• usually alone

Votes: 45 80.4%
  • usually not alone

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • unaware of whether I am alone or not

Votes: 9 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
always alone, i find it uncomfortable listening to him with others. i find listening to music quite a personal thing, if other people are there i just want them to leave so i can be alone with my music.

This is a goofy little poll.
When I listen to Morrissey I am-

Sometimes alone.

Sometimes with friends,loved ones or co-workers.

Sometimes drenched in sweat and hoarse from screaming myself silly after each song.

I have never really thought about it.

This is a goofy little poll.
When I listen to Morrissey I am-

Sometimes alone.

Sometimes with friends,loved ones or co-workers.

Sometimes drenched in sweat and hoarse from screaming myself silly after each song.

I have never really thought about it.
omg, are you saying I am goofy? :eek::p
and I know its a percentage thing, thats why I put the word "usually" in there
or gave people a third option, who simply did not know or could not decide :confused:
after all, indecisiveness is a hallmark(for many) of being Moz fan :rolleyes:

ps: thanks for thinking about it though :thumb:

Last edited:
We're all goofy.

This poll makes me think of a pal who put it like this.

"Sure I like Morrissey. Morrissey is like masturbation. It feels good, but I don't need anyone else to see me enjoying it".

I turn on the music and leave so it can be alone with itself.
:rofl:
&
I think I am gonna cry :o I have never had so many people vote in one of my polls :eek:

ps: to the 5(so far) that share Moz with others, how so?
I mean, do you mean like with your "partner" or with your "friends" :confused:
ps2: see, what I am getting at, is that Moz listening seems to have a romantic quality to it, but one that most of us, paradoxically, mostly only get to feel when we are alone :straightface:

LIKE MASTURBATION!

Or should I say-

"Mozturbation"?

Me, I don't keep mine hidden. And yes, that leads to co-workers doing bad Kermit the frog Moz impressions, but that's okay by me.

I enjoy Morrissey when I'm alone, mainly because the music touches me on such a deep, emotional level that I don't think anyone else would understand my love for it. Also, if I was listening to Moz and one of my friends put the music down in any way, I think it would negatively affect my opinion of that person. So I try to avoid those situations.

If you haven't developed a thick enough skin to deal with other people knocking your love for Morrissey, well...

"You just haven't earned it yet, baby".

Seriously. If I had a nickel for every time I've been belittled for my love of Morrissey, it would have covered the 11 times I've seen him. (And that includes the massively overpriced post YOTQ shows). I still remember high school, being shoulder checked by idiots in the hallway for my t-shirts... "You know Morrisey is a fag, dont you"?

Ummm... "What difference does it make"?

Who cares if others understand?

Its a shame that some of you people that voted "alone" along with me, cannot, you know, pair up or something :o:thumb:

people of my age have a job, as I used to have, most shows in The Netrerlands are sold out, but there is no real community,
2 people I used to know well early 90 , organised The Smiths/Morrissey parties

they had the evening enough of spinning the records , talking to people after the desk, and me
well, I just stood there, I'm just not a social lad talking, not drinking alcohol, or a few,poeple get into it, and I just stood there

there's a club if you like to go, you could meet someone who really loves you...

etc
becoming 46 sunday

still waiting , as Morrissey I seem not really into full commitment partner,
I need space rest, privacy

and I get pills

I think you lot know this is the sory of y life, and another book which says chasing the dragon,
the dragon's gone, and still alone, with me pills just some AD's benzo and sleepingpills
how else to cope if you know you screwed up yer life, and you onluy got one

guilt, and memories and people/family damaged

btw I get 46 coming sunday party at the park at the end of me street :(

Last edited:
I listen to Morrissey and The Smiths when things SUCK, hence I am unaware of whether I am alone or not, or pretending to be alone when not.

I have been listening to them a lot lately.

well, I just stood there, I'm just not a social lad talking, not drinking alcohol, or a few,poeple get into it, and I just stood there

there's a club if you like to go, you could meet someone who really loves you...

etc

*relates*
Hopefully there will be some Morrissey music at your party.
Are you throwing it or is it well meaning family?

Back
Top Bottom