Whores in Retirement

The Seeker of Good Songs

Does anyone know the story behind old Mogsy's pseudonym, "Whores in Retirement"?
I came across a film on TCM, "Ladies in Retirement", which as soon as I saw the title I thought of Whores.
Its an old film from 1941, based on a play from 1940.
Curious if there might be a connection.

Not sure of a direct link to anything, but it was certainly used as a rights/copyright handling identity & for art credits (as per 25 Live, Autobiography and certain sleeves et al).
The '41 film certainly has a cast and feel that Morrissey might appreciate.
Personally (guess), I think it has a Linder/Morrissey in-joke about it.
Regards,
FWD.

í may be a terrible man terrible man but í always felt it was a slight bitchy slight/in-joke at/with Jo Slee?

í can't confirm this with hard stats but my clear memory is that the Hoors Indoors credit first appeared on sleeves after JS had left Team Moz {probably due to sheer exhaustion brought on by ubiquity}.

I'd have plumped for her had that term not been used in '92 on Malady &' 93 Beethoven (Linder cover), TMYIMTCIG '94 (Linder cover) and the segue in to Jake's images - so she was around during some of its usage, but made me feel she was persona non grata after the '94 'resignation'.
Perhaps the plural is important here and after '94, it becomes ironic?
Regards,
FWD.

í may be a terrible man terrible man but í always felt it was a slight bitchy slight/in-joke at/with Jo Slee?

í can't confirm this with hard stats but my clear memory is that the Hoors Indoors credit first appeared on sleeves after JS had left Team Moz {probably due to sheer exhaustion brought on by ubiquity}.

I have to ask: what the hell is the deal with some of your i’s?

hi_1988_everyday12_1~3.jpg

Maybe? :)
FWD.

I love Joe's í

I only learned how to do it by accidentally pressing a letter on my phone for longer than usual. 🙃

The i-acute!

MozSig.jpeg

Although it varies between acute and grave in his signatures and handwriting 😉

I have to ask: what the hell is the deal with some of your i’s?

í have to answer: Far too long gazing into other people's acute í ~

Morrissey Penis Sword Cummins 1991.jpg

~ and a pathetic stab at character.

Back
Top Bottom