Who is easier to live with: boys or girls?

imogen11

I'm currently having to find a new sharehouse, which is about as much fun as an enema, and I need some help here.

Just got back from checking out a house that is just what I'm looking for in many ways: PERFECT location, pretty good price, HUUUGE room, horrid 70s carpet..uh..hang on..

Anyhoo, the thing is, I'd be living with two boys. Met one, he seems nice - dorky but nice.
The house is in dire need of a womans touch, but I could work on that slowly but surely.

I'm just wondering if I can handle being the only one with oestrogen in the entire household.

Any other girls out there lived with a bunch of boys before?

What are the pros and cons?

Who is easier to live with??? Boys or girls? I've never really had a problem living with just girls (though I grew up with two brothers), but I hear lots of other women say they find it easier to share with boys.

Horror sharehouse stories are welcome...would make me feel a little better about being stuck in one.
:)

As a teacher if I see quite a bit... Overall boys are a hell of a lot easier to deal with than girls.

Having had both equally bad experiences while rooming with both males and females in the past, I find I am much happier living alone (with my cat!). In my experiences both were bad but I tended to have a better time living with my male roommates than my female ones. But that may just be my personality. I found my female roommates to be difficult as far as just not being able to trust them. Women can be rather sneaky and devious whereas the men I had roomed with although I had issues with them they seemed easier to solve. If there is anyway to get a place of your own, I highly advise it!;)

yeah ladies are difficult to live with mentally, guys are difficult to live with physically.... cause we're dirty and we dont care.
:D

but hey you can always clean up after us!

If there is anyway to get a place of your own, I highly advise it!;)

I would looooove to live alone but I'm a fulltime student (30 years old) and I just can't afford it. Rent here is astronomical at the moment and I like to live around the city, which is expensive.

Once I finish with school at the end of next year, though, that's it - no more sharehouses for me. I'm gonna get 12 cats and live on my own ;)

yeah ladies are difficult to live with mentally, guys are difficult to live with physically.... cause we're dirty and we dont care.

but hey you can always clean up after us!

I actually saw an ad today that read something along the lines of (in bad english) 'Free Rent for Female: if you like to do few chores and some cooking, etc, and go for walk now and then, I have room - single male.'

I shit you not.

I hate to stereotype but in my experience - Boys. They give you more "space," which is key if you need some time alone, like I do.

Unless your boy is a "clinger," then you're screwed.

Last edited:
I would looooove to live alone but I'm a fulltime student (30 years old) and I just can't afford it. Rent here is astronomical at the moment and I like to live around the city, which is expensive.

Once I finish with school at the end of next year, though, that's it - no more sharehouses for me. I'm gonna get 12 cats and live on my own ;)

I actually saw an ad today that read something along the lines of (in bad english) 'Free Rent for Female: if you like to do few chores and some cooking, etc, and go for walk now and then, I have room - single male.'

I shit you not.

yeah i see those on craigslist from time to time....creepy!!

yeah i see those on craigslist from time to time....creepy!!

in my opinion, BOYS are easier. they may be messy and occasionally insensitive but bitching and backstabbing is virtually nonexistent. unless its an effeminate gay man then you may rather room with a woman, because they can be meaner!! :)

in my opinion, BOYS are easier. they may be messy and occasionally insensitive but bitching and backstabbing is virtually nonexistent. unless its an effeminate gay man then you may rather room with a woman, because they can be meaner!! :)

EOH just LOL'd coz it's so true. Flammer guys are backstabbing little hoes. NEVER live with them, actually, run away as far as possible from them.

BOYS. :cool:

I agree...Women can be very mean.

EOH just LOL'd coz it's so true. Flammer guys are backstabbing little hoes. NEVER live with them, actually, run away as far as possible from them.

BOYS. :cool:

I agree...Women can be very mean.

yes they can. if you have to live with a woman, aim for plain looking, or butchy, or sports oriented (excluding cheerleading). lesbian or not it doesnt matter. as long as they have a few male qualities they're usually easier to live with. (im one of those non-lesbian, male qualified chicks. im cool to live with. but dont leave dishes all over the house! only rule!)

I lived my childhood with my father and my brothers.

They did fart a lot... etc etc.

I have no idea which one is easier... :O
To me it's the boys, but only if they belong in my family.

It's easier to share with males, you don't want psychotic boyfriends trying to bang

the door down when they won't take NO for an answer, cause that's what'll happen.

Like Will and Grace, only communists? :p

I have only lived with non family people for short terms, but boys were too untidy and girls spent all their time saying "come on put your pants!"
but gays were tidy and didn't complain about me going without pants...and I've never lived with a commy

I could not live with a communist... every time they felt entitled to use my things for the common good of the place I would feel the need change the locks for the common good of his health and me not going to jail.

I hate when people touch/rearrange my stuff without asking.

well, I shared a house with 3 boys. One was nice and clean, the other two weren't, which was a bit of a nightmare I have to say. They had loads of parties, left mess, etc, but it's down to individuals rather than buys or girls I think. Other than my husband, I don't think I'd live with boys again!

Back
Top Bottom