Where is this WPINOYB reissue?

I was wondering about this last night. Being that I can't see him also putting money in to advertise the re-release, what I've been wondering is if they'll just stick up a notice on TTY, maybe have a link to sell it online somewhere (Mporium?), and start having them available at shows. I can't imagine there will be any additional, unreleased versions - although I'd also love a recent live recording, preferably one that Sam hasn't already put on YouTube.

Well he mentioned distribution so I'm guessing that means something more than mporium but I can't see him spending much on advertising. Announcement on tty and some social media along with announcements at shows would be my guess. An interview or two wouldn't hurt but he doesn't seem to care for them much these days even though that would probably be the best way to spread the word

They might buy it but they don't listen to it.
Haha I suspect you are right! I listen to CDs while driving. I listen to Spotify on my phone when walking dog. I wouldn't feel right if I didn't buy new Moz releades on CDs. I have all The Smiths and a fair bit of Moz Solo stuff on vinyl also but rarely get or make the time to listen to a record. I have some Jam vinyl I'd love to relisten to but might have to wait until doomsday to get the time.

Haha I suspect you are right! I listen to CDs while driving. I listen to Spotify on my phone when walking dog. I wouldn't feel right if I didn't buy new Moz releades on CDs. I have all The Smiths and a fair bit of Moz Solo stuff on vinyl also but rarely get or make the time to listen to a record. I have some Jam vinyl I'd love to relisten to but might have to wait until doomsday to get the time.

No worries Acton, it will come. For all of us. :eek:

It does sound better on vinyl. I listened to Hatful Of Hollow on vinyl a while ago and it sounded great but I'm lazy.

I hope the resissue coincides with a new record.

I doubt that Boz & co. would say anything about this, but has anybody tried on social media?

A quick Google search brought up nothing along with a quick look at Facebook. Just that one guy Roberto with his November spawned a reissue pic of the album. Made me curious about the pic on the actual record but that's about as revealing as it hot. With it being November already it's hard to not think it'll be delayed

No, I'm a dude. It's just that it's the worst song he has ever recorded. That's all.

I thought you might have been turned off by the sexist overtones. Since you are a guy I am sure you are not. Not sure that I could agree that this is the worst song that has ever been recorded. You are slighting so many horrible songs..."Macarana", "I'm To Sexy", Gangham Style" and my personal least favorite "CocaMo". Not even sure that is the worst Morrissey song he has ever recorded (but understand your dislike). I found a thread where people were going off on Mexico, Lazy Dykes, I'd Love To, Sorry Will Come In The End, and He Cried.

So where's this reissue? We're almost halfway through November!

November is still spawning this monster and it's not over yet. o_O
I am hoping for a new album released in December just before the Christmas shopping rally.

Remember, his new album was written, he was looking for a distributiondeal.
It seemed he didn't have any more expectations of signing a major label. Although if there was any good offer, he wouldn't refuse. And he has new management, what have they done so far? I hope he doesn't sack them before the deal has been made. :eek:

He has a reputation for shooting himself in the foot. :brows:
The silence is suspicious, but you could say the lack of any rumours filtering through is indicative too for the nonexistence of a new release. :(

Boz released an album on a label, why can't Morrissey use that label? I am sure he will have to pay for everything himself but... he must have the money for it by now. We are all getting older and sometimes you just have to go for it.

He didn't seem to mind paying for the recording last time so I doubt that's it. I don't know, the distaste for an indie label seems a personal one and he also might have different expectations than boz did of his album which might have to do with distribution marketing. Might want it on shelves everywhere where bozs might have only been placed in a few places which he might be fine with. Hard to say. If the reissue isn't happening after all I'm wondering if it'll just go unmentioned or we'll get a statement. The fact that nothing's been said makes me think it's just delayed

Back
Top Bottom