Where does Andy Rourke live?

Yes. Repeatedly. And he's a dear. He was kind immediately too, just because he knew I was a fan. He takes that seriously.

Hey Scarlett, long time no see. :cool:

Still hate me? Now would be a really good time not to. Just putting that out there.

Andy Rourke new manager is 'Melissa Aubert'. Melissa Aubert started out as a costume designer/stylist in Chicago, San Diego and Los Angeles working on print, TV and film prior to working in music. She has a strong background in the live business, having worked for many years as both a promoter at various venues in Los Angeles and an agent (at William Morris). In 2005 Melissa moved to New York to join 'Intrigue Music' (James Brown's management team) where she headed up their touring, marketing, and artist development departments. Since joining 'Magus', Melissa created and currently runs the sponsorship, branding and licensing division at 'Magus Entertainment' and manages Carina Round, Early Winters, and 'Andy Rourke'! Previously she worked with Fischerspooner, Echo & the Bunnymen in the US, and ZAZA.
For all Andy Rourke's contact details see here: http://www.andyrourke.com/contact/
Melissa Aubert: http://www.magusentertainment.com
Andy Rourke's radio show: http://www.eastvillageradio/shows/andyrourkesjetlag

Yes. Repeatedly. And he's a dear. He was kind immediately too, just because he knew I was a fan. He takes that seriously.
Wow you were very lucky that Andy Rourke was nice to you and treated you with respect. You must be one of those good-looking, trendy, hipster types. Maybe your in the same music scene Andy Rourke is in.
I always saw Andy Rourke as someone who is stuck at about 17 years old. Andy Rourke talks down to people he thinks are uncool, he is patronising, he talks down to them like they are children. Andy Rourke is only nice to a select few. Andy Rourke can be sweet and nice.
But also Andy Rourke 'blanks' people, makes snide remarks, he is rude, sometimes he swears or even shouts. Sometimes he makes a joke of Morrissey and he says unpleasant things behind peoples backs. I would say Andy Rourke is quite a false/fake person, superficial and he isn't well educated. Andy Rourke's life is all drugs, sex and rock 'n' roll.
Scott Free is a Canadian blogger who met Andy Rourke in a pub in Canada. This blog is interesting, Scott Free tells it like it is and sums up with humour what Andy Rourke is like, how he treats normal members of the public:
http://hubrisoverpathos.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/andy-rourke-can-kiss-my-ass.html

I've met him several times, even had dinner with him and his lovely girlfriend Fran in their apartment. LOVELY cats, too :)

They most certainly do not live in Brooklyn anymore, but he is in NY.

He immediately was friendly to me, as was she.

You're all idiots if you think he's anything other than gentle and kind.

-Ms. V.G.

How come everyone keeps saying his full name "Andy Rourke" over and over and over? Does he go by Andy? Or Mr. Rourke? We call Johnny Marr "Johnny" when we talk about him.

Wow you were very lucky that Andy Rourke was nice to you and treated you with respect. You must be one of those good-looking, trendy, hipster types. Maybe your in the same music scene Andy Rourke is in.
I always saw Andy Rourke as someone who is stuck at about 17 years old. Andy Rourke talks down to people he thinks are uncool, he is patronising, he talks down to them like they are children. Andy Rourke is only nice to a select few. Andy Rourke can be sweet and nice.
But also Andy Rourke 'blanks' people, makes snide remarks, he is rude, sometimes he swears or even shouts. Sometimes he makes a joke of Morrissey and he says unpleasant things behind peoples backs. I would say Andy Rourke is quite a false/fake person, superficial and he isn't well educated. Andy Rourke's life is all drugs, sex and rock 'n' roll.
Scott Free is a Canadian blogger who met Andy Rourke in a pub in Canada. This blog is interesting, Scott Free tells it like it is and sums up with humour what Andy Rourke is like, how he treats normal members of the public:

It's not luck and it's not because I'm trendy. I've met him -- ::counts:: -- four times now and have spent quite a bit of time in his presence, both in very small groups and in larger groups, and I can say with absolute confidence that the blog entry you linked me to is either B.S. or else Andy was having a particularly bad day that was blown out of proportion by that blogger. ...Or perhaps it was the person Andy was with who was being a brute. I don't know.

Andy is a sweet man. He's self-deprecating and humble. Too humble, I feel. Have you even met him? I can't imagine anyone having spent any amount of time in his presence who still believes these things about him. His life isn't drugs, sex, and rock'n'roll. Perhaps it was once -- I don't know because I didn't know him years ago, but it's certainly not now. He's a decent person. Fake?! I found him to be very real. Seriously, possibly too real. Real to the point of vulnerability.

Andy has nothing at all to gain from being kind to me, yet he always has been. I've seen him kind to strangers, kind to servers, kind to animals. He's just a good guy. I think this negativity towards him must be due to some kind of weird loyalty to Morrissey. That's the only thing I can come up with. It's baffling.

How come everyone keeps saying his full name "Andy Rourke" over and over and over? Does he go by Andy? Or Mr. Rourke? We call Johnny Marr "Johnny" when we talk about him.
Sometimes people call him 'Rourkey' I believe.

It's not luck and it's not because I'm trendy. I've met him -- ::counts:: -- four times now and have spent quite a bit of time in his presence, both in very small groups and in larger groups, and I can say with absolute confidence that the blog entry you linked me to is either B.S. or else Andy was having a particularly bad day that was blown out of proportion by that blogger. ...Or perhaps it was the person Andy was with who was being a brute. I don't know.

Andy is a sweet man. He's self-deprecating and humble. Too humble, I feel. Have you even met him? I can't imagine anyone having spent any amount of time in his presence who still believes these things about him. His life isn't drugs, sex, and rock'n'roll. Perhaps it was once -- I don't know because I didn't know him years ago, but it's certainly not now. He's a decent person. Fake?! I found him to be very real. Seriously, possibly too real. Real to the point of vulnerability.

Andy has nothing at all to gain from being kind to me, yet he always has been. I've seen him kind to strangers, kind to servers, kind to animals. He's just a good guy. I think this negativity towards him must be due to some kind of weird loyalty to Morrissey. That's the only thing I can come up with. It's baffling.

How come the person who wrote this post gets to bump into Morrissey casually TWICE. :straightface: That's the shit that baffles me.

I'm here to second what Valerie and Scarlet (and others) have said. Andy is a great guy, I've become a bigger fan after seeing how he interacts with others. In addition to his contribution to the Smiths.

That blog was bull, almost all of the whining in that blog was directed not at Andy but at the industry person he was allegedly with. How dare he switch tables!

That blog post is bizarre. Obviously I'm not famous, but if a stranger in a pub attempted to "set my morning on course" by summarising the menu unprompted, I'd either assume they were bar staff looking for an order - or simply overbearing and quite presumptuous. You should respect someone's privacy unless they invite you to do otherwise; being in "very-near-to-each-other seats" really has nothing to do with it. Having been rebuffed, the guy then follows up by listening in on Andy's conversation with someone else (classy!) and regurgitating those half-heard and completely de-contextualised comments as evidence that Andy is a bad guy. The blogger clearly has an axe to grind with the way the music business operates, and he's using this experience with Andy to prove his general hypothesis that all musicians are arseholes and the "industry" is corrupt to the core. I think this guy has issues way bigger than Andy Rourke.

Edit: I've just re-read the latter half and am wondering whether the author is about 13. Such casual homophobia - "the raised inflection saved for valley girls, homosexuals and club promoters", "Queerkick", "Andy enjoyed the rimjob", etc etc. Eurgh.

Last edited:
How come the person who wrote this post gets to bump into Morrissey casually TWICE. :straightface: That's the shit that baffles me.
Are you talking about 'Lindsey1151'? I think Lindsey wants to know which part of NYC Andy Rourke is currently living in.

Morrissey is kind to animals, he is into animal rights and he is a vegetarian. Andy Rourke eats meat and fish. I couldn't see Andy Rourke ever becoming a vegetarian. While I'm sure Andy Rourke is nice to his pet cats, he is quite happy to eat pigs, lambs or cows.
I would say Morrissey is more vulnerable than Andy Rourke, as Morrissey is a sensitive artist. But people the people who are truly vulnerable in a society are children, the elderly, the disabled, people with mental health problems, people with learning difficulties, the sick, the homeless, even people in prisons. Not a trendy celebrity like Andy Rourke who lives a very privileged life, he has a nice home, a girlfriend, good physical health, many friends, pets, has travelled to many places as a DJ and in bands and he has a nice supportive family.
Think of all the lonely people out there who don't have partners, pets, children, family, friends. Think of all the people who are unemployed, people who live on the streets, people in war zones, people who don't have enough food to eat that sort of thing. Also while Andy Rourke might smoke, drink and take drugs when he goes out partying and he may have depression. Think of all the normal, everyday people out there who struggle with addictions and depression far worse than Andy Rourke. Andy Rourke hasn't lived in the real world since he was about 17 years old and while he maybe down to earth, he doesn't understand how normal people live. Most rock stars have pretty big egos.
I believe what Scott Free says about Andy Rourke on his blog is true. Scott Free is not a fan of Andy Rourke at all, he was just being friendly to him. Andy Rourke and his friend were rude and nasty to Scott Free. Morrissey himself said everything he has heard about Andy Rourke is unpleasant. There is no way Morrissey would ever work with Andy Rourke again. People shouldn't except Andy Rourke being rude to them just because he is a celebrity.

Morrissey is kind to animals, he is into animal rights and he is a vegetarian. Andy Rourke eats meat and fish. I couldn't see Andy Rourke ever becoming a vegetarian. While I'm sure Andy Rourke is nice to his pet cats, he is quite happy to eat pigs, lambs or cows.
I would say Morrissey is more vulnerable than Andy Rourke, as Morrissey is a sensitive artist. But people the people who are truly vulnerable in a society are children, the elderly, the disabled, people with mental health problems, people with learning difficulties, the sick, the homeless, even people in prisons. Not a trendy celebrity like Andy Rourke who lives a very privileged life, he has a nice home, a girlfriend, good physical health, many friends, pets, has travelled to many places as a DJ and in bands and he has a nice supportive family.
Think of all the lonely people out there who don't have partners, pets, children, family, friends. Think of all the people who are unemployed, people who live on the streets, people in war zones, people who don't have enough food to eat that sort of thing. Also while Andy Rourke might smoke, drink and take drugs when he goes out partying and he may have depression. Think of all the normal, everyday people out there who struggle with addictions and depression far worse than Andy Rourke. Andy Rourke hasn't lived in the real world since he was about 17 years old and while he maybe down to earth, he doesn't understand how normal people live. Most rock stars have pretty big egos.
I believe what Scott Free says about Andy Rourke on his blog is true. Scott Free is not a fan of Andy Rourke at all, he was just being friendly to him. Andy Rourke and his friend were rude and nasty to Scott Free. Morrissey himself said everything he has heard about Andy Rourke is unpleasant. There is no way Morrissey would ever work with Andy Rourke again. People shouldn't except Andy Rourke being rude to them just because he is a celebrity.

:|

IDIOT

-Ms. V.G.

IDIOT

-Ms. V.G.
You obviously love Andy Rourke a great deal. Maybe you should find a Smiths forum where you can express your feelings for him. I don't want to get into personal attacks. I'm sure your a very nice woman and you are very lucky that Andy Rourke likes you. But I personally would rather spend time with normal, everyday folk who don't have big egos rather than celebrities. There are very few celebrities that I like. I'm not saying Andy Rourke does have a big ego, but a lot of rock stars do.
Andy Rourke is nice to a select group of people who thinks are hip and cool, his friends and you must be one of them. I've heard Andy Rourke might be paranoid about Smiths/Moz fans because of his rock 'n' roll lifestyle, but I'm not sure about that? You have to remember this is a Morrissey site and it's for Morrissey's fans, that is why the site is called Moz-solo. Morrissey has made it very clear what his feelings are when it comes to Andy Rourke. You probably aren't a vegetarian that is why animal rights are not important to you. I'm sure Andy Rourke's apartment, his girlfriend Fran and his cats are very nice. Andy Rourke is a very lucky man he always seems to get the ladies, he leads a very privileged life.

Are you talking about 'Lindsey1151'? I think Lindsey wants to know which part of NYC Andy Rourke is currently living in.

No, I'm talking about the person who has since I've known her has logged thousands of miles to attend Morrissey concerts, stood all day to queue in line to secure her place at the barrier, tracked him down to not only sign her arm, but add a lyric in addition, named her daughter Bunny after Now My Heart Is Full, and is proposing that the person who wrote this blog about Andy Rourke has "some kind of weird loyalty to Morrissey" because it's a negative reliew of one of the people whose ass she's licked because of their association with said Morrissey? :squiffy: How come he gets chance encounters with the freaktards?

I guess stalking is essential to that question. Nevermind.

No, I'm talking about the person who has since I've known her has logged thousands of miles to attend Morrissey concerts, stood all day to queue in line to secure her place at the barrier, tracked him down to not only sign her arm, but add a lyric in addition, named her daughter Bunny after Now My Heart Is Full, and is proposing that the person who wrote this blog about Andy Rourke has "some kind of weird loyalty to Morrissey" because it's a negative reliew of one of the people whose ass she's licked because of their association with said Morrissey? :squiffy: How come he gets chance encounters with the freaktards?

I guess stalking is essential to that question. Nevermind.
Andy Rourke did have an association with Morrissey, but he doesn't anymore. They should find people who are currently associated with Morrissey.
Who wrote a blog about Andy Rourke? Do you mean Scott Free? Scott Free isn't a fan of The Smiths, Andy Rourke or Morrissey.

Back
Top Bottom