Why does Morrissey leave out a whole decade of his work when playing live this year?

Re: Why does Morrissey leave out a whole decade of his work when playing live this ye

I have a theory about why there are so many Smiths songs in the set by the way,:
I think Jesse spends his evenings in the back of the tour bus with his 'Complete Smiths Songbook' & 3/4 sized student Fender.
Every few weeks, he'll tug the man's sleeve,

'Mr Morrithey, Mr Morrithey! I learned anuvver one.'

'Well done son, have a biscuit.'
It gets us nowhere

Re: Why does Morrissey leave out a whole decade of his work when playing live this ye

He didn't?

Weren't all these from the early 90s???

The Loop
Seasick Yet Still Docked
Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
Best Friend On The Payroll

All 1992 - 1995.

Yeah, sure, you missed out Billy Budd; but there have been as many 90s songs as Quarry songs. Somewhat disproportionate, I would argue.

I couldn't agree with you....
Unfourtunely, you're wrong... The 90's had great songs and albums, are you saying that YATQ and YOR aren't good albums?
For exemple, "Kill Uncle" isn't representative, howere its tour were very important, because it was the first REAL TOUR since The SMiths.

But I do believe that current years are more "fruitful creatively" than 90's.

I would expect songs from YOR, it's the YOR tour. I guess it's just my personal taste that I prefer the 90s albums to YATQ.

To be honest, I might not be complaining if instead of Irish Blood, First of the Gang and Crashing Bores he was playing I Have Forgiven Jesus, Camden and I'm Not Sorry...

I have a theory about why there are so many Smiths songs in the set by the way,:
I think Jesse spends his evenings in the back of the tour bus with his 'Complete Smiths Songbook' & 3/4 sized student Fender.
Every few weeks, he'll tug the man's sleeve,

'Mr Morrithey, Mr Morrithey! I learned anuvver one.'

'Well done son, have a biscuit.'

I disagree with this assessment of JT. It took him almost no time to nail the Shoplifters solo while Alain played it for years and never really got it right for my ears.

Jesse's strength is his ability to play the songs
Alain's strength is his ability to write the songs

Alain is decent live but I don't think he is as good as Jesse. All opinion of course.

I disagree with this assessment of JT. It took him almost no time to nail the Shoplifters solo while Alain played it for years and never really got it right for my ears.

Alain is decent live but I don't think he is as good as Jesse. All opinion of course.

To be perfectly fair though, if it had been Jesse instead of Alain on the 'Kill Uncle' tour, I don't think it would've remained so emblazoned on our minds.

Gosh I do miss backing vocals on 'Best Friend on the Payroll' though..couldn't he at least get Kristopher to do it? :blushing:

To be perfectly fair though, if it had been Jesse instead of Alain on the 'Kill Uncle' tour, I don't think it would've remained so emblazoned on our minds.

Gosh I do miss backing vocals on 'Best Friend on the Payroll' though..couldn't he at least get Kristopher to do it? :blushing:

After I saw Morrissey at the Liverpool Empire on the Kill Uncle tour, I 'retired' to The Legs of Man pub where some bloke in a 'Moz' t-shirt (I'd never heard him refered to as Moz until then) said, "Who was that f***ing wanker on guitar?"

Time: it's a funny bugger, isn't it?

After I saw Morrissey at the Liverpool Empire on the Kill Uncle tour, I 'retired' to The Legs of Man pub where some bloke in a 'Moz' t-shirt (I'd never heard him refered to as Moz until then) said, "Who was that f***ing wanker on guitar?"

So "some bloke in a Moz t-shirt's" drunken opinion of one night stands for the turn-out of the entire tour? :crazy:

So "some bloke in a Moz t-shirt's" drunken opinion of one night stands for the turn-out of the entire tour? :crazy:

And the award for leaping to conclusions goes to...

And the award for leaping to conclusions goes to...

some bloke in a 'Moz' t-shirt (I'd never heard him refered to as Moz until then) said, "Who was that f***ing wanker on guitar?"

It looks like you. Congratulations. Have you prepared a speech?

It looks like you. Congratulations. Have you prepared a speech?

You're going to have to educate me, sir. I was under the impression I'd merely presented an anecdote. It wasn't my intention that any conclusions should be drawn.

Oh, actually I like Jesse, I think he's a very good guitarist.

I was just making a little joke.

Back
Top Bottom