Where would you be if you hadn't discovered Morrissey?

i dread to think, although i fear it would probably be dead or living dead.

Moz definatly saved me.

actually i wouldn't be sitting here at my lunch break....i would of gone and got more crisps....damn morrissey i want more crisps!

at the risk of seeming to take the influence of a "dysfunctional" pop star too seriously, i really can't answer this question with certainty.

in 1994, i sold all my smiths/morrissey records, in the belief that he had been unhelpful. about a year later, though, i went out and bought most of the albums, again, on c.d.

it's really too difficult to separate the good aspects from the bad. in some respects, my life could very easily have gone completely down the toilet when i was in my teens, if i hadn't listened to the smiths, and it might've been impossible to change that later. on the other hand, i think listening to mr. morrissey allowed me, in some way, to accept (or, at least, live with) aspects of myself that, i probably shouldn't have accepted and that, in truth, i still don't like. (get me: i so tortured!)

so, to not answer the question, i might have been somewhere good or somewhere bad; i really don't know.

he really needs to get a f***ing haircut, though.

at the risk of seeming to take the influence of a "dysfunctional" pop star too seriously, i really can't answer this question with certainty.

in 1994, i sold all my smiths/morrissey records, in the belief that he had been unhelpful. about a year later, though, i went out and bought most of the albums, again, on c.d.

it's really too difficult to separate the good aspects from the bad. in some respects, my life could very easily have gone completely down the toilet when i was in my teens, if i hadn't listened to the smiths, and it might've been impossible to change that later. on the other hand, i think listening to mr. morrissey allowed me, in some way, to accept (or, at least, live with) aspects of myself that, i probably shouldn't have accepted and that, in truth, i still don't like. (get me: i so tortured!)

so, to not answer the question, i might have been somewhere good or somewhere bad; i really don't know.

Hmmmmmm.........I was quite a miserable teenage r(but I hated Morrissey and The Smiths until I was about 17, so he wasn't that helpful then.)

More recently, he has made it easier to cope with some of the harsher parts of reality in some ways, I can if I need to, wrap myself up in a little bubble of Morrissey and The Smiths and stay there until i think it's safe to come out again. In a way, he has helped me to take the path I have wanted to, and to keep me on it when things get bad, but then again, the choices were still mine. If I didn't have Morrissey, i wouldn't know what I was missing, would I?

You forgot to thank Morrissey that though his music and this site, you found your wife. :o

hmmm, well i would love to say Morrissey saved my life cuz it sounds pretty dramatic and stuff, but i dunno. well, maybe he did. maybe literally? im not really sure. maybe emotionally. I discovered the Smiths during a crazy time in my life. a time where i surely couldve used them. there was many night i did infact, lay in awe on the bedroom floor, literally wanting to die. and it was at these times when Smiths lyrics played out in my head. and for times like that I am forever grateful to him. and if I ever were to meet him, i think a simple "thank you" would suffice, and having the opportunity to do that would really mean more to me than any living thing on earth.

"Reflecting from my death bed"

I'm sure I might have spent the past year rather more constructively... or conventionally at least. Which is a good thing or a bad thing, I'm not sure. Reading the interviews/ listening to the Smiths albums in particular really made me think about life and the way I wanted to live it which may sound rather over the top but it's almost like I was waiting for Morrissey's voice to let me know I wasn't such a freak for being the way I am. I guess it was the time I discovered it all too, just as I was leaving uni and having to make some big decisions. And really, up till last year I thought you had to pretend to be happy and to hide any doubts/ fears/ dislikes you had or people would get annoyed or fed-up with you. Now though I'm quite happy in being myself and let other people think what they like, it's like I have a little Morrissey voice in my head and I can smile to myself even when things are going wrong.

Also, not wishing to be negative/ morbid, he has made me think quite literally about life too and how the end is not actually something to be scared of, and through that realisation somehow life becomes a little easier to live, because we're only passing through here and could leave at any time. And I quite like that thought some days.

Pretty sure that if i didn't discovered him, i would have been eating pork chops for dinner, instead of a veggie burger.
Open my eyes to alot of things and i mature.

Been a fan since 1984, so really can't imagine otherwise situations.
Probably would have got into some crap music and certainly wouldn't be the person I am today.
I've had to defend my love of Moz and The Smiths for so bloody long that it must have made me a stronger person. Oh, I'd probably be eating burgers now too if I hadn't seen the light!

Without Moz & Smiths it would be like being buried alive, or going mad walking by streets speaking alone...no because I don´t do this, but now I go by the streets singing Smiths and Moz´songs

I wouldn´t have met my husband and my wonderful friends.

Where would I be if I had never discovered Morrissey??

Honestly, I'm not sure, I've been thinking about this for a while. And I have come to the conclusion, that a)it's a very personal answer, as is for all of us and b) that I may not love life as I do now. Before Moz, life was difficult, because as a teenager, life is akward enough. I would feel so alone if I hadn't ever discovered him. And that's the truth. No one out of the all the music I love, speaks to me the way he does. (And this is probably going to sound like an answer to the question, "What would you thank Moz for?" Or something along those lines, but bare with me :p)
He tells you that what your feeling is absolutely NORMAL. It's ok to not be happy all the time, to have that low empty feeling in the pit of your stomach and not even really know the reason why it's there, but you just know that it is there. Before Moz, I always felt like there was something(maybe) wrong with me, for not bieng happy like most people around me all the time. That me not wanting to be aorund people, rather stay home, listen to music, was not such a good thing. But then he made me realize, that it's a perfectly ok thing and way to feel. Without Moz, it would be very difficult, because out of the group of "teenyboppers" that I know and that annoy the heck out of me, I stand out like a sore thumb, for being different, not loud like them, a bit shy at times and yes, at times it was hard, but then Moz helped me to realize that being different is an excellent thing, and made me feel that I am not alone in being that way, different, and standing up for what was right and what I believed in, even if noone else saw fit to do. Thank God I discovered him, because if I never would have, I would never know about all the people who feel exactly like I do. Who are passionate about such similar things.

He's saved me from the miserable radio that I no longer listen to.

He's helped in making me stay the person I am, and know that I am.

I guess I wouldn't be on this site. ;)

OH YEAH!! I forgot to mention this very important factor. And have met all of you wonderful people, who I can talk with at any time about how I feel about Morrisey and the feelings I have of how passionate I am for him and his music. It's hard when no one close to you feels the same & doesn't understand it.

Also, (don't think I said this already), if I hadn't have discovered Moz, I wouldn't have had the comfort I need in going through extremely difficult things. I wouldn't have somewhere to run and hide to, cuz like Hattie said, she runs away and it's like a safe haven. My mom said she notices I do that. When things are difficult, I tend to close up, and run away to Moz and listen to his music, because it's a comfort....to hear those words that utter how you rally feel and without it, I would be going crazy! :o

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom