Why Morrissey is right on immigration!

well, i was doing some thread catch-up last night (read this one through in one sitting), and the question just jumped right out at me, since those 2 age related comments were right there in the same post... if they had been scattered across posts (and certainly across threads and at different times), i doubt i could have noticed!

anyway, oh, but you are mysterious! almost as enigmatic as moz, but i for one have never thought you were moz, as others have suggested (but perhaps just in jest?!). there are far too many ways that could never be...

well, glad to finally know now, after wondering several times about your oblique references several times to "being old"...one time i think i figured by your comment that you had to be at least 40+! :p

(and please keep up the fantastic posts; it is great to have you in here.)

Ha, well that's extremely kind of you to say. Thank you.

I am not over forty but if you're no longer young you can't help but feel a little old when visiting pop star websites. It's as if, in a flash, you instantly transform from the lad playing on the swings into the haggard-looking man on the park bench nearby, observing the playground with a glassy-eyed stare, hands mysteriously buried in his snugly-buttoned trench coat despite the stifling summer heat. I mean, that's how it seems at times.

Anyway like everyone else here I'm just a fan with a computer and too much time on my hands.

Ha, well that's extremely kind of you to say. Thank you.

I am not over forty but if you're no longer young you can't help but feel a little old when visiting pop star websites. It's as if, in a flash, you instantly transform from the lad playing on the swings into the haggard-looking man on the park bench nearby, observing the playground with a glassy-eyed stare, hands mysteriously buried in his snugly-buttoned trench coat despite the stifling summer heat. I mean, that's how it seems at times.

Anyway like everyone else here I'm just a fan with a computer and too much time on my hands.

Moz couldn't pretend to be as American and right wing as you.

Even more hilarious is the thought Moz could last in here longer than five minutes. It would break his heart and bore him to tears.

Only the good movies come out on Betamax

Ronald Regan made Stalin look Armenian.

milosevic.jpg

There's nothing remotely racist about wanting a limit on immigration.

Absolutely.

I am not a fan of everything that Enoch Powell said, but this quote is for me, right on the money; (my bold]

Powell began by claiming that it was urgent to stop "further inflow, and promote the maximum outflow"

"I can already hear the chorus of execration. How dare I say such a horrible thing? How dare I stir up trouble and inflame feelings by repeating such a conversation? The answer is that I do not have the right not to do so. Here is a decent, ordinary fellow-Englishman, who in broad daylight in my own town says to me, his Member of Parliament, that the country will not be worth living in for his children. I simply do not have the right to shrug my shoulders and think about something else. What he is saying, thousands and hundreds of thousands are saying and thinking – not throughout Great Britain, perhaps, but in the areas that are already undergoing the total transformation to which there is no parallel in a thousand years of English history."

Tjinder Singh of Cornershop famously burned copies of Viva Hate in the street as a protest after the debacle at Madstock, and Morrissey's refusal to clarify his views.

I didn't. I burned it cos it was a shite boring album.

Tjinder Singh of Cornershop famously burned copies of Viva Hate in the street as a protest after the debacle at Madstock, and Morrissey's refusal to clarify his views.

I didn't. I burned it cos it was a shite boring album.

Just registered and so positive with each post. Well done.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom