoughts ?

morrissey has gone on record as saying that he didn't really care about the promo films. i'm sure the smiths just gave total control to the director. i personally think the videos were great. most 80's videos were cliche and tasteless. i'm glad the smiths video were done with some form of class.

I love the Jerman videos he made for THE SMITHS. TIALTNGO is perfect!!

I like the fact that The American Record company recycled the I Started Something Video and used it for Stop Me....

Yeah, that was brilliant... :rolleyes:

Morrissey on making videos

"It's never been my strong point... but then, what is? I throw in a basic idea but then leave it to others. I think my discomfort usually shows. I like "I Have Forgiven Jesus" and "The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get" - and "Glamorous Glue" is OK. I made a video years ago for the song "Our Frank" with the director James Maybury that was so awful that we tried to hide it. Of course, no such luck. There's always someone, somewhere ..."

from one of the true to you q&as

Actually, I like a lot of Morrissey's videos. I have the "Hulmerist" video, as well as some of his post HMV stuff like "Alma Matters", "The More You Ignore Me", and "Satan Rejected My Soul".

My favourite video by him is "November Spawned A Monster" where he's f***ing around in Death Valley and playing a bar of chocolate - hilarious!

Morrissey tends to be very traditional and conservative when it comes to videos, he believes that the song really should be good above all and if it's good it doesn't need any gimmicks or major fanfares for the kids to buy it.

Back in the glory days of rock and pop music, most music videos were just of the singers and bands playing to a live studio audience. You could generally tell by the audience reaction whether the song was really good or not - just look at the video for the song "Sister I'm A Poet" which was never released as either a single or album track. The audience went completely wild during that song and there were about three instances where Moz had to fight off the kids who were knocking him over in their frenzied stage rushing.

Back
Top Bottom