why did you join solo?

hatfull

HIM-full
being very nosy, I just wondered if there was a reason you joined solo (other than to talk about Morrissey!)? I myself joined because a) I'd just got a computer and b) a bit of my life went kind of belly up, and I wasn't going out as much as I had been. plus, my friends were sick of me talking about Morrissey all the time! So, anyone else want to share?

I also got a laptop and wanted to see photos posted on "Unusual Photos of Morrissey" theread.
Some threads you can't see any photos if you haven't registered.

Other than to talk Morrissey? Some strange compulsion. It becomes addicting and a way to blow off some steam during the work day.

Other than to talk Morrissey? Some strange compulsion. It becomes addicting and a way to blow off some steam during the work day.
it is isn't it, it starts off being 15 minutes twice a week, then an hour a day, before you know it...

it is isn't it, it starts off being 15 minutes twice a week, then an hour a day, before you know it...

... you end up married to someone and being tortured with ikea!

I wasn`t computer literate until i joined (bit sad I know at the age of 37:o) so its all still exciting for me still. I go on loads of forums.Its very addictive and keeps me happy until the kids are older and i get my freedom back.:D

I've been dropping in since Craig Kilborn started his search for The Old Sod bit, so probably five years? I joined when vBulletin made it a requirement. I just wanted to know where the hell Morrissey was, and now look what's happened! :mad::D:rolleyes:

I joined Solo to get me some Morrissey news and at the time when the website got started (97 or so)...this was the only place that I could find to get the most information regarding morrissey going on tour/what songs he played/what he said/etc.etc....I also enjoy reading some of the treads from time to time...that are morrissey or non-morrissey related...

It has been so long that I don't remember, and when I joined it was a totally different place.

I had only been into Morrissey for a few months, and I had just found out he had a new album out, so I joined. Kind of forgot about it (but not Morrissey) after a while over the summer, then when the Aragon show in November was coming up I returned. And well, I haven't really left since. :p

I first came to the site last year to get details of Morrissey's UK tour, but I only realised there was a forum earlier this year. I lurked for a couple of months, but the temptation to post abusive responses to people's inane comments got the better of me and so I joined. Here I am a couple of months later, finding myself thinking randomly during the day, "Hmm, I wonder what's new on the forum today?" When my life falls apart due to this, as it ultimately will, Davidt better run for his bleedin' life cause I'll be after him...

Coiff.

I found -solo in 2000 to track & comment on the Chicago leg then peeked in and out (again) in 2004 and 2006 --in '06 wisely deciding to stay put. Hmm, I wonder what user # I'd be or how many posts I'd be up to if I hadn't changed my user name 3 times (even once being a -nice!- Anonymous'er )
I finally crossed over to the forums this summer and now I'm really not leaving. When you find this many people that get YOU and Morrissey--- you are 'home'. A shared passion. One that nobody outside of our 'circle' gets. I need you guys (awww :p) I'm addicted to Morrissey and this site. Obviously! Misery (and the joy of) loves company but there is strength in numbers!!
Life is hard enough when you belong here :D

I found -solo in 2000 to track & comment on the Chicago leg then peeked in and out (again) in 2004 and 2006 --in '06 wisely deciding to stay put. Hmm, I wonder what user # I'd be or how many posts I'd be up to if I hadn't changed my user name 3 times (even once being a -nice!- Anonymous'er )
I finally crossed over to the forums this summer and now I'm really not leaving. When you find this many people that get YOU and Morrissey--- you are 'home'. A shared passion. One that nobody outside of our 'circle' gets. I need you guys (awww :p) I'm addicted to Morrissey and this site. Obviously! Misery (and the joy of) loves company but there is strength in numbers!!
Life is hard enough when you belong here :D

I very much enjoy your posts Corrissey. They often verge on the surreal, but in a good way. Your free thinking is like a breath of fresh air on here, so I for one am glad you made the switch. Don't go back to those main page free-for-alls, they're awful!

Coiff.

Very nice, Coiff -- I thank you...with all of my heart :D I enjoy your posties as well. And I see you've learned to love me after that drunken gibberish post of mine ~ha! So, my posts 'verge on the surreal in a good way' -- I'll take that :) And I've been troll-bashed on the 'free-for-all' (well put) boards but I've also made some friends there. 'Bad scenes come and go', but the stories, fun and love far outweigh the crap for me. Complete Mozzer saturation trumps everything. Thanks for taking me in 'here', but I will also continue to dip my toes over 'there'. I'm enjoying straddling the line (uh oh. somewhere a nasty troll just woke up)

I wish I could surf and post more often but that little thing called life always gets in the way :D

Very nice, Coiff -- I thank you...with all of my heart :D I enjoy your posties as well. And I see you've learned to love me after that drunken gibberish post of mine ~ha! So, my posts 'verge on the surreal in a good way' -- I'll take that :) And I've been troll-bashed on the 'free-for-all' (well put) boards but I've also made some friends there. 'Bad scenes come and go', but the stories, fun and love far outweigh the crap for me. Complete Mozzer saturation trumps everything. Thanks for taking me in 'here', but I will also continue to dip my toes over 'there'. I'm enjoying straddling the line (uh oh. somewhere a nasty troll just woke up)

I wish I could surf and post more often but that little thing called life always gets in the way :D

Lol, don't worry, I think everyone on here's guilty of posting something they regret whilst under the influence, I know I am! You're a very original character and you are most welcome here. I have to say, the anonymous poster thing always annoyed me on the main page. I know it avoids having to sign up, but it also means you can post whatever crap you like and get away with it! It's true though, Mozzer saturation is what it's all about. All we need is him... :D

Coiff.

Back
Top Bottom